Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 01-02-2013, 11:08 PM   #31
Pursya

Default Re: WS Fiesta- leaking!

While I'm sure your dealer has been great and Ford have fulfilled their reputation for after sales service, I would be looking at your warranty expiration date.
On that day even the dealer will wipe his hands of your problems.
Document everything that has happened and present it to consumer affairs or a solicitor for an opinion. You don't have to proceed with anything, but at least you will have your position on record.
I fear that once warranty has expired the Fiesta may become a very expensive vehicle.
Pursya is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 02-02-2013, 02:09 PM   #32
GoesLikeAZetec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Its this new adage that todays world goes by... Just point and blame someone else, who does the same thing and so on, and then you just end up going in circles. They hope you'll give up eventually.

I agree on the solicitor stuff. I'd go see one now while you have warranty. Find out what you'll be able to ask for once the warranty is gone. You might have workmanship warranty on the faults they've fixed still. But find out now.
GoesLikeAZetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2013, 06:34 PM   #33
brydie76
Moff-fan

I'm not keeping this car past warranty. Even if I could get coverage over the repairs already done, new things keep coming up eg the back right door wouldn't open today because the door car partially popped off and was jamming against the seal (seriously?). Aiming to trade it in to the dealer group I'm working with now, as I am happy to continue buying and getting servicing down with them. Emailing and calling them on Monday about existing issues (including fixing previous repairs to make them less obvious) and ensuring that I can get a good trade in price given how patient I've been with this car. ETA for the new car is early next year, so getting in to discuss it with them early.

Now rocking a 2012 Suzuki Swift Sport!
brydie76 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2013, 09:24 PM   #34
Pursya

Doubt if the dealer group is going to give you decent trade in dollars.
And all of your woes have been documented in the Ford network computer, so other dealers will look it up if you turn up on their doorstep.
The problem for your dealer is that they will have to put a statuary warranty on your car if they trade it and resell it. They will become wholly responsible for the defects when this occurs. Would you buy such a vehicle when you know of these defects.
As you have stated, more problems are appearing and you intend informing them of these issues.
They would be mad to take it on.
Old 02-02-2013, 09:33 PM   #35
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I don't think it's fair that some of us had got excellent Fiesta's (although the local dealers are trying their best to break ours!: (I can't blade the Germans because it's been built perfectly). I just don't think it's fair that you paid the same price for the same car and didn't get the same car, that's not right.

From what I've seen of Ford recently they don't wan't to know about any problems, all the dealers are by now aware the wheels on the Zetec are a joke, everyone with one knows. "Ford HQ don't know" .

I overheard something interesting from a salesman the other day. Actually I've heard the same thing three times now from different salesmen. Stating that they can't sell ecoboost Falcons, no one wants one and everyone want's a diesel Falcon... They were saying Ford made a grave error there and one salesman told two prospective buyers while I was there that he doesn't think you will be able to buy a Falcon post 2014, he said that's unfortunate because the Territory is currently a good machine and we will loose that with it. All the customers I saw that day were all asking about parts availability for Fords in the future, the customers are not confident and certainly not confident enough to buy a Falcon at this stage. They were very interested and all current Ford owners! they just didn't want to put down the cash for a car that's as good as gone. Self for filling destruction it is.

Last edited by greenfoam; 02-02-2013 at 09:40 PM.
greenfoam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2013, 01:14 PM   #36
Spinner77

I know it's no consolation, but to keep things in perspective, problems like yours occur at every level in the car market. That includes European models well into six figures.

The difference is that the first thing thick-walleted customers do in this situation is to have their solicitors issue a writ. No mucking around. In most cases this leads to speedy settlement.

The reason I mention this is that you can expect a loss on your vehicle which can be quantified. For argument's sake, suppose you paid $22,000 for it and a similar model without faults is now worth $15,000 on the second-hand market. Yours with its problems is worth now, let's just say, only $7,000. You are down $8,000.

Have you considered the NSW Consumer, Trader and Tenancy Tribunal?

http://www.cttt.nsw.gov.au/Divisions..._vehicles.html

Now you need some advice. Tribunals like this in Australia are usually pretty good in giving informal, though guarded, guidance to enquirers.

I also see there is a law school at Newcastle, if that is where you are going to uni. Legal academics often are happy to offer free advice. You usually don't need legal representation to appear before one of these tribunals. But you do need documented facts. Notice the time limits on the web page.

At any rate, it's just a thought, in case you had not considered it.
Spinner77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2013, 11:31 PM   #37
brydie76
Moff-fan

Hey all,

Thanks for the advice, fortunately didn't come down to arguments/legal battles. Subject to finance, the car will be traded in hopefully by the end of the month. The trade in value, whilst not great at all, was in line with what other dealers offered me, and the deal on the new car was very good (and sweetened a bit for me by the dealership fortunately). New car is also MY12 so get some other cool stuff with it too (like an extra long warranty thank god!!!)

So whilst I didn't get my money back/an amazing deal to compensate myself, I will hopefully be a lot less stressed with the new car, and that is really all that matters to me at the moment. I think I knew this would be the outcome since I spoke to the NRMA help line a while ago, and they told me I only really had this/selling privately as an avenue. Also made me realise that Australia's 'lemon laws' are not as great as you would think (especially when your issues are in relation to build quality, not reliability).

Above all, I don't have any issues or qualms with the dealer. I didn't get the changeover figure I wanted, however that was not going to happen with any dealership with the cars I was looking at (expensive taste haha!). The salespeople have been very kind and understanding of my situation, and the service people at Ford too- to the point where the manager was individually following my case up and helping me with trading the Fiesta in! I think they are all very glad it will be over soon too- and I wouldn't be surprised if the car goes interstate to auction so we all never see it again haha!!!!

Will post the car up when I get it. But have fun guessing in the meantime! Hint 1- it's not a Ford : P

Old 19-02-2013, 04:35 PM   #38
GoesLikeAZetec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Its great to see your dealer helped you through the whole process to a point you were reasonably satisfied, which is more than most people here can say....

I must say tho

I do feel sorry for whatever nice person buys the car and gets what seems to be a lemon
Old 19-02-2013, 05:10 PM   #39
brydie76
Moff-fan

So do I, but they will have over 18 months of factory warranty left if they buy it soon-ish. And if you open the bonnet, the repairs from one of the leaks are pretty damn obvious, so no real excuse for not knowing something went wrong with it beforehand.

And who knows, the car may never have an issue again. All I know is I don't think it's fair that I should have to keep the car for the rest of its life and suffer because I was the first owner. I need a car that will be there day in day out to get me to work, and not be in the repair shop every other week. Not jeopardizing my career for a car.

Old 19-02-2013, 06:48 PM   #40
Pursya

Well done mate. It will be such a relief for you to get your life back and enjoy motoring.
I still would like our governments to legislate "lemon laws" to protect us.
Old 19-02-2013, 10:24 PM   #41
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Is the new car going to be another Ford?
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2013, 12:28 AM   #42
trumpy73

drumroll........

Quote:
Originally Posted by brydie76 View Post
Hint 1- it's not a Ford : P
trumpy73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2013, 01:05 AM   #43
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Corolla?

Hers: 2020 Ford Puma JK: 1.0 Ecoboost 3-cylinder, 7-speed DCT in Frozen White.
In Focus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2013, 03:51 AM   #44
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Bought a veloster I reckon: )
greenfoam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2013, 08:41 PM   #45
GoesLikeAZetec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

interior on the veloster looked really cool. is it the turbo model?
Old 20-02-2013, 09:11 PM   #46
brydie76
Moff-fan

Not a Veloster!!!!

although she does have a NA 1.6.... : D