Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 05-04-2012, 12:40 AM   #1
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Smile Holden fixes service price

Holden fixes service price
By Craig DuffHerald Sun04 April 2012EmailPrint+-
Shayna Welsh said yesterday the company had been looking at the program for some time.
New Commodore, Cruze and Barina owners will pay $185 to service their cars under GM Holden's fixed price servicing scheme.
The carmaker has launched the program for its passenger car fleet as it joins the move to capped scheduled service pricing to keep customers loyal and returning to dealerships rather than try discount third-party servicing.

Holden is a relative latecomer to the party - Ford, Toyota and Nissan are among the carmakers already using capped servicing - and corporate communications spokeswoman Shayna Welsh said yesterday the company had been looking at the program for some time.
Unlike some rival programs, the Holden capped price deal applies only to new vehicles sold after Sunday, April 1. Rival brand Ford offers capped servicing for vehicles up to 6 years old or with 105,000km on the odometer.
Holden's director of customer service and retention, Narelle Stack, says the three year/60,000km program will give buyers certainty on their servicing costs.
"We've been listening to customer feedback and there's a growing demand for upfront service pricing. Customers well us servicing costs are a key factor influencing their purchase decision," she says.
The $185 cost applies to all petrol-powered Holden cars. Diesel and LPG-powered owners are hit with extra costs to match the extra complexity of their engines. LPG variants of the Commodore are $265, while diesel costs range from $335 for the Cruze to $395 for the Colorado.
My comment..Ford will have to reduce the price of their capped price servicing....

Old 05-04-2012, 01:20 AM   #2
BHDOGS
Banned

Default Re: Holden fixes service price

holden late to the party as always i await the HOLDEN CARES FOR CUSTOMER WITH AMAZING SERVICE OFFER GET IN NOW AUSTRALIAN MADE SUPER CAR SERVICE MAGNIFICO FANTASTICUS BEST CAR EVER MADE press reviews.
BHDOGS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2012, 03:38 AM   #3
1TUFFUTE
Banned

why? how much is ford capped servicing atm???
1TUFFUTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2012, 08:01 AM   #4
gunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8
My comment..Ford will have to reduce the price of their capped price servicing....
I disagree. Holden has conveniently forgotten to mention that its service intervals have reduced from 12 months to 9 months. So over a 3 year period you will get your Holden serviced four times and your Ford 3 times. Plus Ford includes 12 months of roadside assistance.
gunner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2012, 09:29 AM   #5
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ford FG2 Capped price servicing at 15,000kms is $255 with $90 Road Side service. If you don't want Road Side service, its not taken off.!!! Its only the basic Road Side service..If you need Ultra etc, not included. I know, I asked..
So, you cann't get the service for $165....
Old 05-04-2012, 10:43 AM   #6
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
Ford FG2 Capped price servicing at 15,000kms is $255 with $90 Road Side service. If you don't want Road Side service, its not taken off.!!! Its only the basic Road Side service..If you need Ultra etc, not included. I know, I asked..
So, you cann't get the service for $165....
Actually, you can!!!!

My car, an '08 FG G6, qualifies for the 'capped price servicing' but I never take up the option, as I have never paid more than $200 for a servicing of it. Nor my '08 Territory.

Don't forget, it is a 'capped' servicing cost and not a 'fixed' servicing cost. Big difference between the two.

Craig H

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2012, 10:48 AM   #7
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I will ask again at the next service and see if they will take of Road Side Assist, last 2 services, was told "no"....
Old 05-04-2012, 10:57 AM   #8
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
I will ask again at the next service and see if they will take of Road Side Assist, last 2 services, was told "no"....
CSV8, don't misunderstand what I said. I'm not suggesting for a second that you can take up the option of having the capped price service and get it for $165 because you have opted to not accept the roadside assistance.

What I am saying is that you do not have to accept the capped price service, and simply get the car serviced outside of that program. Of course you run the risk of having your service come in at greater than the capped price but, alternatively, you can also get your car serviced for less than the 'capped' amount.

As I said, I have never had a sevrice on either of my cars come in at more than $200. I am lucky though, as my Ford dealer is simply excellent.

Hope that makes sense?

Craig H

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post