Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 12-09-2013, 06:15 PM   #31
Matty4
Banana

Default Re: Smile You are on Civillian Speed Camera in QLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAD View Post
What I mostly see are Commodore wagons or Hyundai softroaders.

There were a couple of attacks on operators but I don't remember it being massively widespread.
They've mostly been using Klugers and Outlanders out my way recently.
AFAIK all camera vans here in Vic are now fitted with surveillance cameras front, side and rear fitted internally, taking video of anyone who approaches the vehicle from any direction.

Funny thing is, if they were deployed in genuine accident areas and not just where they will catch the most vehicles, then they may not need this and people would have more confidence in the system.

There is a road near me that is an 80 zone (used to be 90 until some one showing off in his Ferrari went a bit fast and killed himself and his passenger, but I digress) and has one short overtaking section followed on by a school zone of 40 at school times. The camera is always alongside the overtaking zone catching those doing 85-90 overtaking those doing 70, yet 500 metres down the road at the 40 zone it's never there, people still doing 70 through there at all times.....
Old 12-09-2013, 06:30 PM   #32
malazn mafia
Boss 335

What makes me ashamed to be Australian, is the existence of companies like RedFlex, products like Stalkcar radar, Lidar, etc. being founded or developed in Australia. Like seriously, do Australians have anything better to do than invent this BS technology??
malazn mafia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 13-09-2013, 04:49 PM   #33
steve.zissou
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

actually, police are there "to protect and serve"

they should have ATO staff maning the cameras
steve.zissou is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 13-09-2013, 08:14 PM   #34
Pedro
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozpacman View Post
Actually that's not quite correct Pedro. I believe it's a QPS requirement that all speed camera vehicles are manned for the duration of the allocated deployment.

Oh, and we didn't actually have speed camera vehicles in Queensland in the 80's. Gee you were a lucky duck having email and a digital camera back then too - I could only afford a crappy old 35mm film camera and would have had to fax the images to the Police Minister!

Cheers,

Russ

So it was later than 80's ... I can't remember the exact year ... just seemed that long ago.
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2013, 08:23 PM   #35
STINKY NINJA
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty4 View Post
They've mostly been using Klugers and Outlanders out my way recently.
AFAIK all camera vans here in Vic are now fitted with surveillance cameras front, side and rear fitted internally, taking video of anyone who approaches the vehicle from any direction.

Funny thing is, if they were deployed in genuine accident areas and not just where they will catch the most vehicles, then they may not need this and people would have more confidence in the system.

There is a road near me that is an 80 zone (used to be 90 until some one showing off in his Ferrari went a bit fast and killed himself and his passenger, but I digress) and has one short overtaking section followed on by a school zone of 40 at school times. The camera is always alongside the overtaking zone catching those doing 85-90 overtaking those doing 70, yet 500 metres down the road at the 40 zone it's never there, people still doing 70 through there at all times.....
Unfortunately revenue raising has nothing to do with road safety or saving lives and the government knows that too well,it is just such a good money earner.
Just one of those things the govt will lie through their teeth about no matter what,while its pulling in the dollars its a good thing whether people are dying or not.
STINKY NINJA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2013, 08:44 PM   #36
rancidpunx
FPV GTR

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For technical contribution to all things car-care related. And helping/advising forum members with the best possible information. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BKdbxX1pDw
- Veridian Green PJ Ranger XLT -
The Work Truck

rancidpunx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 14-09-2013, 06:39 PM   #37
Blue Roo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Some one should show this to the State Government.
Blue Roo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-09-2013, 12:02 AM   #38
Pedro
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Roo View Post
Some one should show this to the State Government.
You could show it to them but they wouldn't take any notice as if it was implemented, the budget estimates would have to be downgraded.
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-09-2013, 09:03 AM   #39
FPV+fteT3
Performance Inc.

I wonder if constitutionally this is legal? where a private company can issue fines to an individual for using a publicly funded road.

FPV Super Pursuit Build no 0080/91
Lotus Exige S/C S240

Kart Hasse Chassis 100J Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Rental cars, the equipment of choice to get to destinations where 4WDs fear to drive......
FPV+fteT3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-09-2013, 09:41 AM   #40
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV+fteT3 View Post
I wonder if constitutionally this is legal? where a private company can issue fines to an individual for using a publicly funded road.
the private company only sit in the car they do not issue the fines

they only collect the pics/data then it is sent onto the police who then issue the fine

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jason[98.EL] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post