Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 29-10-2012, 06:38 PM   #91
flooded one
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Should Ford bring back the single-piece body ute?

no matter which way you look at it. it still a ford. If you think the lack of sales is because of a lack of V8 option you are serverly mistaken. the most popluar ute in australia is a guess what??? a bloody hilux and it has no V8 option!!! secondly. 95% of people dont want a commodore or falcon ute anymore. they have fallen in love with cars now.
Old 29-10-2012, 06:46 PM   #92
flooded one
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

futher more you cant get a base holden ute with a V8 either. the omega dont have the V8 option
Old 29-10-2012, 06:48 PM   #93
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe5619
Can you walk into any FORD dealer & buy an FPV??? This is a problem for those that don't have access to FPV dealers!! Also, FPV's have a "premiun" price tag, FORD's do not.
Yes you can......

The Ford dealer I bought my XRT from has never been a FPV dealer but had a GS sedan sitting in the shed being detailed for delivery.
Old 29-10-2012, 06:58 PM   #94
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM83
Can you tell me the badge on the front of this please, i cant quite see it?
Doesn't look like the one on the front of the Mustang. You know the Holden Mustang, I mean Toyota Mustang oh thats right, who makes the car with the pony badge?

Or are Mustangs not Fords either......

Like a lot of things badging has got trendy. My FG2 Falcon XR6 Turbo ute does not have a Falcon badge. Does that mean it is not a Falcon?
Old 29-10-2012, 07:04 PM   #95
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Good to see intelligent reasoned argument, by the way I am dyslexic and sometimes I miss spelling errors if I am in a hurry or on a tablet(but thank you for making fun of my disability it boosts my confidence no end)
I have always viewed FPV as Ford because the basic car is built inthe Ford factory with all other falcons it is just enhanced at FPV (owned by who???? Ford) Ford make 2 V8utes which are enhanced by a Ford division FVP (FORD performance vehicles endof story
Quote:
Originally Posted by b2tf
THANKS for the history lesson. I APPRECIATE IT. As for your spelling though..........

FPV and Ford are 2 different things. As is HSV and Holden. Amazing how when it suits you guys will claim FPV's as Fords and when it doesnt you all point out the numerous differences between them.

What badge is on the actual vehicle? Hmmm? Have FPV not started badging their cars AS FPV's? To MOST people this makes them different.

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO

Last edited by FGII-XR6; 29-10-2012 at 07:21 PM.
Old 29-10-2012, 07:19 PM   #96
flooded one
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by au3xr6
Good to see intelligent reasoned argument, by the way I amdyslexic and sometimes I miss spelling errors if I am in a hurry or on a tablet(but thank you for making fun of my disability it boosts my confidence no end)
I have always viewed FPV as Ford because the basic car is built inthe Ford factory with all other falcons it is just enhanced at FPV (owned by who???? Ford) Ford make 2 V8utes which are enhanced by a Ford division FVP (FORD performance vehicles endof story
exactly!!
Old 29-10-2012, 07:33 PM   #97
chookaradley
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Its time IMHO to drag the Falcon ute into the 21st century. As some others have pointed out its time to ditch the live axle. Leave the load lugging to the Ranger. Offer the ute with an IRS make a comfortable sporty drive that can carry your tools e.t.c if you need it. If im not mistaken the max payload on the sporty Commodore models is actually greater than in the XR's.
Old 29-10-2012, 07:44 PM   #98
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid_Axe
*cough*

Supercharger?
2 more cylinders?
FPV bits and pieces?

And as per usual a thread is derailed because of the same numptys crying that there is no XR8 ute, get over it, Ford made a business decision to drop the XR8 because it was not selling enough. No amount of crying from a small and select group of whingers is not going to change it.
Yes that's all tho... a big motor... and you pay $20 kay more for it.

People want more then that. Hell you could buy a Super Pursuit 3 years ago for similar money, and it had alot more kit then the GS.

Us numptys you speak of are the poor buggers who keep buying them, not Mitsubishi Pajero's just remember that!
2024.50 Mustang GT 10A Grabber Blue Nite Pony Package. Due Aug 24.
Old 29-10-2012, 08:02 PM   #99
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

More...?

And XR8 would have less then a GS...

Confused...but anyway.

Falcon ute just topped the 'motoring.com.au recommends' cars for 2012, so i guess the shows that the Falcon ute is doing a bloody good job at what it does...

IRS and cappuccino utes be dammed.

Falcon ute, falcon beaut.

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Old 29-10-2012, 08:22 PM   #100
flooded one
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm glad too see too the falcon ute there. it is abit underated if you ask me. yea sure it might not have the clearence of some of the other utes but they bloody drive well and for what they are, they are a bloody good workhorse!! I still own a falcon ute and I'd own another falcon ute. thats for sure so long as its a cab chassis!!!
Old 29-10-2012, 08:24 PM   #101
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikked
More...?

And XR8 would have less then a GS...

Confused...but anyway.

Falcon ute just topped the 'motoring.com.au recommends' cars for 2012, so i guess the shows that the Falcon ute is doing a bloody good job at what it does...

IRS and cappuccino utes be dammed.

Falcon ute, falcon beaut.
$20,000 more then an XR6... $20,000 is alot of extra money for 2 more cylinders and extra 120 kw!!! Pursuit was the similar money and had more fruit!
2024.50 Mustang GT 10A Grabber Blue Nite Pony Package. Due Aug 24.
Old 29-10-2012, 08:59 PM   #102
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Not the topic ..... V8 utes, XR8's, V10's ...... all been done ad nauseum.

FPV is Ford, AMG is Merc, M3 is BMW, Lexus is Toyota, HSV is Holden ..... there is just no argument on this so dont know why people are taking things to heart so much. The only thing might be the fact that some are fiddled with in another division but in essence ..... that is not the topic and so far from it, its scaring the children something chronic!

Start another thread if required on this subject.

If someone wants a V8 Ute ...... there is an Aust made SS available. If don't like Holden, buy something else! Move on and everyone please do not take things to heart so much! Its the way it is and who knows if will change later on. Their are options!

Good topic (I think it was if I could remember) but hasn't been discussed for a few pages now!

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Closed Thread