Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 17-08-2013, 03:02 PM   #31
creative
I am Batman

Default Re: Internet car parts - I may have been tricked.. Sydney

well I took a swing past duffy ave today but didnt see anything relating to prestige bodyworks but there was a smash repair place and tow company (nrma approved etc) as well as a couple of smaller companies. place was locked up when I went past so couldnt call in but left all the phone numbers for the place. Seeing as you know he is out of the country (allegedly) give em a call to see if anyone knows him.

if he has indeed anything to do with these places I would go collect the parts for you if you want and have them sent from mine. just let me know!
Rebuilt Boss260 with #Kellogs 1500hp forged and balanced crank#Manley forged flattop pistons with a 9.5/1cr#4340 forged h-beam rods with arp bolts#Clevit performance rod and main bearings#full ARP headstud kit#total seal rings#Mantic twin plate development clutch and lightened flywheel#Mellings uprated oil pump#Mainforce Performance Supercharger kit#AU motorsport 345mm big brake kit.

Now producing 369.7rwkw/496rwhp@6000 and 515ft/lb torque @ 11 psi.
Now sat on an engine stand going nowhere
2 users like this post:
Old 17-08-2013, 05:17 PM   #32
LG17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy1 View Post
UPDATE: Paul just responded to a tex message. The response was;
I'm in Japan. Will be back Monday. Didn't you get my email last week? (no).
Price for pallet to Perth is $467. (agreement is that shipping was extra once he found out the size and got the quote, so this is ok).

Summary; If I believe this excuse then I may still be ok, and parts may soon be coming my way. Thanks for help for now. I will keep you updated on Monday or Tuesday. Hopefully it goes well. Cheers

The only trouble with that text message is it could be sent from anywhere... :(
Old 17-08-2013, 08:24 PM   #33
monte.b

You have been ripped of mate ,go directly to your local police station ,do not pass go ,and make a complaint ,the longer you leave it, the harder for the police to lay charges ,or use the other option ,but that can get messy too
This user likes this post:
Old 17-08-2013, 09:37 PM   #34
happy1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks for assistance and advice guys. In particular big big thanks to Creative for driving past the address in question today.

I used google street view to see some of the other businesses at the address, and I called the tow truck company next door. They were not too helpful with information. On monday I will call the sign-business at U2/14 Duffy Ave, (wall-to-wall with Chicane Prestige) to see if they know some more.

I agree that it is not ideal to deposit even more money (for courier) to the seller. I will ask him to put aside some of the smaller parts from the pallet, and ask him to pay for the courier with the money I have already sent him.

It is tempting to take up the very generous offer of some of you going there to pick up the pallet so that I can arrange shipment from a different address.
I have paid market value for the parts, and until now I have believed that this is a legitimate seller since he had business name, address, ABN, etc, and was referred to me by another established business, European Parts Centre after I asked them for a part via their Ebay listing. I phoned EPC today to ask more details about Paul, and they said they didn't know Paul that well, but knew that Paul had the parts I were after, and they gave me his number 2 months ago, so obviously they have done business with him in the past.

My dillemma is if I can't thrust the seller enough to now ship the parts, then I also can't thrust how he obtained these parts in the first place. Due to this I hesitate to take up the offer of involving any of you in picking up and shipping my pallet.

I will update this post on Monday afternoon. Again thank you for wonderful assistance. After this is resolved I promise myself to be more careful with remote purchases over internet. Cheers,
Old 17-08-2013, 09:52 PM   #35
FAT245
Lacking Imagination

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Nath deserve's a Technical Contributor award for his willingness to share everything in his vast knowledge of tuning EEC-IV and -V Falcons, not to mention engines! 

i have had my fair share of issues with Panel Beaters,

The last one that screwed me over sold parts off my car to pay for some of his bills.
Most in Sydney cannot be trusted as they think they are king ****.

PM Me his number, ill give him a call and tell him that EPC recommended him for some Merc parts and i can see if he is in sydney or not.

I have no love for Panel beaters, If i get the opportunity to screw one or punch one, ill take it up without blinking.

My 11 Second AU Fairlane
364w | 225cc CNC | ---/---@0.050 | Morrison Motorsport ITB Manifold | MoTeC M150 (Engine Control) | PCS TCM-2800 (Trans Control) | 6800rpm Stall | 4R75W
5 users like this post:
Old 19-08-2013, 10:45 PM   #36
Simple6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Tech article on rear bushes. 

Ah mate sounds like a rough run.

Only 2 months ago I left that area and actually have been a customer of 1/14 Duffy Ave, however they're Thornleigh Cylinder Heads, not a body shop? Mind you I was last there 12mths ago now, but I guess they could have moved or closed down - they've been in business for 50 years though, so a shame if they have closed down, but here's their website (with 1/14 Duffy St still listed).

http://www.thornleighcylinderheads.com/

You could try calling the number there?
Old 20-08-2013, 07:43 AM   #37
ChRiDDa

Quote:
Originally Posted by monte.b View Post
You have been ripped of mate ,go directly to your local police station ,do not pass go ,and make a complaint ,the longer you leave it, the harder for the police to lay charges ,or use the other option ,but that can get messy too
Police will not investigate, as it's not a 'police matter' - From what has been described, this is a civil dispute (payment made for goods not yet delivered)

It would have to be proved (beyond reasonable doubt - a fairly high level of proof) that this person had the intention of permanently depriving you of the said goods - Something which is going to be near on impossible to do, as the first thing he is going to say is "I've been overseas on urgent business, I forgot" etc etc etc...

You'd be best off filing a civil law suit against him
Old 20-08-2013, 10:13 AM   #38
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

it becomes a police matter if it becomes evident he has no intention of supplying the parts. the offence of obtain financial benefit by deception is just one thing they can be charged with
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChRiDDa View Post
Police will not investigate, as it's not a 'police matter' - From what has been described, this is a civil dispute (payment made for goods not yet delivered)

It would have to be proved (beyond reasonable doubt - a fairly high level of proof) that this person had the intention of permanently depriving you of the said goods - Something which is going to be near on impossible to do, as the first thing he is going to say is "I've been overseas on urgent business, I forgot" etc etc etc...

You'd be best off filing a civil law suit against him

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO
Old 20-08-2013, 10:19 AM   #39
creative
I am Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple6 View Post
Ah mate sounds like a rough run.

Only 2 months ago I left that area and actually have been a customer of 1/14 Duffy Ave, however they're Thornleigh Cylinder Heads, not a body shop? Mind you I was last there 12mths ago now, but I guess they could have moved or closed down - they've been in business for 50 years though, so a shame if they have closed down, but here's their website (with 1/14 Duffy St still listed).

http://www.thornleighcylinderheads.com/

You could try calling the number there?
they are still there...

and the other ones...

I grabbed these whilst I was there.
Rebuilt Boss260 with #Kellogs 1500hp forged and balanced crank#Manley forged flattop pistons with a 9.5/1cr#4340 forged h-beam rods with arp bolts#Clevit performance rod and main bearings#full ARP headstud kit#total seal rings#Mantic twin plate development clutch and lightened flywheel#Mellings uprated oil pump#Mainforce Performance Supercharger kit#AU motorsport 345mm big brake kit.

Now producing 369.7rwkw/496rwhp@6000 and 515ft/lb torque @ 11 psi.
Now sat on an engine stand going nowhere
Old 20-08-2013, 10:55 AM   #40
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The panel beaters will be the towies bread and butter so he wont want to be saying too much. This being the case he will surely have already spoken to pb about the phone call.
Old 20-08-2013, 12:22 PM   #41
MercurySilver
Isn't it obvious?
Donating Member1

Ffs just get fat to go around
Lol
Old 21-08-2013, 08:59 AM   #42
EB#
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Constant helpful advice and step by step guides in easy to understand format with pictures. 

To the OP:
Have you actually seen a pic of the wrapped pallet with your parts?
I would suggest you organise a local advocate (forum member) to suss this thing out
properly for you and collect the pallet personally, if possible, if it even exists. Sorry, but
the whole story so far looks like a rip.
Old 21-08-2013, 09:32 AM   #43
Revolver
Big Member
Donating Member1

Happy 1.

I would be getting either FAT245 with his imposing figure, or creative if he is willing or both, to go around and inspect said parts BEFORE having them shipped. If he has dragged you on this long, then it is possible that he either doesn't have the parts & is looking to buy them, or the parts don't exist. Sending a couple of trusty AFF members to inspect & collect these parts is the best option.

To put your mind a ease a little, FAT245 is an established member here with a few personal friends that are members also. No doubt he would be willing to collect these parts, pack, & ship them to you.

Getting the "seller" to ship them to you is risky. As the tracking number may become "lost" from the "transport company" & the parts conveniently go missing. If he refuses on these terms, ask for your money back. Also explain the wait time has been inexcusable without proper contact (ie phone call) and you did not get that message. Tell him you will also only accept a phone call as line if communication from here on out, due to possible message failure or problems with his email.

I would also go to the police and explain the situation to them & see where you stand. It doesn't hurt to go have a chat. You've already done a fair amount of leg work already to establish a name, & previous place of business, ABN, & business name. Some people in this thread have said they can't help. Just ask them what can be done, if anything. There may have been a similar case known to them that came to a happy result.

Just go have a chat, see where you stand. That can't hurt. I wouldn't be trusting the sellers word now. And whatever you do, do not, I repeat, DO NOT give him the benefit of the doubt.
/////Alpine Sound.
EBGT Momo Woodgrain Steering Wheel
The Scarlet Fairlane Build Thread

Project "White Knight"
93 ED XR6
ROH Alloys
Momo wheel
Cruise
Sunroof
Premo Sound
Manual
HO Goodies
PWK Build Thread

1990 Yamaha FZR 250: 59000ks & climbing. New fairing, old tank, my angry mosquito in a coffee tin! 14.977 1/4mile.
Old 21-08-2013, 10:56 AM   #44
AU1XLS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member3

Get back to me via pm with the outcome and I will update thread, until then thread is closed

Last edited by AU1XLS; 21-08-2013 at 08:30 PM.
Closed Thread