Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2010, 07:34 PM   #31
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84ltd
I'd think if you're not overtaking a car you shouldn't be in the right lane so as soon as the vehicles to the left are travelling the same speed or more you really shouldn't be in the right lane. That should be deemed as excessive i would assume. Add to that if there are no vehicles to the left you shouldn't be in the right lane, that should also be deemed as excessive.
What about where the traffic is thin and there is a bit of a distance between cars in the left lane, you're in the right doing 5-10km more than anybody in the left lane, are you expected to be constantly changing lanes every hundred or so meters?
Old 10-08-2010, 07:40 PM   #32
prydey
Rob

regarding the penalty, i think this is how a lot of penalties should be. less of the financial stuff and more of the demerit points.

this way it affects everyone the same, regardless of your financial situation. it also says its not so much about revenue and more about enforcing road rules.

there is also a strong arguement for periodic licence retesting going by the fact that many people are unaware of basic road rules. how some people got their licence i will never know. its not all about controlling a car (stop, go, steer) but being courteous and sharing the roads.
Old 10-08-2010, 07:56 PM   #33
g220ba
FGX XR8

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR-CHIEF
What about where the traffic is thin and there is a bit of a distance between cars in the left lane, you're in the right doing 5-10km more than anybody in the left lane, are you expected to be constantly changing lanes every hundred or so meters?
I think it's a pretty clear law "Keep left unless overtaking".
Old 11-08-2010, 07:49 AM   #34
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84ltd
I think it's a pretty clear law "Keep left unless overtaking".
BINGO! We have a winner.
Old 11-08-2010, 08:04 AM   #35
wrongwaynorris
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO
Heard on Aunty today that Qld police are going to enforce the keepleft rule on our roads in particular the Bruce hwy. The penalty is a $60.00 fine and two points. They are fed up with the complaints of tailgateing and the accidents that are caused by the idiots.

Heard it so many times before , I'll believe it when I see it .
Old 11-08-2010, 08:09 AM   #36
wrongwaynorris
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan b
fantastic idea. put them on the M5 and Eastern distributor in sydney as well, then we might even get something that resembles traffic flow (similar to when i go to work at 4am )

but $60 thats nothing, you can get a carton of bundy cans for that if you use your woolies staff discount. make the fine $600 and 3 points and then watch the donkeys move to the left.
Make it $1,200.00 and 12 points I say .
Old 11-08-2010, 09:33 AM   #37
fordv8!

about time!!!!
Old 17-06-2012, 08:19 PM   #38
muso
Heinrich tuned 300 rwkws

Default Re: About time 'Keepleft'

I think the fine for failing to keep left is $122 and 2 points, just saw it on the news.
Last Monday public holiday we were returning from Handorf and entered the 110 kph Freeway only to find a build up of traffic both lanes travelling at about 60 kph, I said to my son, "there must be an accident further up ahead". This 60 kph bumper to bumper pace remained all the way up until about 1 or 2 km's from the Upper Sturt/Mt Lofty exit. Guess what!!!!it was caused by ONE 4WD in the fast lane at the very front doing 65-70 kph in the 110/100 zone.
I passed in the left lane as the traffic had thinned out by this stage it was in the 100 zone and he was still at about 70 kph. My son took a snapshot of him with his mobile (which turned out ok) I was going to report it but I never did! But he did move over to the left but only at the last minute to take the Upper Sturt exit!!!!! ONE CAR to hold up twenty to thirty cars on an open freeway!

Hats off to the QLD Police! Now lets see the same action in the other states as well!
Old 17-06-2012, 09:33 PM   #39
Kil4Collingwood

Don't hold your breath in Victoria, I do alot of driving between Melbourne and shepparton, and regularly see either the cops ignoring it or doing it themselves.
Though I do find it better once you get far enough away from the city say wallan/Kilmore.
Old 17-06-2012, 10:27 PM   #40
grandpa_spec_F6
AFF Whore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

And nearly 2 years on from when the thread was first started, things are still the same up here in sunny QLD.

Bruce Highway is deadly, anything from P-Platers to Grandma who REFUSE to move over or keep left. It's their god given right to keep right as far as they're concerned and I've never once seen anyone get booked.
My GMC Sierra is banned under Victoria's high powered vehicle laws, and its a 4082kg apartment complex on wheels.
Current Ride: Not a falcon, the struggle is real
Old 17-06-2012, 10:30 PM   #41
muso
Heinrich tuned 300 rwkws

Far out, I just checked the thread date
Old 17-06-2012, 10:34 PM   #42
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Talk about weird ...... just started a thread on this subject! It can continue on from there to keep things up to date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kil4Collingwood
Don't hold your breath in Victoria, I do alot of driving between Melbourne and shepparton, and regularly see either the cops ignoring it or doing it themselves.
Though I do find it better once you get far enough away from the city say wallan/Kilmore.
Funny you say that as well!!!
http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11368756

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 17-06-2012, 10:34 PM   #43
muso
Heinrich tuned 300 rwkws

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0
I know the thread is 2 years old but.....I think the law states that if the left lanes are full and you cannot move over you are not breaking the law as long as you do the speed limit not slower....or faster!
Closed Thread