Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 15-05-2011, 08:48 PM   #1
ronwest
All Bran = Regular Member

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 
Default Sway bar links - IRS

As write to you from our holiday apartment at Agnes Water I can't help but wonder what the ordinary people are doing

However, back to the real world, I'll replace my front and rear sway bar links when I get home.

Can someone confirm that the ebay items below are actually front and rear sway bar links for an AU with IRS?
One pair looks right but the second pair don't ring a bell with me. I sent a q to the seller and he reckons they're the right ones but much better to check here that try to get refund after purchase.

Cheers...

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....:X:RTQ:AU:1123

ronwest is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2011, 10:32 AM   #2
Jimmyd
Banned

Default Re: Sway bar links - IRS

Fronts look right (centre two in pic).

I believe the rears are BA onwards (outer two in pic) - AU IRS link had two balljoints both facing the same direction. I'll try to dig up a pic for you.
Jimmyd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2011, 10:45 AM   #3
Jimmyd
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyd
Fronts look right (centre two in pic).

I believe the rears are BA onwards (outer two in pic) - AU IRS link had two balljoints both facing the same direction. I'll try to dig up a pic for you.
Only pic I could dig up on short notice

Jimmyd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2011, 10:47 AM   #4
ronwest

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Was about to post question in B forums.

Thanks for that.

I wasn't sure whether the "legs" in the ebay adv were for f or r. I knew the rear had the legs from when I did bushes but wasn't sure about the front.
Old 20-05-2011, 12:39 PM   #5
Nolathane

Hi Guys,

We list a universal ball to ball style link that can be cut to any length and also have the ball joints face either way.
the ebay picture is for BA-BF and the rear ones are not ball to ball like the AU needs.
Here is our front links
http://www.nolathane.com.au/product_...t_number=42711

these are what we use for the rear it comes with a chart to cut to the length required of 78mm

http://www.nolathane.com.au/product_...t_number=42790

These can all be bought from a local Autoparts store and even on ebay there are some sellers with these but they are not our sellers.
Nolathane is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2011, 02:14 PM   #6
ronwest

Thanks for that.

After charging around earlier in the week and having a couple of places tell me that it's a Ford only replacement part, I found that Pedders stock something similar to you guys (cut to length).

Good to have some options out there...
Old 20-05-2011, 03:45 PM   #7
Nolathane

Sorry we only got the alert today .Once we are subscribed to the topic we reply faster.
Any time you need parts for your Fords do not hesistate to email sales@redranger.com.au and you will get a reply within 24 hrs or for instant just call toll free 1300 882 355 and that includes enquiring on Whiteline stuff as well so you will cover both products in one hit to see if we have what you are after.
We do allot for Fords so there would not be much we cannot supply in some way or another.
Nolathane is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post