Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 05-11-2008, 11:00 PM   #1
ECOJET

Default new AU remote, questions..

hey guys

i recently acquired a new AU but the remote isnt working at all.. the lights are working fine so im assuming the battery is all good but either the signal isnt being sent or the receiver is having problems.
Ive read its common and believe its the remote not quite sending the signal???
Anyway im going to buy a new remote and my question is, if i reprogram it with the doors does it also program the boot release and alarm(think its alarm?)
if not, how do you program the other 2 options into the remote?

Old 05-11-2008, 11:32 PM   #2
JMO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Try opening the remote up and putting some paper inside the back cover so that when you close it up it pushes on the battery. My remote did the same thing and this fixed it for me.
JMO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2008, 12:27 AM   #3
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

wait, if the light (led) is working fine, there's obviously a signal, it aint a battery issue
Old 06-11-2008, 01:05 AM   #4
bodes-sh
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

try reprogramming it first. if you don't know the procedure, it is

hop in and close the door. turn the ignition on, without starting the motor, press the rear demister button 3 times in exactly 5 seconds and the locks should cycle, then press the doors button on the remote and the locks should cycle again, once all the remotes have been programmed, turn the key off, the locks should cycle once more. that's it, all done.

and yes, once programmed the remote will open doors and boot, no extra programming required
bodes-sh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2008, 01:13 AM   #5
ECOJET

yeah tried the repgoramming and with that not working it tells me its the remote or the receiver...
its flashing with the red LED but thats probably just confirming its receiving power, doesnt mean a signal is actually being sent or at proper strength???
Old 06-11-2008, 01:30 AM   #6
bodes-sh
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

fair enough...open it up and have a look. it may have had a bath at some stage. a remote for an alarm on our other car got a bit wet, wouldn't work afterwards, took it apart, dried it out and put back together and it's been fine since. either that or the battery may have enough power to turn the light on, but not send a signal
bodes-sh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2008, 01:54 AM   #7
SIKSIX
Its gone V

Also make sure you program the two remotes not just one at a time as it doesnt work with the one remote.
SIKSIX is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2008, 12:01 AM   #8
ECOJET

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIKSIX
Also make sure you program the two remotes not just one at a time as it doesnt work with the one remote.
really??? whys that?>?
Old 24-11-2012, 04:48 PM   #9
pooley79
Starter Motor

Default Re: new AU remote, questions..

Hey all. also have a remote question. i have a s3 au ute and wat id like to know is can a remote from another au be programmed the same way as a new one for mine? Also does it have to be from.a ute or will a sedan remote do the job? thanks
pooley79 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-11-2012, 06:19 PM   #10
Uncle_Ken
Next upgraded Mk1 Leopard

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always putting some imput into the forums to help or make it a bit easier for others Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

I had intermittent contact, sometimes it worked and others it didn't. I pulled it apart and the solder had broken around the battery connections. I re soldered it and now its OK
How 2's: Change rear view mirror, Install backfire valve, Change foam front seats, Install auto transmission cooler, Replace Trans Shift Globe, Remove front door Trim, Paint AU headlights, install door spears, Premium Rear Parcel Shelf, go here...
Uncle_Ken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-11-2012, 10:22 PM   #11
Whoosha
AU DIE HARD
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the things you do behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooley79 View Post
Hey all. also have a remote question. i have a s3 au ute and wat id like to know is can a remote from another au be programmed the same way as a new one for mine? Also does it have to be from.a ute or will a sedan remote do the job? thanks
Yes another AU remote can be used and a sed will work on a ute just remember if your programming more than 1 remote they must all be done at the same time

........Age and treachery will ALWAYS overcome youth and skill.......

CORTINA 250 2V POWER soon to be AUXR8 Windsor pwrd

.............WINDSOR WARLORD WHO CARRIES THE CLEVO MAFIA AND BROKEN BOSSES...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
Quote of the weekend: "The quarter mile wasn't as long as I expected it to be".
Whoosha is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post