Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 04-01-2014, 12:51 PM   #1
chamb0
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default EL wagon on ebay - thoughts?

Hi all, what are people's thoughts on this EL wagon? I've been looking for a nice EL or AU fairmont wagon and this one with a sunroof popped up on ebay nearby.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/281234479...84.m1423.l2649

The ID plate says it was once a Futura so obviously it's had a few bits and peices modified. An online PPSR search of the VIN confirmed this and reported 'no data' for being written off.

* What would something like this be worth, and is there anything that would make you think twice about it?
* Am I right in thinking the dash cluster will have been upgraded from futura spec, perhaps along with the odometer reading?
* Did Futura's ever come with a factory sunroof?

Old 04-01-2014, 03:07 PM   #2
supershifty
Missing a sock...
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Dave has been a long time active member on the forums and in particular has been a busy volunteer whenever there are cruises and toys runs etc held in South East Qld. He actively gives up his time and ensures that the events are provided for, be it commun 
Default Re: EL wagon on ebay - thoughts?

By the pics it certainly looks the goods as in being well looked after - looks to be a lovely ride, but pics and the real thing can be a different story. Fairmont wagons seem to be scarce so that could add to the value. It's done over 250k, not that it's worn out but would hopefully drag the value down in your favour. It's your choice what you want to pay - I'm saying around $4k would be an upper price that I'd be really happy with, the car is 16yo.

I paid $6k for a base model XH ute with 12 months rego and 119k on the clock about 18 months ago, one owner in immaculate condition with no trade work - I paid about $1k too much, but fell in love with it as soon as I saw it.

As much as I hate to say it - it's worth what you're willing to pay. Good luck chamb0 - hope you score mate!

Cheers!

Real friends + great times = sheer bliss!

Considering becoming an organ donor? Click here

QLD Events, Cruises and Get Togethers: Click here

Gain success instantly - lower your standards.

It's not government funded - it's taxpayer funded.

Last edited by supershifty; 04-01-2014 at 03:17 PM.
supershifty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 04-01-2014, 03:54 PM   #3
chamb0
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks supershifty... I'll see if I can go round and have a look. Obviously someone's been enjoying it enough to spend a bit of effort doing it up, reco-ing trans etc, and the long rego is nice. Just trying to weigh that up with the unknowables (what sort of life has it really had?), the door damage, how much repair and $$ the sunroof needs and whether it matters much to me that it's not a factory fairmont underneath.

Does that Gas Research dual fuel conversion look like a reasonable setup? I'm not too knowledgeable on what they're like.
Old 04-01-2014, 04:29 PM   #4
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

I'd buy that

Gas Research systems were at the forefront of performance lpg systems - everyone was getting them to do their systems on their old skool cars with momster v8's in them - it's a good system

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 05-01-2014, 04:27 PM   #5
chamb0
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Went to have a look and a drive. Looks ok on the surface but it's feeling its age underneath and I think there's too many unknowns (as well as no receipts for anything). Needs a bit of money spent and he doesn't sound willing to budge on price.

I've gotta say supershifty, those XH/XG utes are growing on me, want to sell me yours?
Old 06-01-2014, 01:52 AM   #6
supershifty
Missing a sock...
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Dave has been a long time active member on the forums and in particular has been a busy volunteer whenever there are cruises and toys runs etc held in South East Qld. He actively gives up his time and ensures that the events are provided for, be it commun 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamb0 View Post
Went to have a look and a drive. Looks ok on the surface but it's feeling its age underneath and I think there's too many unknowns (as well as no receipts for anything). Needs a bit of money spent and he doesn't sound willing to budge on price.

I've gotta say supershifty, those XH/XG utes are growing on me, want to sell me yours?
Sorry Tom, but no chance on that brother. It was a once in a lifetime car to stumble across, hence the price. Most utes have done trade duty. I love it to bits. Hasn't cost me anything apart from an A/C condenser and the regular service items. It's the best "two door" that I could afford.

I was being rather practical and looking for a Hyundai Getz at the time - wtf I was thinking?

The V8's are great. but the 4.0 litre I6 comes a very close second. The 6 just laughs at whatever load you put on it/tow.

Real friends + great times = sheer bliss!

Considering becoming an organ donor? Click here

QLD Events, Cruises and Get Togethers: Click here

Gain success instantly - lower your standards.

It's not government funded - it's taxpayer funded.
supershifty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post