Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 21-12-2013, 01:03 AM   #1
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Default Fuel Vouchers

Ok, before anyone says it, yes they probably are a scam, but that's not what this is about.
Anyway, I only do $30 worth of shopping in Coles to get an 8c voucher and I always buy heavily reduced items that I need.

So every week for like ever, my wife and I have been meeting up at a Shell servo once a week to fill our cars.
She puts about 35 litres in her VRX and I throw 50l of gas in my VT.
Always paid both together and used the one docket to claim a discount.

Anyway, this evening we roll into the local Shell servo, fill both cars, go to pay and get told we cant use one docket to fill two cars as its one customer per docket.
Crap, I told her, I am one customer paying for 2 lots of fuel.
She then said its one docket per car, to which I asked her to show me where it says that on the docket.
She scans the docket for a few seconds and then tells me she will do it this once.
I thanked her and said I would be contacting Shell direct about it.

Has anyone else had this issue, the docket only says up to 150l, it says nothing about one car.
Hell, if I rolled in with a ute with 7 jerry cans in the tray how can they stop me or determine what car/s its going in to.

BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2013, 01:17 AM   #2
tregs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Fuel Vouchers

I've never had a problem I've had a few 20c off p/l an fill my ute up than my jerry cans as I have a few 20 gallan drums at home I like to make the most of it
Old 21-12-2013, 01:59 AM   #3
Hell Cat

The bloke at my old work does the same thing plus fills up some cans.
Hell Cat is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2013, 07:56 AM   #4
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

OP - that's crap! The customer can buy fuel however they wish. I do the same with my mrs - we fill both cars + a jerry can, if there's a decent docket. Otherwise we fill up at independents. One time that equated to $50 off (30c discount + 4c in-store).
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2013, 09:08 AM   #5
philfixit

BENT_8,
I have had no problems filling more than 1 vehicle at a time, at the local Shell outlet.
If memory serves me correctly, the Guy behind the counter was more than happy to accept 1 voucher when I filled my Territory (LPG), an EH Holden on the car trailer and the EH my misses was driving. The total fuel purchase was less than 150 litre and one person was making the payment (obviously). This was about 5 years ago.
She must have been having a "Bad Day" No excuse for poor Customer Service.
Regards, Philfixit
philfixit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2013, 09:37 AM   #6
xxx000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

She was right.

It obviously can't state every term and condition on the docket.

From the terms and conditions

Quote:
One receipt or voucher entitles you to a discount off the pump price of fuel, whether LPG, diesel or petrol, from Coles Express service stations for:

• One fuel type for one vehicle (including *approved containers or boat or motorcycles on an attached trailer) up to a maximum of 150 litres; or
• Two fuel types for one vehicle up to a maximum of 150 litres; or
• Two fuel types for one vehicle (including *approved containers or boat or motorcycles on an attached trailer) up to a maximum of 150 litres; or
• Any number of *approved containers up to a maximum of 150 litres
xxx000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2013, 10:28 AM   #7
Xauterus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I hate the whole Colesworth discount fuel thing. So you are getting a discount on something they inflated the price on? When they were having their discounting war with milk they just increased the price of fuel to suit.

I fill up at my local Caltex that does not offer the coles discount. I shop at my local IGA as well because I am so disgusted with the Coles, Woolworths loyalty scam.
Xauterus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 21-12-2013, 10:35 AM   #8
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Hey guys, this will be an academic argument in a week as I was told last night by my local servo that the fuel dockets were going to be stopped on 26th and they will be no more. Once the current vouchers are used up that's it. She also said that they wouldn't be able to accept Flybuys and you'd only be able to use Flybuy points at the supermarket. If this is correct then someone has seen the loop hole where you could use your Flybuys at the counter to get a discount and closed it as well. Is there anyone with the Woolies loyalty card that can confirm that they won't be able to use it to get discount fuel any more after christmas?

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2013, 11:03 AM   #9
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushbasher View Post
Hey guys, this will be an academic argument in a week as I was told last night by my local servo that the fuel dockets were going to be stopped on 26th and they will be no more. Once the current vouchers are used up that's it. She also said that they wouldn't be able to accept Flybuys and you'd only be able to use Flybuy points at the supermarket. If this is correct then someone has seen the loop hole where you could use your Flybuys at the counter to get a discount and closed it as well. Is there anyone with the Woolies loyalty card that can confirm that they won't be able to use it to get discount fuel any more after christmas?

ha ha ha local? ......... 60k away dont ya just love country life
Old 21-12-2013, 11:05 AM   #10
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxx000 View Post
She was right.

It obviously can't state every term and condition on the docket.

From the terms and conditions
Well the way I see it she was wrong, my gas tank and my wifes petrol tank are two containers that are approved.

From wiki the term container describes...
Container may refer to:
An item used to contain, store, and transport products .

Fuel is a product, a gas tank and petrol tank are containers used to contain fuel, where's the problem?

It is open to interpretation and therefore should be clearly defined.

When I fill my gas tank I quite often throw in $10 of petrol to keep the tank above 1/4. Under their rules I can do this as I am still filling one car, if I were to bring a jerry can with me and fill it, pour it into the wifes car and repeat until its full, isn't that within the guidelines as technically I am using their pump to fill one car and containers
I have never had a problem before and you would think something as important as how many vehicles can be filled would be on the docket along with the other crap.
Old 21-12-2013, 12:58 PM   #11
Spurious

So next time that same chic is working the counter, fill up your car, some 20lt jerry's & have your wife waiting in the "clearly visible' background. Then take the jerry's straight over to your wife after you fill them but BEFORE you've paid. Lets she what counter girl say's about THAT!!!

This way you're only fill your vehicle & approved containers!
Spurious is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2013, 05:31 PM   #12
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

That's the plan, and I will do it slowly at peak hour and block up the bowsers while I do it.
I mean I would, but i'm far too considerate and couldn't bring myself to make it someone else's problem so I will just get her to park next to and use the same unleaded pump I use, lets see em whinge about that.

Really its a friggin joke, if I can fill up my car with 60l of gas and then fill 4 jerry cans with unleaded and get away with it, why cant I just fill two cars.
What presents more danger, 60l in a gas tank and 50l of unleaded in a petrol tank or 80l of unleaded in jerry cans in the back of a ute or trailer, I mean seriously.
Old 21-12-2013, 06:44 PM   #13
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushbasher View Post
May have got wrong info re Flybuys? Use my card at the Coles Shell and only get the points, if there is a discount scheme with Coles/ Shell and Flybuys I don't think its well publicised.

I remember the ACCC saying on the radio that the fuel discount scheme was against the law. Perhaps there is some truth in that if the scheme does get scrapped.

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2013, 07:38 PM   #14
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Bush Basher..from Jan 1..it will only be 4c a litre no more....The days of 8c etc are gone.
Old 21-12-2013, 08:09 PM   #15
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

If that's the case then the woman behind the counter clearly doesn't have a clue.

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 21-12-2013, 10:57 PM   #16
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8 View Post
Bush Basher..from Jan 1..it will only be 4c a litre no more....The days of 8c etc are gone.
Yep, your right, now it's 25-35 cpl............ if you have to do grocery shopping why not get 35cpl discount as well?

SPEND.. SAVE
$140..... 25¢
$150..... 30¢
$160..... 35¢
Old 21-12-2013, 11:43 PM   #17
Xauterus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So if you spend money at the big supermarkets, you will save money buying their fuel? What a bargain
Xauterus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2013, 11:45 PM   #18
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xauterus View Post
So if you spend money at the big supermarkets, you will save money buying their fuel? What a bargain
So where would you rather buy your groceries ?
Old 22-12-2013, 12:38 AM   #19
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Most of the operators behind the counter dont care what you have filled what with to use your voucher. BUT sometimes there is a refresher or a newby on the counter and they remind you of the terms. As for the discount continuing Coles and Woolies have agreed to cap the discount at 4c. There should be no change to Flybuys as there wasnt a problem with the FB system except sometimes Flybuys customers were given the big discounts, via email whereby you have to activate the offer, that the normal shoppers werent. Again that wont continue. There has never been a discount for using your flybuys card, you accrue points on your card.
Old 22-12-2013, 11:41 AM   #20
Spudz27
Call me Spud

Well I do all my shopping at woolies and iga. As the only woolies petrol station does not have 98, I get my fuel at shell, but refuse to buy groceries from coles. So for me fuel dockets are just something I throw in the bin. I love watching the people spend more than they came in for just to get a docket to save less on fuel, than if they had just bought those few items and left. There is also the spend in servo to get another 4c off, so if I spend $5 on a chocolate and drink (most people) unless I put 150l in, I never saved a cent and would have been better off financially had I kept my $5.

Last edited by Spudz27; 22-12-2013 at 11:47 AM.
Spudz27 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-12-2013, 07:57 PM   #21
Matty4
Banana

Interesting. I have a 15c voucher that expires 4th Jan. Better use it sooner rather than after the new year.
I have 8 jerry cans here that I am going to take down to my servo and fill them all and then bring them home to fill up my boat. Bit easier than taking the boat down.

See what happens.
Old 02-01-2014, 12:38 AM   #22
last fairlane
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Cool Re: Fuel Vouchers

I had a tipper and every second or third day I would use shopper dockets from family and friends
anyway I would put in 145 litres of diesel and hang up the nozzle then start again that way I would get my fuel fully discounted
I was told that by one of the counter guys to do it that way to get around the 150 limit
last fairlane is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2014, 10:16 AM   #23
LG17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Only 4c vouchers from now on - the ACCC has deemed the my voucher is better than yours to be unfair.
LG17 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2014, 10:31 AM   #24
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG17 View Post
Only 4c vouchers from now on - the ACCC has deemed the my voucher is better than yours to be unfair.
I thought it was funny that it was reported in one newspaper saying that as the Fuel discounts are now not subsidised by the grocery sales, food prices should come down !!

Yeah right.