Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 29-01-2013, 07:27 PM   #1
lucasgentle1994
Starter Motor

Default 1999 AU I Transmission Problem.

Hi guys currently new to the forum thought i would give a dig.

I have been grown up with fords all my life, Dad owns a XY phase 3 , Uncle owns a F-100 and my pop owns a XR8 BA falcon.

But im currently having troubles with my car.

I own a AU 1999 Falcon (Auto) i start my car and go to drive it every morning and it goes through to 3rd gear then i slow down to turn a corner it goes back to first Revs for awhile then just smashes into gear.

Can anyone justify why it does that ?

As i was told to go get my transmission flushed as that could fix the problem , but i dont want to be throwing money around for things i dont need to do.

All suggestions and directions would get greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Lucas.

lucasgentle1994 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2013, 12:30 AM   #2
BHDOGS
Banned

Default Re: 1999 AU I Transmission Problem.

get your fluid and filter changed for your trans if it solves your issues its a cheap fix
BHDOGS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2013, 07:07 AM   #3
Kryton

A flush may fix it or it may not.
Mine started to slip when changing into second so i thought id get on top of it and get it serviced.
As it turned out, it had never had an oil change in 13 years so after flushing $400 of oil through it, it was completely stuffed.
Slipped in every gear to the point that it wasnt even drivable.
Seems the crappy old thick oil was making it work.
Anyway, another $400 for another box from the wreckers + another oil change on the replacement box and it was sorted.
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 01-02-2013, 09:34 PM   #4
fordman302

It snot overly expensive to get a service from a decent transmission centre then at worst it might get you some more k's before it goes pop or it might be something really simple and you come out all smiles, its amazing what a service can do to a transmission that hasnt had any love for a while
fordman302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2013, 08:57 PM   #5
Electric XY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My fairlane has been stuttering between 2 nd and third,i have booked it in for a transmission service. You should do the same.

Dad has a phase 3 that's awesome,what colour and options?
Electric XY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2013, 05:24 PM   #6
rowan194
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHDOGS View Post
get your fluid and filter changed for your trans if it solves your issues its a cheap fix
+1. Could just be low fluid, although obviously OP would eventually need to address why it's getting low.

Years ago I had a crappy old Camira that did the same thing: as you slowed in higher gear then put some boot it would rev hard as if the trans was in neutral, then it would suddenly whack into first. Topping up the fluid solved the problem. That was easy though, the transmission dipstick was in the engine bay, a lot more involved to check/top up fluid in an AU... stupid Ford!!!!!
rowan194 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post