Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 07-11-2005, 06:38 PM   #1
Mark351
Built Ford Tough

Default No XR for a while...

I've drop off the car to get a bit of work done - mainly getting those damn side skirts repainted, finally giving them a proper paint job, as opposed to the one they had originally (damn UP Tooling and their early priming techniques...)

I'll post photos once I get the car back. It'll look the same, except for a pair of additions that should make it stand out from most AU XRs here (and have been seen on a promo AU XR from the past...)

Mark351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2005, 09:54 AM   #2
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Looking forward to seeing it when it coms back. Did you get rid of the spoiler as well or just getting it sorted out?

Oh, and sign up for Heathcote in January.. we got a rematch to run.. and this time it is going to be far more interesting

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2005, 05:36 PM   #3
XR_Strider_GuY
Boss for Go, L98 for Show
Contributing Member

Hi Mark,
Are you re-painting the side skirts with the greay highlights or are you going the full black again. Either way be good to see the end result and its great to see you holding on to the XR and looking forward to see the new mod.

Casper,
I'll have to do a secret test prior to January to see if i'm in the hunt with you guys time wise. This time no jack hammering from the back suspension i hope.
Old 13-11-2005, 05:48 PM   #4
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Mmmm, secret "Strider" testing.. why can I picture sidewinder missles strapped to the roof? :

Old 13-11-2005, 09:40 PM   #5
Mark351
Built Ford Tough

The old Hawk wing is now for sale instead of for trade, as I've secured an original replacement - no more fibre junk (except the pursuit add on...) for me.

Gaz, the side skirts are staying black. I think the dark cars benefit from the solid look. I've seen black cars with the grey highlight, and I prefer one-colour look. On other colours, the highlight can be pretty effective. Look forward to seeing what you've done with your HP since I last saw it.

Unfortunately, with the mob who do the kits going out of business, the guys doing the work for me are attempting to repray the skirts without removing them, as I can't risk breakage. To be honest, I wish I could get replacements so I could remedy the craphouse job they did fitting the sides to begin with.

Far more interesting run ya reckon Casp? What do we have now, more Mock? Going an edit? N2O?

I've done sweet FA to mine, so I'll be lucky if I'll do an oil change before the day. The truck has been getting the attention at the moment...

...unless, I temporarily drop the 351 in the XR... ;)

Nah, I just need to launch the bloody thing properly...
Old 13-11-2005, 09:43 PM   #6
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathXR
Far more interesting run ya reckon Casp? What do we have now, more Mock? Going an edit? N2O?
Theres an JMM 3000rpm histall sitting in the auto now... and a new toy I just secured tonight being fitted by Xmas. You wont get the jump on me you got last time.. and I'm thinking my top end should be improved a bit by then too..

Will be a MUCH closer race this time.

Old 13-11-2005, 10:07 PM   #7
Mark351
Built Ford Tough

I thought it was pretty close last time!
Old 13-11-2005, 10:13 PM   #8
Dark Horse
_Oo===oO_

Quote:
Unfortunately, with the mob who do the kits going out of business, the guys doing the work for me are attempting to repray the skirts without removing them, as I can't risk breakage. To be honest, I wish I could get replacements so I could remedy the craphouse job they did fitting the sides to begin with.
I've had the skirts (and rear bar I might add) on and off a couple of times, no issues at all.
Old 13-11-2005, 10:36 PM   #9
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
I thought it was pretty close last time!
It was.. but I am still chasing that 14 second pass and the race with you showed me just how sluggish off the line the auto is.. so I fixed it I'm just using your car as a benchmark for launches as it gets off the line pretty damn well.. If I can get my auto off the line as fast as that I should get into the 14's (yours has a 14 in it no problems, I already know that).

Old 13-11-2005, 11:25 PM   #10
Mark351
Built Ford Tough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Horse
I've had the skirts (and rear bar I might add) on and off a couple of times, no issues at all.
Really? I'll mention that to the guys. I'm not sure if it's too late though.
Old 13-11-2005, 11:26 PM   #11
Mark351
Built Ford Tough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
It was.. but I am still chasing that 14 second pass and the race with you showed me just how sluggish off the line the auto is.. so I fixed it I'm just using your car as a benchmark for launches as it gets off the line pretty damn well.. If I can get my auto off the line as fast as that I should get into the 14's (yours has a 14 in it no problems, I already know that).
Yeah, the car has a 14 in it - just have to get the driver to do it!
Old 13-11-2005, 11:29 PM   #12
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Yeah, the car has a 14 in it - just have to get the driver to do it!
LOL, I dont think the driver is the issue, more the conditions on the day. Its there... maybe lose the kit.. all that extra weight :P

Oh, and those big yellow things I got off you are in the car now too.. very nice, appeciated it.