Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 18-04-2013, 09:43 PM   #1
flooded one
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Ford AUS negativity in media

does anyone else think the amount of negativity by the media might be why Ford AU hasn't said about plans after 2016?? it would not surprise me. especially after all the garbage they copped by a certain journalist his name shall not be mentioned. (probably will if this thread doesn't get locked!!) and other people in the media have said about ford getting government grants but yet I think Holden's copped it nowhere near as bad as Ford has for the last year or so anyone else think the same way of late???

Old 18-04-2013, 09:49 PM   #2
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

Default Re: Ford AUS negativity in media

Really more threads on this conspiracy?
Ford is a large multinational organisation making billions of dollars with huge numbers of resources, I think they can put up with a little negative media like any other organisation can.
You have to look at why the media are looking at Ford and Holden, they're part of two huge international car companies (Ford is making good profits overall), they receive a good slice of public money, they're not selling their products, their market share has been cut and they're cutting jobs so I can't see why they shouldn't be scrutinised. Up to both of them to publicly comment.
Old 18-04-2013, 10:20 PM   #3
luibagtp

I agree when Holden announced that they were going to slash jobs the very next day there was not one article in the herald sun the next day. I looked to or three and could not believe it .

Last time when ford announced that they were going to slash jobs it was front page news the falcon was gone ford would shut down production in Australia blah blah blah. I think there to much bias towards Holden
2 users like this post:
Old 18-04-2013, 10:31 PM   #4
flooded one
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wretched View Post
Really more threads on this conspiracy?
Ford is a large multinational organisation making billions of dollars with huge numbers of resources, I think they can put up with a little negative media like any other organisation can.
You have to look at why the media are looking at Ford and Holden, they're part of two huge international car companies (Ford is making good profits overall), they receive a good slice of public money, they're not selling their products, their market share has been cut and they're cutting jobs so I can't see why they shouldn't be scrutinised. Up to both of them to publicly comment.
I do agree holden and ford do receive a good slice of the tax payers money. the thing I cant work out is why when holden have taken the most amount of tax payers money out of our three local manufactures why haven't the media bagged out holden as bad as ford did?? I remember last year for months reading articles like falcon cant fly after government grants and multiple pictures of falcons driving over cliffs and even a falcon that was drawn as a lemon on wheels.
This user likes this post:
Old 18-04-2013, 10:35 PM   #5
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildrider View Post
I do agree holden and ford do receive a good slice of the tax payers money. the thing I cant work out is why when holden have taken the most amount of tax payers money out of our three local manufactures why haven't the media bagged out holden as bad as ford did?? I remember last year for months reading articles like falcon cant fly after government grants and multiple pictures of falcons driving over cliffs and even a falcon that was drawn as a lemon on wheels.
Forgot last week (or the week before) when Holden announced all the jobs cuts? It was pretty much all over The Age, ABC, 3AW, etc. Many calling for Holden's blood.
Well can Ford build Falcon without handouts?
Actually Wheels didn't draw Falcon as a Lemon, they said ALL cars that year for COTY were lemons.
Old 18-04-2013, 10:43 PM   #6
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by luibagtp View Post
I agree when Holden announced that they were going to slash jobs the very next day there was not one article in the herald sun the next day. I looked to or three and could not believe it .

Herald Sun

Business Insider

Lateline

Holden have copped it just as bad from the mainstream press...and the Australian public...

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Old 18-04-2013, 10:45 PM   #7
flooded one
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wretched View Post
Forgot last week (or the week before) when Holden announced all the jobs cuts? It was pretty much all over The Age, ABC, 3AW, etc. Many calling for Holden's blood.
Well can Ford build Falcon without handouts?
Actually Wheels didn't draw Falcon as a Lemon, they said ALL cars that year for COTY were lemons.
na the falcon that was drawn as a lemon on wheels wasn't in wheels magazine (should of wrote that better sorry) it was in an article by Joshua Dowling on cars guide or whatever its called a while back (dam it didn't want too mention him lol). which caused a big stir and later the lemon driven by wheels in the pic was replaced with a picture of the FG falcon. a few members on this forum would remember this as this forum was how I found out about it.
3 users like this post:
Old 18-04-2013, 10:51 PM   #8
flooded one
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikked View Post
Herald Sun

Business Insider

Lateline

Holden have copped it just as bad from the mainstream press...and the Australian public...
some examples against holden but when I goggle news on ford falcon its always doom and gloom. it has been for months. I'm hoping that maybe the media might be turning on holden as well now I mean the latest things on google news is about falcon being outsold by a Mercedes benz and no news is bad news for ford etc, and the sales slump gets the mention too. the constant bagging isn't doing anyone the world of good. be holden, ford or toyota
Old 18-04-2013, 10:56 PM   #9
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Man didn't land on the moon, Princess Dianna is still alive, America brought down the twin towers, I turned into Brad Pitt and rooted all the members of ABBA and Ford Australia is disappearing after 2016......
Old 18-04-2013, 11:07 PM   #10
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I don't think so, I think it is just busines, and I think ford oz likes to keep its options open whichever way it goes and try not to make promises it may not be able to keep.
Old 18-04-2013, 11:17 PM   #11
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Holden got absolutely slaughtered by the media the past couple of weeks over those redundancies. Even Dowling got stuck into them but rather quickly toned down his rhetoric to a more apologist tone. ******.

I'm the first to bag the media and single out journos for criticism but I will say I don't think Ford have ever copped it as bad as what Holden did last week/the week before.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Old 18-04-2013, 11:17 PM   #12
nstg8a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo View Post
Man didn't land on the moon, Princess Dianna is still alive, America brought down the twin towers, I turned into Brad Pitt and rooted all the members of ABBA and Ford Australia is disappearing after 2016......
Didn't abba have guys as well?
2 users like this post:
Old 18-04-2013, 11:19 PM   #13
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstg8a View Post
Didn't abba have guys as well?
Oh snap! Time to come out Damo.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Old 18-04-2013, 11:21 PM   #14
flooded one
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo View Post

man didn't land on moon? it was staged in my garage
princess di killed by paparazzi on mopeds that could clock 190km/h chasing a Mercedes Benz W140 by flashing there cameras at it
people didn't like the towers! thats why they got taken down
as for ABBA. even benny andersson??
ford has not made a decision about its operations after 2016..
which of this is true...
I suspect might be because of all the negative media attention it has received. if it makes an announcement what will happen? 1.( if ford stays) "how can ford still build here" is what the media will yell. I hope they stay too be honest. 2 (if ford do say there leaving) I bet the media will still bag out fords Australian operation. the media has a lot too answer for in this country. I'm pretty sure the constant bagging Mitsubishi got about sales of the 380 lead too Mitsubishi australias demise too
Old 18-04-2013, 11:22 PM   #15
flooded one
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik View Post
I don't think so, I think it is just busines, and I think ford oz likes to keep its options open whichever way it goes and try not to make promises it may not be able to keep.
probably the best answer so far
Old 19-04-2013, 12:58 AM   #16
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildrider View Post
ford has not made a decision about its operations after 2016..
which of this is true...
I suspect might be because of all the negative media attention it has received. if it makes an announcement what will happen? 1.( if ford stays) "how can ford still build here" is what the media will yell. I hope they stay too be honest. 2 (if ford do say there leaving) I bet the media will still bag out fords Australian operation. the media has a lot too answer for in this country.
Same discussion over and over, rather than high-lighting the same Story why not wait for an official Ford media release on there future in Oz, until then your only feeding the situation by re-hatching it.

Closed

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
Closed Thread