Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 11-10-2005, 02:28 AM   #61
Walkinshaw
Two > One

With this switchable edit, do you get the editing software to tune your own car with the price of the edit? (I'm assuming no)

Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2005, 09:34 PM   #62
MNM96
LIFELONG DJR SUPPORTER

Gone Quiet. Hows it all going Headsex?
MNM96 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2005, 09:51 PM   #63
sfr rob
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○ ○○○○○

hey, is this only for the 8's or will there be a flash for the I6?
sfr rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2005, 03:48 PM   #64
MNM96
LIFELONG DJR SUPPORTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNM96
Gone Quiet. Hows it all going Headsex?
/\ /\ Bump!
MNM96 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2005, 04:32 PM   #65
jimt3te50
My kids think I'm cool

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Jim has consistently for some time now shared his life, and his passions in his XY GT and more so his FG GT in a way so everyone here feels part of the journey, which helps make AFF such a worthwhile place to be.  An outstanding contributor in my book. 

the rumour mill churned out that this could be any time soon....

real soon (?) ....
2018 Ford Ranger RAPTOR
2013 Audi SQ5
jimt3te50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2005, 04:36 PM   #66
xr8ute
Back on the road

Yeah, I read in one thread that Chris is hoping to get the all clear to tune Noddy's AU soon?

AU XR8 Ute 13.90 @ 100mph - http://www.aufalcon.com/xr8ute
5L Windsor, GT40X heads, Crane 2030, Pacey 4-1s, Lukey 3", 3.91:1, auto. Tuned by me w/Quarterhorse and BinaryEditor.

Coming Soon: Ported lower intake, Tickford "Premium" Brakes, and a good wash.
xr8ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2005, 10:22 AM   #67
xr8ute
Back on the road

thankyou Barry, http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?p=384142

AU XR8 Ute 13.90 @ 100mph - http://www.aufalcon.com/xr8ute
5L Windsor, GT40X heads, Crane 2030, Pacey 4-1s, Lukey 3", 3.91:1, auto. Tuned by me w/Quarterhorse and BinaryEditor.

Coming Soon: Ported lower intake, Tickford "Premium" Brakes, and a good wash.
xr8ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2005, 01:14 PM   #68
LG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeeee-haaaa!! Let's go ;)
Old 31-10-2005, 07:49 AM   #69
AUIII XR8 MAN
DJR TM#54

Location: on my p.c now with internet! ok i'll still use works internet too.

Good to hear it's getting closer & that it's almost finish.
Because the AU have so many different types of enigne in them range from 4lt through to 5.6lt, will it be one tune fits all or will they have drifferent tune for the each of the drifferent enigne types?
Old 31-10-2005, 07:54 AM   #70
hambo_12

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG
Yeeee-haaaa!! Let's go ;)

Cant bloody wait! :
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2005, 09:45 AM   #71
Headsex
headsexTuned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUIII XR8 MAN
Good to hear it's getting closer & that it's almost finish.
Because the AU have so many different types of enigne in them range from 4lt through to 5.6lt, will it be one tune fits all or will they have drifferent tune for the each of the drifferent enigne types?

Each different motor combination will need a calibration done. Once a number of car's are done, value files will be generated as a good starting point for the next car with same engine / mods (exhaust etc).

danny.
Headsex is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2005, 08:41 PM   #72
philut
XR8 driver

Default AU edit

Can't wait for someone to do this here in Brisbane. I have been waiting for this to come for a while. It's been a long time coming. If anyone knows of someone in Brisbane could they let me know who and where. As Grunter said "BRING IT ON".

Phil
philut is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2005, 01:48 AM   #73
jimt3te50
My kids think I'm cool

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Jim has consistently for some time now shared his life, and his passions in his XY GT and more so his FG GT in a way so everyone here feels part of the journey, which helps make AFF such a worthwhile place to be.  An outstanding contributor in my book. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headsex
Each different motor combination will need a calibration done. Once a number of car's are done, value files will be generated as a good starting point for the next car with same engine / mods (exhaust etc).

danny.
Danny,

might just get you to recheck your code database to see if you have any conflicting codes saying that my 12JB is in fact an auto when the car is most definately a manual- it's just that I had an interesting few hours at a ford dealership today and all T series vehicles on WDS show up as autos, regardless. The dealership can give me a part number, a strategy and filename, and a module ID- but their machines can not extract the processor codes ie 12JB on mine.

Just curious, certainly don't go to a huge effort- just if you know mate.

Thanks
2018 Ford Ranger RAPTOR
2013 Audi SQ5
Old 01-11-2005, 02:43 PM   #74
Headsex
headsexTuned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimt3te50
Danny,

might just get you to recheck your code database to see if you have any conflicting codes saying that my 12JB is in fact an auto when the car is most definately a manual- it's just that I had an interesting few hours at a ford dealership today and all T series vehicles on WDS show up as autos, regardless. The dealership can give me a part number, a strategy and filename, and a module ID- but their machines can not extract the processor codes ie 12JB on mine.

Just curious, certainly don't go to a huge effort- just if you know mate.

Thanks
I double checked, and the 12JB definatly had the auto flag set.. Having said that, The ECU might be "commanding" the auto what to do...... Even though you dont have one. Looking into the tables further, It appears that some of the shift scheduling tables are "generic".

Just remember, SCT are not changing the way the ECU's operate, they are only giving tuners access to the tables located withing the ECU's.. If the auto bit is set, its set from the factory..

What strategy did it come up with? NVXF4?

Danny.
Old 01-11-2005, 02:53 PM   #75
jimt3te50
My kids think I'm cool

yeah mate that's the one.

thanks for looking into that. hope to be one of the first to have it done (hopefully this week)
2018 Ford Ranger RAPTOR
2013 Audi SQ5
Old 05-11-2005, 11:29 PM   #76
phillyc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always factual and beneficial. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headsex

danny.
I have an AU1 VCT XR6 auto, Pacemakers Competition headers and Redback 2.5 mandrel system with 59,000klm on the clock. (G-Tech 0-60mph in 6.77s)

I have heard that this EECV edit has been on the drawing board for ages (since before i bought the XR in february). Is it very likely that this will be ready by Commonwealth games (March) as i will be driving down from Newcastle and in Melbourne for about a week.

Was thinking about getting the JMM 3000 rpm stally but if this is the same price i will go with this instead. If i had more time AND money would get both. The falcon is quick now but would fly then!! Just to clear things up, it will have a similar handheld to the BA flash tuner?? Lastly, what tuner / workshop do you use as i would like to ring them and discuss. VERY VERY KEEN!

NB well done with the improvements to your car and good luck!
phillyc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2005, 03:41 AM   #77
Headsex
headsexTuned

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyc
Was thinking about getting the JMM 3000 rpm stally but if this is the same price i will go with this instead. If i had more time AND money would get both. The falcon is quick now but would fly then!! Just to clear things up, it will have a similar handheld to the BA flash tuner?? Lastly, what tuner / workshop do you use as i would like to ring them and discuss. VERY VERY KEEN!

NB well done with the improvements to your car and good luck!
Ideally, any modification to the engine will benefit from being custom tuned. The combination of this and your stall would be the ultimate bet

The AU uses the same flasher box as the BA does. There is no change, the same software is also used, Just with the addition of the AU database.

Tunershops? the first 2 that pop into my head are Amberley Autos (HP Factory), Or Herrods.. Both are opposites sides of melbourne so depending which side you visit, depends which is closest.

danny.
Old 07-11-2005, 11:45 PM   #78
phillyc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always factual and beneficial. 

Thanks for the information!

I hope to get down to the WSID to see what it will run over summer (as a xmas pressie to myself) and see what the XR does now. Im hoping for about a flat 15s. (G-tech 0-60mph is 6.77s)

The edit seems to offer about 10% power improvement on the graphs seen so far, so that should take about 6/10ths of the 100kmh time with about 2-3/10ths from the stally. Obviously it's not so simple as this, but a low 6s for the sprint and low 14s seem to be there for the taking with these mods! Will have to see!
phillyc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post