Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 20-02-2013, 08:23 PM   #31
BadMax
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Insurance company change?

Interesting...no reply?
BadMax is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2013, 08:36 PM   #32
Dash_XR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I didn't think it warranted a reply? We both have our own experiences and opinions and have expressed them.

I read Russ's post, I definitely agree it's worth shopping around and also concede that yes has was just offering the op and alternative.

He also answered my question, "There is no harm is asking"
Rapid Systems Intercooler & Battery Relocation - ID 1000 Injectors - Process West Surge Tank - Venom 100 Cell Bolt On Cat - XForce 3.5 inch Catback - Plazmaman 4 inch Turboside Intake - Crow HD Valve Springs - Glowshift Gauges (Oil temp, Oil Pressure, Boost, Volt) - Malwood Opt 5 - XR50 Interior - FG2 Limited Ed 19's - Nitto Invo's

Dash_XR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2013, 12:11 AM   #33
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

In my first reply I mentioned that you should always re-quote, even with the same company.

Just went through some paperwork and found 2 recent NRMA greenslips. One was the renewal at $662 and one has a receipt on it for $538.

Exact same policy, exact same details, same dates, nothing different other than a different policy number.. oh and a saving of around $125.

Don't ever blindly pay renewals.....

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2013, 02:57 PM   #34
BadMax
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash_XR View Post
I didn't think it warranted a reply?
I was actualy seeing if 'xisled' was going to reply to my questions/opinions considering he has stated he is a policy writer for Suncorp.
Old 21-02-2013, 03:19 PM   #35
Kable72
Parts Interpreter

I'm with AAMI for my XR6 ute. 20 years old, 1500 a year with agreed value of 42k.
Old 21-02-2013, 03:34 PM   #36
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadMax View Post
I was actualy seeing if 'xisled' was going to reply to my questions/opinions considering he has stated he is a policy writer for Suncorp.
I never wrote policy's for Suncorp, Never stated I did. I said AAMI. You know AAMI in pre 2007 when they were owned by Prominia. I was in claims area when Suncorp took over and left because of Suncorp.

Reason I did not reply, did not even see this post.
xisled is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2013, 03:47 PM   #37
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

But why do AAMI say you have choice of repairer and then make it extremely difficult to do so? -- AAMI never say you have choice of repairer, The script for the policy states that they will arrange all quotes, PDS also states they have the final say. The Valet option is what is sold at policy time. People need to read the PDS before paying for the policy.

Valet bookings with no quotes within a couple days, non AAMI valet's can be weeks or even months of waiting? --- Valet is where the customer just drops the car off, The cars are out of the centre by the afternoon. More opening because only a 15 minute appointment needed and an assessor does not need to look at the car at the time. The Driveway assessment, the assessor spends 30 minutes authorising the repair's. Looking at the car calling the repairers. More time needed less appointments.

Your own appointed repairers tendering against each other and the cheapest getting the job? We’ll all I can say is they want to spend the less on claims as possible.

Third line enforcing the use of your company owned repair shops which is illegal in Australia. ---They have the driveway assessment and you can get a quote from a non AAMI repairer and a quote from an AAMI repairer.

Why is Just cars adopting the AAMI stance and Shannon’s going down the same line? --- No idea. I have not worked for AAMI/Suncorp for a couple of years now.

I just seen this thread again. That is why I did not answer.
xisled is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2013, 08:20 PM   #38
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by xisled View Post
People need to read the PDS before paying for the policy.
As if this will ever happen!
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2013, 09:49 PM   #39
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

PDS is like terms and conditions, everyone goes to the bottom and clicks "I agree".
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2013, 09:27 PM   #40
BadMax
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I take some of your points xisled.

The fact remains AAMI will tell you, you can use your own repairer providing the quote is 'competitive'. All those in the industry well and truly know AAMI screw thier repairers to the wall on price, hence a competitive quote rarely happens.
Does this matter? Sure it does, why would you want the cheapest person to work on your car?
Why do they 'play' thier own repairers off each other to get repairs done cheaper? Is that looking after your car? I wouldn't want several repairers tendering on my repairs, would you?

Sorry, shouldn't have used the term 'valet', should have just said 'driveway quote assessments'. As soon as thier customer mentions a second quote from a non repairer they get duck shoved. They have been known to be very forcefull in getting people to thier company owned repairers.

I've experienced first hand where a Just Cars client was told if he didn't go to a Just Cars repairer that his claim may be in jeopardy. You also hear some insurers tell thier clients that they have no warranty if they go outside the network. Utter lies, the repairer only needs to provide a 3 year warranty, the insurer provides the rest.

http://unluckyurwithaami.com/