Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 05-07-2011, 12:36 PM   #61
TMJ
Starter Motor

Default Re: 2010 Ford Fiesta Zetec WS Automatic - Major Problems

Just thought that I woudl update you all regarding our ongoing pinging on 91 RON and no power when vehicle is operating when the ambient temperature is uner 8 degress celcius and using 98 RON fuel. The car has now been at the dealership for over three weeks now.. After Ford Australia stating in writing that pinging was a natural characteristic of the car. Strangly they are undertaking tests and parts replacement for this "normal characteristic" The funny part is that if i wanted to have a car that sounds like a diesel i would have purchased a diesel. the dealership have under the instruction of Ford now replaced virtually every engine management sensor possible. They have also concluded that the car is running lean, thus the pinging that will cause damage to the engine over time. Ford Australia have not contacted me since raising the issue with them. The car has the latest specification PCM (powertrain control module)
TMJ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2011, 05:00 PM   #62
Fiesta_Man69
Banned

See my other posts. I feel for you, mine does the same and Ford customer service stated pinging was a characteristic of Fiestas.

Why would Ford design an engine to self destruct?

I doubt there's anyone in Ford aus who can answer this ludicrous statement.

PCM retune does sweet FA.

But, Ford has crunched their numbers and with 95% of Fiesta drivers being women, they obviously back that the pinging engines will last 3 yrs or 45Ks of driving (based on aus ave of 15 a yr).

I'm selling mine before the warranty runs out and will never touch a Ford again in my life. From what I can count roughly on the fiesta section only on this pro Ford site, there are at least 25 others who are doing similar.

The Fiesta is Fords number 1 private buyer vehicle in Australia. With quality like this (mine had rust for christsakes) I wonder if anyone can remember what happened to Lancia in the early 80s? No wonder Ford is going down the toilet.
Fiesta_Man69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2011, 06:55 PM   #63
GoesLikeAZetec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMJ
Just thought that I woudl update you all regarding our ongoing pinging on 91 RON and no power when vehicle is operating when the ambient temperature is uner 8 degress celcius and using 98 RON fuel. The car has now been at the dealership for over three weeks now.. After Ford Australia stating in writing that pinging was a natural characteristic of the car. Strangly they are undertaking tests and parts replacement for this "normal characteristic" The funny part is that if i wanted to have a car that sounds like a diesel i would have purchased a diesel. the dealership have under the instruction of Ford now replaced virtually every engine management sensor possible. They have also concluded that the car is running lean, thus the pinging that will cause damage to the engine over time. Ford Australia have not contacted me since raising the issue with them. The car has the latest specification PCM (powertrain control module)
Keep at them TMJ. I know there are a couple of members on here with the WS auto. Maybe pm them. They might be able to compare with you
GoesLikeAZetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2011, 05:07 PM   #64
TMJ
Starter Motor

Our vehicle is actually a manual. I now can confirm that the only items that have not been replaced is the complete engine and PCM as it has the latest software. Fuel pump was replaced yesterday and now back on 91 RON with Mr Pinging back. FiestaMAN69, my partner loves her cars probably more than what i do. Like you she wil lnever touch a Ford. I think that we are al loverlookign the fact here that if Ford Australia are saying it is a characteristic of this vehicle they have actually not disclosed this to purchaser. if it needs greater than 91 RON they shoud state this in the manual and at the filler cap. The customer service people pass this back onto the dealership, that they should have told you when you raise this with them. The Dealership has been excellent as we have had a vehicle while it has been at the dealership for the 5 odd weeks and the service manager calling me every day on what is occuring. He has had stuff all help from Ford. Tomorrow will be de day as the last thing they are checking is the timing at the camshaft and i dont expect that to be out as the car does not lack power. Once this is confirmed it wil lbe a round table meetign with the dealer principal, service manager and if no refund agreed to my lawer will take action against the dealership, plus the media will love it if it gets to that.
Old 12-07-2011, 05:09 PM   #65
TMJ
Starter Motor

Smile Re: 2010 Ford Fiesta Zetec WS Automatic - Major Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoesLikeAZetec
Keep at them TMJ. I know there are a couple of members on here with the WS auto. Maybe pm them. They might be able to compare with you
Not sure what you mean re PM them. New to this that is why i only commented in the Auto problem even though i own a manual
Old 13-07-2011, 07:51 PM   #66
Fiesta_Man69
Banned

Call channel 7/9 a current affair shows. This stuff is their bread and butter.
Fiesta_Man69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2011, 09:28 AM   #67
Russ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Very helpful and gracious with photoshop work to help others.. 

There's not really much point getting the media involved now that the dealership has actually taken the initiative (albeit after a kick in the ****) to try and resolve and rectify the problems. I would suggest that as the OP has a lawyer involved in the process that it would be best to let things run as they presently are without any additional parties being involved. Obviously if a satisfactory result can't be reached for the owner after all the work has been carried out and they are still not happy with the vehicle then I would think that their lawyer would be pushing for a refund or a replacement new vehicle for them. If this procedure fails it may then be a suitable option to turn up the heat and get the media involved to restir the pot.

TMJ in case you're still wondering PM means to send a private message, this is so that comments made are not viewable by the public and as such remain private. I understand that your vehicle is manual, and GOESLIKEAZETEC was meaning that there are other owners with autos who have been experiencing similar problems with their cars and Ford in general and you may be able to exchange notes.

Russ

Last edited by Russ; 14-07-2011 at 09:41 AM.
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2011, 10:20 PM   #68
TMJ
Starter Motor

Russ. Thank you for your words of wisdom in regards to the media. We have decided that this is a last resort. I have outline the situation to our solicitor and we are now in the process of taking action against the selling dealer. Unfortunately this is not a pleasant course of action as the dealer and in particular the service manager have tried their hardest and do want to fix the car. Ford even doubted the level of pinging in this car and requested that they re run it on 91RON. It is not the dealers fault that the car can't be fixed but under the consumer act we have to take action on the dealer that has sold us the faulty goods.
Old 15-07-2011, 10:15 AM   #69
Russ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Very helpful and gracious with photoshop work to help others.. 

Best of luck with it mate, hope you get a good result
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2011, 11:50 AM   #70
trumpy73

if you win let us know. May be we can start a class action ;)

also just out of curiosity, would you recoup your legal costs if you win? Just curious as at which point flogging the car on carsales would make you more money than Win minus legal costs.
trumpy73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post