Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 29-10-2012, 02:15 PM   #31
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: High beams after overtake

Get a BA GT spoiler. When someone high beams me in the GT, the spoiler blocks the high beams.

But if it is happening more and more often, then there must be a problem with your car, to make the driver do this. If it happened once or twice ok this could be a random thing, but you said it has happened 5 times.
Old 29-10-2012, 02:17 PM   #32
superfly
Go the Hogster!

Just drive around with your high beams on all the time, at least then they'll have a reason to high beam you
Old 29-10-2012, 02:18 PM   #33
grandpa_spec_F6
AFF Whore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

I beam-flick people to move out of the overtaking lane when they insist they sit at 80 in a 110 zone.

A few times I've had people then stick their beams on once I pass as if to say "I was in the wrong, but I'm never wrong so I'm going to pay you back for calling me out"... chlorine, gene pool, if only.

What you are describing is a whole new breed of stupid by the sounds of it. If you react you are giving them what they want, you took the right course of action mate... just keep the 5D maglite in the car as a precaution, only waved mine once in 5 years but they got the message quick smart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfly
Just drive around with your high beams on all the time, at least then they'll have a reason to high beam you
Pensioners in our area do this, and it makes me want to punch things. Day or night, "If I have ALL my lights on I'll be more visible thus safer"
My GMC Sierra is banned under Victoria's high powered vehicle laws, and its a 4082kg apartment complex on wheels.
Current Ride: Not a falcon, the struggle is real
Old 29-10-2012, 03:01 PM   #34
wrongwaynorris
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

" I live in the barossa valley SA and there is a new craze in town, do 20 k's under the speed limit and when people over take u drive flat out up behind them with your high beams on. "

Just the attitude to driving 90% of Australians have and NOT unique to the Barossa Valley .

Last edited by Professor Farnsworth; 29-10-2012 at 03:05 PM. Reason: language
Old 29-10-2012, 03:04 PM   #35
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrongwaynorris
" I live in the barossa valley SA and there is a new craze in town, do 20 k's under the speed limit and when people over take u drive flat out up behind them with your high beams on. "

Just the attitude to driving 90% of Australians have and NOT unique to the Barossa Valley .
Got that right.....

People are way to easy going when it comes to driving, road rules and safety. Cars are dangerous they need to be respected.
2024.50 Mustang GT 10A Grabber Blue Nite Pony Package. Due Aug 24.

Last edited by Professor Farnsworth; 29-10-2012 at 03:05 PM. Reason: quoted edited post
Old 29-10-2012, 03:21 PM   #36
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Slightly O/T, but Adelaide now has an article on the predicted revenue raised by fines from SA drivers.
Apparently the actual revenue raised is $35 million below what they expected to get in the financial year.

Is there something wrong with pushing the 'road safety' message, predicting a 10 million dollar increase year on year and then making public comment when it falls $35 million short of the expected revenue...

I'd say a $35mil drop in fines is a good thing from a safety perspective, but im sure they'll make it up somewhere else.

This fall in revenue , funnily enough, coincides with the uprising of the speedo gazing brigade i referred to earlier.
Old 29-10-2012, 03:46 PM   #37
Sprint
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hood-G6
Where abouts in the barossa mate? I had a letter in the mail the other week because someone complained about me overtaking them. I don't overtake unless there is an overtaking lane or they are going ~10-20km under the speed limit. I was in sandy creek according to the letter.
haha i doubt it was you, i seen you in coles gawler one day trying to find a carpark, you was too fast doing laps for me to get a pic of your car.

If it was me let them go infront and give them a taste of their own medacine.
Old 29-10-2012, 04:03 PM   #38
Falcman0o7
Banned

I love it when they do 60 in a 100 zone and 100 in a 60 zone! The same car mind you.
I understand where you are coming from, I have come so close to belting someone over this sort of sh** i've had to pull over.
Old 29-10-2012, 04:07 PM   #39
Andy777

had this happen 4am on the m4 sunday morning after a night out (designated driver), tarago doing 80 in the 110 zone.. at least he/she was in the left lane i pass them at the limit the second i pass them on goes the high beams...

who knows why? who cares, people are highly strung these days
Old 29-10-2012, 04:18 PM   #40
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

actually speaking of head lights and aim , even a lot of standard cars out of the factory, in particular smaller cars seem to be pretty annoying for for either having poor head light aim or poor reflectors , not sure which, either that or a lot of people are driving with weight in the boot shooting the low beams skyward into the eyes,
do we have the weakest head light laws on the planet? i reckon we might, the high scrubbers(4wd) with head lights at titty height are pretty annoying for glare,self leveling lights would be nice,
even the little ford KA had adjustable height head lights from in the cabin , a pretty cool feature i must say.
Old 29-10-2012, 05:22 PM   #41
STINKY NINJA
Banned

Hate to say it big fellah but its the car you drive,i used to get people giving me hassle and road rage,tailgating when i drove the wifes cj lancer and the shock on their faces when they saw me was priceless(6'1 125kg,bald head,goatee) they soon came back into line after realising who was driving.
I never get road raged in my te50 or eb ghia v8.
People feel tough picking on small cars for some reason,nobody ever messed with my old xb ute with a roobar
Old 29-10-2012, 05:26 PM   #42
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

people try to rage me when i'm in the AU V8, try it more when i'm in the Rio. Psychopathic truck drivers try it on more when i'm in the Rio too.

try is the important word here

then again Melbourne is the capital of road rage these days, the stuff that goes on these days is astounding. The last ten years has seen this place turn to crap as far as cluelessness and selfish arrogance on the road is concerned.

have i mentioned i hate pretty much everyone?
Old 29-10-2012, 06:32 PM   #43
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Geelong is not far behind......had a couple of "episodes" there.....GOR is a beauty for looneys

G'day....I'm Dave, ...everyone calls me Poppa,..05.. B.A. Fairmont mark II...

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
Old 29-10-2012, 06:47 PM   #44
marcyeo

This has happened a couple of times to me now - people flicking their high beams on when I overtake.. I never tail gate and wasn't driving aggressively, have never been flashed from the front for my beams being too high, or pinged by the cops including at booze buses.

I feel for the op, it's a frustrating and pointless act.
I'll trade not flicking your high beams on and letting me overtake safely for not bashing your face into the tarmac..

OLD
2010 FPV F6 FG - Herrod CAI, Pedders extreme XA's, Whiteline fr & rear swaybars, PWR stepped IC, injectors, turbo dump pipe with Venom cat, Herrod piping kit = 350rwkw
Old 29-10-2012, 09:47 PM   #45
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppa smurf
Geelong is not far behind......had a couple of "episodes" there.....GOR is a beauty for looneys
You have to laugh at the clowns who drive so slow on the GOR that they have big lines of cars stuck behind them, but will never ever pull over into the turn out lanes, because if god forbid anyone overtook them it would be a sign of weakness

Especially if its a Mercedes or BMW. I'm too good to be overtaken.
Old 29-10-2012, 11:09 PM   #46
trentski
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

just drop it down a gear or use the handbrake. If someone dies in the ensuing accident then it's their fault for high beaming you
Old 29-10-2012, 11:10 PM   #47
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

this thread is on shaky ground
Old 29-10-2012, 11:53 PM   #48
trentski
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Where's a moderator when you need one?

Maybe I should have used the sarcasm font
Old 30-10-2012, 12:14 AM   #49
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Now, I would just like to point out that this thread is displaying a distinct tendency to become SILLY.
Now, nobody likes a good laugh more than I do... except, perhaps my wife... and some of her friends.
Oh, yes, and Captain Johnson.
Come to think of it, most people like a good laugh more than I do, but that's beside the point!

I'm warning this thread NOT to get SILLY again! Right!

And now for something completely different.......
Old 30-10-2012, 12:20 AM   #50
wulos
Forum Director

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind-the-scenes effort. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For his advice, tips/tricks in the Art and Photography section of the Forum. 

Are you guys SERIOUS???
Reading through some of the responses on here I am quite disappointed to think that I share the roads with some of you.
One wonders if you would behave the same, if the lights being flashed behind you belonged to friend, or a loved one..
Once the keyboards & road rage glasses come down anything is warranted right???
Closed Thread