Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 30-01-2010, 09:09 PM   #1
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Default AU throttle bodies

Just a quick question, is the throttle body and more importantly, the TBS the same across the AU models, ie., S1-2-3?

I've got a S1 TB sitting in the shed that's left over from an engine swap and want to use it to replace the S2 factory LPG mixer TB so I can fit the Airod variable mixer I acquired recently. If it's a straight swap and plug in for the TBS then life will be a whole lot easier.

Cheers
Bushbasher

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2010, 09:21 PM   #2
The Monty
Just slidin'

The TPS is different between s1, and s2/3. No matter what you do, it wont fit, I tried, lol.
Old 30-01-2010, 09:25 PM   #3
KR1STO
Just another mock-up..

i fitted a s3 into my s1... just change the plug on your loom to fit the different tps and it'll work..

see my car here:
Built my own TL50!!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
KR1STO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2010, 09:33 PM   #4
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

So if I get a S1 TPS plug and put it on in place of the S2 plug then the ECU will read the TPS correctly and everything should be as normal?

Bushbasher

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Old 30-01-2010, 09:35 PM   #5
KR1STO
Just another mock-up..

that's what happened with mine, except i went from a s1 to a s3...
been working for 3 years now mate...

see my car here:
Built my own TL50!!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 30-01-2010, 09:38 PM   #6
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

SWEET!, Thanks Kristo. If you can go from S1 to S3 then I should be able to go from S2 to S1 .

Bushbasher

MINE- AUII Forte

Old 30-01-2010, 09:39 PM   #7
KR1STO
Just another mock-up..

i can't see why not mate...
happy to help...!

see my car here:
Built my own TL50!!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 30-01-2010, 10:54 PM   #8
The Monty
Just slidin'

I changed them around, and it didnt work. The castings on the throttle body to screw into were very different. Unless, assuming you both have VCT engines, they stayed the same for the entire production? Im 10000000% sure it wont work on the non VCT (not sure about HP) engine.
Old 30-01-2010, 11:03 PM   #9
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Hang on Monty, are we on the same page here, I'm talking about unbolting the enitre throttle body TPS and all and swapping to the S1 throttle body, TPS and all, so just having to cut off the S2 TPS plug from the loom and splice on a S1 plug to the loom to make a connection. If I read your posts correctly you are talking about trying to make a S2 TPS fit a S1 TB, or am I reading it wrong?

Just so we're all clear here, I'm talking about doing this to a standard i6 in my missus' wagon with NOT the VCT6 in my Fairlane.

Kristo, are you talking about a VCT6 or a standard i6?

Bushbasher

MINE- AUII Forte

Last edited by Bushbasher; 30-01-2010 at 11:08 PM.
Old 31-01-2010, 07:50 AM   #10
The Monty
Just slidin'

I changed my series 3 throttle body, to a series 1 throttle body. The throttle body bolts up fine. I then tried to plug my s3 TPS loom into the s1 TPS. It does not fit. I then tried to fit the series 3 TPS to the s1 throttle body, but the castings were different so that you can not screw the TPS into position.
Old 31-01-2010, 12:12 PM   #11
KR1STO
Just another mock-up..

what i was saying monty is, that you cut your old plug off your loom and splice the matching plug back onto it... there's no need to actually remove the tps to try match it up...
the plugs on the loom share the same coloured wires, the plugs are just a diferent shape...
as long as the tps and the plug are matching, there is no problems fitting different throttle bodies between all series...

see my car here:
Built my own TL50!!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 31-01-2010, 12:15 PM   #12
KR1STO
Just another mock-up..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushbasher
Hang on Monty, are we on the same page here, I'm talking about unbolting the enitre throttle body TPS and all and swapping to the S1 throttle body, TPS and all, so just having to cut off the S2 TPS plug from the loom and splice on a S1 plug to the loom to make a connection. If I read your posts correctly you are talking about trying to make a S2 TPS fit a S1 TB, or am I reading it wrong?

Just so we're all clear here, I'm talking about doing this to a standard i6 in my missus' wagon with NOT the VCT6 in my Fairlane.

Kristo, are you talking about a VCT6 or a standard i6?

Bushbasher
i did it on my VCT mate, but the throttle body i put on was from a dedicated gas S3 non-vct engine... so i'd say that they are all compatible with all 6cyl engines...
as long as the loom plug matches the tps..... no issues!!!

see my car here:
Built my own TL50!!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 31-01-2010, 01:25 PM   #13
The Monty
Just slidin'

Ohhh, I see, lol.
I thought about that, but having failed Electronics in year 9, I decided not pursue this line.
So you change the throttle body, and the TPS, cut the loom off the new TPS, and wire it up with your exixting TPS loom? If so, I can see how this would work.
Old 31-01-2010, 09:25 PM   #14
KR1STO
Just another mock-up..

pretty much monty...
cut off old plug, splice in new plug, plug into matching throttle body and away you go!

see my car here:
Built my own TL50!!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 02-02-2010, 10:05 PM   #15
KR1STO
Just another mock-up..

how'd you go with this bushbasher... all sorted?

see my car here:
Built my own TL50!!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 15-11-2010, 11:33 PM   #16
Dingo
Ford T3 Partsologist

Howdy all, have a on-going problem with a crate engine i have, which throttle body is correct for a 2002 AU3 XR8 Signarure 220kw engine ?

2002 Blueprint T3 TE50 Manual Koni Suspension # 161

T-Series Club of Australia - www.tseriesclub.org

Dingo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2010, 08:43 PM   #17
Dingo
Ford T3 Partsologist

some help is needed here - please - ive had a forum member make comment about my crater sometime back as to the authenticity of it coz the throttle body was incorrect, so i followed up with this and was advised it should have the one with the tickford wings on it - but ive been seeing cars of the same date with the throttle body thats on my crater so im none the wiser here - any help would be appreciated - thanx Darren
Dingo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2010, 12:32 AM   #18
AMB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always has a helpful answer in the technical sections, wether it's giving information on a simple diagnosis with a small issue, Helping someone fix their car if they are stuck on removing/installing something, or just need information on what works how. 

Start a new thread Darren, this one is old.
AMB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post