Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 12-02-2012, 10:10 PM   #61
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 
Default Re: Falcon XR6 Mk II ad !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyk54
What you've said there is true for the most part, especially if we're talking critically. So the question is, how exactly do the Ford executives explain this with regards to sales figures? This has been the way for years too, not just in the current range from either brand.

On the topic of advertising, there lies your answer. Ford get the fundamentals of car development right and seemingly most of everything else wrong. Sales speak for themselves.
Which is fine until a sales turnaround happens and then it's seen as some kind of unscripted miracle...
We have to understand that Ford is working with tiny budgets and basically on bread and water..
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2012, 10:17 PM   #62
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80
It's all well and good for Ford and Holden to be advertising products and offering discounts but are buyers responding?

That's the key to all of this, just how confident are businesses and retail buyers at the moment with interest rates rising...

This could be one step froward, two steps back until some of the mining boom money filters through to the rest of the community.
with the reserve bank holding firm and at least 3 of the big 4 (haven't heard if CBA followed) upping their rates, its not helping the cause any. everyone is watching pennies more than ever these days, so it could be a slow few months until things stabilise (if they do).
prydey is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2012, 10:28 PM   #63
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey
with the reserve bank holding firm and at least 3 of the big 4 (haven't heard if CBA followed) upping their rates, its not helping the cause any. everyone is watching pennies more than ever these days, so it could be a slow few months until things stabilise (if they do).
Without being rude, this could play much harder for Holden if they still have a stockpile of cars to move.
It's bad enough if sales dry up but to have resources already expended and dollars sitting in the park
is doubly bad, and Ford needn't be c0cky either, they were in the same predicament twelve months ago.

All we can hope is that fleets take the initiative and start buying new LPG vehicles to improve their fleets,
hopefully novated lease buyers will realise that the world isn't going to end with increases in FBT levels and
fingers crossed, traditional Mid Sized buyers start giving Ecoboost a try and like it....
Old 12-02-2012, 10:38 PM   #64
prydey
Rob

yeah, i wasn't referring to either manufacturer. just in general. both have been down in sales lately and they won't rebound overnight in this climate.
Old 13-02-2012, 01:05 AM   #65
DanielXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
Just need to remember that an FG XR6 will outrun an AUII XR8 and VTII SS, to give you a basic idea of how far performance has come in such a short period of time.

A 14.6 quarter from a stock 6 is nothing to be sneezed at.
Exactly the FG's I've been in are very quick cars in standard XR6 trim. Surprisingly good fuel economy too if you drive them a tad more sedately.
DanielXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2012, 08:10 AM   #66
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
yeah, i wasn't referring to either manufacturer. just in general. both have been down in sales lately and they won't rebound overnight in this climate.
The drops in sales has surprised all three local manufacturers and there's no guarantee we're at the bottom yet..
The annoying part is that Holden and Ford are so fleet dependent that dealer traffic is not an accurate gauge
so our contacts in the retail sector can't really give us the full picture of what's happening..
Old 13-02-2012, 11:05 AM   #67
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80
The drops in sales has surprised all three local manufacturers and there's no guarantee we're at the bottom yet..
this is off topic, but i was thinking, if ford are prepared to drop models to assist sales of other models, then they mustn't be that concerned with where the cars are made. i'm sure they are concerned with local production volume, but is it really as critical as it gets made out to be? why drop wagon, and ute and promote mondeo and ranger (and territory) if you know it will have a negative impact on local production? to me it says they are prepared to carry the local arm to a certain extent. with ranger and focus now under $20 starting price, and the well publicised (on AFF) lack of falcon promotion, it seems they are more concerned with promoting the brand as a whole and concentrating on cars that are bought by private buyers. thats my take.
Old 13-02-2012, 06:15 PM   #68
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
this is off topic, but i was thinking, if ford are prepared to drop models to assist sales of other models, then they mustn't be that concerned with where the cars are made. i'm sure they are concerned with local production volume, but is it really as critical as it gets made out to be? why drop wagon, and ute and promote mondeo and ranger (and territory) if you know it will have a negative impact on local production? to me it says they are prepared to carry the local arm to a certain extent. with ranger and focus now under $20 starting price, and the well publicised (on AFF) lack of falcon promotion, it seems they are more concerned with promoting the brand as a whole and concentrating on cars that are bought by private buyers. thats my take.
Another point to add is Ford are promoting cars they can't get adeaqute supplies of, Focus and Ranger. Ranger has had trouble since the Thia floods and Europe can't supply many Focuses. Yet Ford is spending most of their advertising dollar on these cars. Why don't they hold off the advertising of these vehicles until they can get proper supplies of Focus, and when Ranger supplies return to normal. Advertise Falcon and Territory in the mean time.

And I know people will say they are selling so many of them because of the advertising they have been doing, but the reality is they wouldn't have much trouble selling all their stocks of Focus and Ranger anyway cause they can only get small stocks of them ATM.

The sooner they can get Focus from Thailand later this year the better.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2012, 06:32 PM   #69
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The sooner they add Mondeo to Brodmeadows production schedule, the better...
That IMO would be a much more rational plan than trying to build a small car here.
Ford could then price Titanium Mondeo closer to $40,000 and pick up a lot more sales.
Old 13-02-2012, 08:00 PM   #70
phillyc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always factual and beneficial. 

Quote:
Another point to add is Ford are promoting cars they can't get adeaqute supplies of, Focus and Ranger. Ranger has had trouble since the Thia floods and Europe can't supply many Focuses. Yet Ford is spending most of their advertising dollar on these cars. Why don't they hold off the advertising of these vehicles until they can get proper supplies of Focus, and when Ranger supplies return to normal. Advertise Falcon and Territory in the mean time.

And I know people will say they are selling so many of them because of the advertising they have been doing, but the reality is they wouldn't have much trouble selling all their stocks of Focus and Ranger anyway cause they can only get small stocks of them ATM.

The sooner they can get Focus from Thailand later this year the better.
Yep. Wholeheartedly agree. Keep the advertising spend going to keep the Ford brand out there in the public, but focus (no pun intended) on what is available to sell. Right now that means Falcon, Ute and Territory as supply has picked back up (following the Xmas break and hailstorm too.)

Boss349 built. Not yet run. Waiting on a shell.

Retrotech thread
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...1363569&page=6
phillyc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2012, 06:13 PM   #71
Bossxr8
Peter Car

I know why they aren't advertising Falcon, they are slowing killing it off however they can. Thats why the got rid of Burela, and replaced him with Graziano, most likely with the instruction to bring it down, so they can bring in a One Ford product to replace it.

Building an all new Falcon was too much of a risk, but its easy to replace a struggling product than a successful one. They know that the Falcon will never return to where it once was, its just an impossibility, the market has fractured so much and small cars and SUV's have taken a huge slice of any potential Falcon sales that the numbers will never return to where they were no matter how good Falcon is, or can be. I've heard dealers are not even getting stocks of Falcon, its basically built to order now, and some have been told to push Mondeo to potential customers, not Falcon.

Territory on the other hand has full order books, but its ok for Territory to succeed because as soon as Falcon goes it does too, no need to hold it back.

I've critisised people for doom and gloom but the writing is on the wall, i've seen whats happening. Hope i'm wrong though.

You can just tell this is the plan, the place is getting absolutely zero spent on it, hasn't for years. Wether they even continue production here is the question now. They will keep E8 going until its shelf life is over in 2016 and then make the chop.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2012, 06:20 PM   #72
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
I know why they aren't advertising Falcon, they are slowing killing it off however they can. Thats why the got rid of Burela, and replaced him with Graziano, most likely with the instruction to bring it down, so they can bring in a One Ford product to replace it.

Building an all new Falcon was too much of a risk, but its easy to replace a struggling product than a successful one. They know that the Falcon will never return to where it once was, its just an impossibility, the market has fractured so much and small cars and SUV's have taken a huge slice of any potential Falcon sales that the numbers will never return to where they were no matter how good Falcon is, or can be. I've heard dealers are not even getting stocks of Falcon, its basically built to order now, and some have been told to push Mondeo to potential customers, not Falcon.

Territory on the other hand has full order books, but its ok for Territory to succeed because as soon as Falcon goes it does too, no need to hold it back.

I've critisised people for doom and gloom but the writing is on the wall, i've seen whats happening. Hope i'm wrong though.

You can just tell this is the plan, the place is getting absolutely zero spent on it, hasn't for years. Wether they even continue production here is the question now. They will keep E8 going until its shelf life is over in 2016 and then make the chop.
True, true.

The writing is definately on the wall now .....
Fordman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2012, 07:00 PM   #73
BA-XT
2003 BA Falcon XT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch_
going fast in a car isn't everything.. and maybe people will also get a thrill out of owning a NEW car not some old second hand BA T (with 2-3k of mods)!
Hey! I own a 2003 BA XT and love my car. It's my baby. I can't afford to buy a new GE Turbo

IMPCO LPG Vapour Injection.

DETAILING
Meguiar's NXT Car Wash
Collonite #845 Insulator Wax
Bowden's Own Happy Ending & Fully Slick
Chemtech CT-18 Truck Wash (Wheels & Chassis)
Bowden's Own Wheely Clean & Tyre Sheen
Bowden's Own Three Way Paint Decontamination Spray

OILS AND FILTERS
Nulon Full Synthetic 10w-40
Nulon Long Life Coolant
Ryco Oil & Air Filters

My Instagram Account: @ba_falcon2003
BA-XT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post