Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 27-12-2012, 07:39 PM   #1
Buntz
Straight Eight

Default Today Tonight Trash

Now normally I don't watch the show as I believe that it's mentally degrading, and can do some serious cognitive damage. But it was on, and I could hear it from the kitchen when "hoon" article came on. I couldn't help but investigate.

http://www.news.com.au/national/kmh-...-1226531808640

They did a segment on this idiot who owns an R-Spec, and took it up to 255km/h on a country SA road, and then put it up on facebook (what a bloody idiot.)

Anyway, Today Tonight didn't just stop at saying it was a Ford Falcon GT high performance car, but that it's the most powerful Australian car made to date, and even played the FPV ad spot featuring Alan Moffat. Nice way to get people hating on the brand.

And some anonymous pommy "Road Safety Expert" gave his opinion on the car, that at those speeds; "the drivetrain, and suspension/chassis would - get this - just be disintegrating underneath... AS THIS IS A ROAD CAR NOT DESIGNED TO HANDLE THAT SPEED." - Oh Really? So you're an engineer too?

I can't get a video at this time... but the way it's presented will make your blood boil. I will get it if I can.

I don't condone what this moron did. But just the way it portrayed that this car, and the company who makes it are like drug dealers.

When Lambo's and Porshces are taken to the extreme, I don't see their ads.

Old 27-12-2012, 07:53 PM   #2
TC200six
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Today Tonight Trash

This is nothing unusual for a ****** show like TT/ACA to be doing this. I don't watch it, but you say it even had false information about the most powerful Australian car. Shouldn't it be illegal to report blatant lies on a so-called factual TV program?
Old 27-12-2012, 07:54 PM   #3
buddy92
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If I remember correctly. ACA done some **** like this aswell. So it's not the first.
Old 27-12-2012, 08:00 PM   #4
Buntz
Straight Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy92 View Post
If I remember correctly. ACA done some **** like this aswell. So it's not the first.
Just that it even happens is bad enough, but to my beloved Ford/FPV, makes me wild with anger.
Old 27-12-2012, 08:29 PM   #5
Motorbreath310

I really didn't think the video was that bad. At least the guy wasn't doing it on a busy highway or something.

As for road safety experts. Yeah, they're experts alright...
Old 27-12-2012, 09:16 PM   #6
Chrisosicko
ADELAIDE

Isn't any publicity good publicity? Hasn't made me want one any less. What about when James Courtney was doing 240kmh down conrod straight in a non r spec gt? Didn't see the drive train dissenter grading, yeah Some sort of expert alright
Old 27-12-2012, 09:32 PM   #7
mike_nofx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Isn't the W427 more powerful?
Old 27-12-2012, 10:12 PM   #8
Buntz
Straight Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_nofx View Post
Isn't the W427 more powerful?
Yes it is.

Quote:
Power outputs are 510 PS (375 kW; 503 bhp) at 7000 rpm and 640 N·m (470 lb·ft) at 5000 rpm,[1] and 0–100 km/h (0-62 mph) is achieved in 4.7 seconds,[2] making the W427 the most powerful and fastest production car ever built in Australia.
from wikipedia.
Old 27-12-2012, 10:21 PM   #9
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

You get caught breaking the speed limit doing 255 klm, it was covered in a thread last week.
Cant see any good in highlighting such a stupid act over again.

Closed.

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
4 users like this post:
Closed Thread