Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 10-12-2012, 01:31 PM   #1
Electric XY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default I can not put fuel in the car car/vent blockage.

gday guys , i have a 99 au fairlane and i can not put fuel in the car .The pump sensor keeps on tripping and stuff all fuel comes out.

I have done a search and could not find anything on the forum.i also googled it and it mentioned a vent blockage.

Have any of you guys had any issues with this type of issue.

Thanks in advance.

Electric XY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2012, 01:33 PM   #2
Electric XY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: I can not put fuel in the car car/vent blockage.

The only way i can fill up is when the nozzle is 4 to 5 inches away fom the mouth of the tank and it squirts in.

It takes ages just to put a little fuel in.
Old 10-12-2012, 01:45 PM   #3
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have the same problem in my ef fairmont, i just push it hard in and squezze the gun untill i get a good enough flow, other wise it just keeps clicking off

Posted by Xcabbi, Does it slap or rattle? Rattle is more to do with timing chains and tensioners. Slap is more to do with lifters, rings, bearings or GENIII boat anchors
frd906 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2012, 02:03 PM   #4
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

But in saying that i only have that issue as the vent flap has been takin out

Posted by Xcabbi, Does it slap or rattle? Rattle is more to do with timing chains and tensioners. Slap is more to do with lifters, rings, bearings or GENIII boat anchors
frd906 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2012, 03:01 PM   #5
Dauphin
Irregular member

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Endless work keeping the AU.com.au web site happening 

Happens from time to time, usually on certain pumps at certain servos. I just use less trigger pressure when it happens, then it flows through without a problem.

My hovercraft is full of eels!

Movie Car Chase of the Week: Gene Hackman driving a 1971 Pontiac LeMans to chase an elevated train in The French Connection (1971).
Dauphin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 11-12-2012, 08:27 AM   #6
Lajon

I have that problem in my lane.... the metal flap is loose inside the fuel filler hole... i used some broken metal coat hanger to try to get it out but couldn't... i move it around when the fuel won't go in and once its in a certain position i don't have any issues for quite a few fillings
Lajon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2012, 08:37 PM   #7
Electric XY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks for the replys guys,no matter what servo I go to or any pump it does not work.

I noticed the flap in the tank is broken and not there.

A google search reveals that the tank has a venting tube and when this is blocked it can cause it to stop.when I get a chance I will check it out.
Cheers.