Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 17-09-2010, 03:30 PM   #1
leakey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Interesting kit

Found this in a search. Interesting kit. "LERER".

Old 17-09-2010, 04:18 PM   #2
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

No offence, but that looks like ar5e
Old 17-09-2010, 04:33 PM   #3
eddiemonster
Starter Motor

I like the front if there were fog lights would break it away in a good way but the back is like an aussie married with an thai girl cause its good but just not rite.
eddiemonster is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-09-2010, 05:05 PM   #4
Mad_Aussie
what-tut-tut-tut

Fail kit, but neat rims... Side on photo?
Mad_Aussie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-09-2010, 05:33 PM   #5
Fordman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It looks like the new xr5 :P

If i was gonna mod a focus it would look like one of these

Fordman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-09-2010, 06:21 PM   #6
leakey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Haha, interesting comments! Not my cuppa tea, I'm more plain Jane, with big wheels.
KISS principle.

What I did find interesting was the departure from pretty much all other kits with the deep mouth/grille. **** isnt right is it. I dont have a side view of it.

I like the side skirts on the above. Front grille doesnt match the styling of the original car, like they grafted another kit to fit it? That LS looks great. Love the wheels.

Bourney, none taken. Its not my baby, just a pic I found.
Old 17-09-2010, 07:35 PM   #7
Mad_Aussie
what-tut-tut-tut

My preference to any body mods is function leading to form - none of this snow plow melted to the road stuff. Big frigging carbon diffusers, big flares, wheels that sit flush and depending on the car, carbon winglets and carbon F1 mirrors. But everything has to honour the original lines of the car. Most fiberglass kits out there look like they were designed by a Tron fan thats been snorting too much columbian white after four days without sleep.

Done right: (obviously after having upgraded from the Focus, lolol)

Old 17-09-2010, 08:08 PM   #8
leakey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Have you ever seen the doco' - "devil at your heels"?

The winglets remind me of the mods they made to his 2nd and 3rd jet car....

[in an Alibami accent][Cletus from Simpsons...]

"Whaalst yr flaaaayin throo ta air, ya thro thi here leverr, and the steerin wheaal
makes the wings rotate laark flaps, so yu can land laark."

Its a classic. Ken Carter was the guy. (dead now... duuuh!!)

Do you think they play nicely with the other Ferrari drivers?

EDIT - the doco was about a guy attempting to jump the StLawrence SeaWay
between USA and Canada in a jet car. Not hard to work out how it ended.
Its a mile wide....
Old 18-09-2010, 10:37 AM   #9
Neale
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

if anyone wants a more subtle body kit, You can give Steve Hoinville a call. He was involved in the Pirtek Focus Rally car for the ARC. I bought a used front bar Hatch & rear wing off the old rally car (rear wing generates heaps of downforce & make it handle better). He still has all of the molds & may be able to make some stuff for you but I can promise anything. I have posted a copy of the email I got from him.

"I have a number of bits and pieces left over from the Focus ARC program that we no longer have a use for. They are all bespoke, top quality items that you would expect from a works team, but I suspect they would only be of interest to a die hard Focus type club member.

I don’t know if you recall our car, bur we had unique front and rear bumper bars that were based on the initial Ford “Motor Show” Focus that did the rounds of the European and Asian motor shows in 2004/2005. It also had a fairly aggressive rear wing that we introduced late in the ’06 season that generated quite a lot of downforce. The pics attached illustrate.

All parts suit the later model Focus, 2005 LT onwards.

So if you could put the work about that we are looking for a good home for them, hopefully someone will want them. The list includes:

Rear Wing Assembly. GRP, Carbon and Kevlar, this kit consists of a “pod” that bolts to the standard rear hatch (with the removal of the original small black plastic spoiler above the rear glass) and has composite end plates and wing element. We have 2 of these kits, one that was used on the car in the ARC, and one brand new. $1250 each.

Front bumper, Carbon/Kevlar. This bumper was used on the last event of the ’06 season and needs a little repair. . SOLD ( but may be able to make new one if you ask nicely)

Roof scoop. $250.

Heated front windscreens. We imported these in ourselves from Europe as they were not available here. They have an internal heating element that’s virtually invisible, common in many euro cars. We have 4 of these, $350 each.

We also have a full set of moulds for the body/aero kit including moulds for: front bumper, rear bumper, front guards, bonnet, wing pod and end plates, and roof scoop. If anyone was interested in producing a kit(s) of parts to replicate our works car this would cover everything needed. $5000.

And a stack of team apparel left over, polo shirts, bucket hats and caps. We’d be happy to offload the whole lot if someone wanted or sell them individually.

We’re happy to negotiate on price on most of the items, and really more than anything want to find some enthusiasts who would appreciate the items what they are rather than just advertise them on the open market.

Please feel free to email me or call on 0407 898 606 anytime. Thanks again.
Steve Hoinville"
shoinville@optusnet.com.au

If you want PM me for pics
Neale is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2010, 03:52 PM   #10
Mad_Aussie
what-tut-tut-tut

Got a photo of their work?
Old 18-09-2010, 04:54 PM   #11
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

Interesting Post Neale. Brings back memories of Rally of Canberra & Melbourne with Zetec, FocusOnThis and me following the Focus through the Yarra Valley on the Transport stage/s.

Exterior Enhancements: ST170 Wheels, Richbrook Shorty Aerial, Euro-Spec Hatch Handle.

Performance Enhancements: Ate Callipers/EBC Rotors/EBC Greens Stuff Pads, ST170 Suspension, Herrod's Custom Tune, Ford Racing Coated Exhaust Manifold & Bespoke 2.25in Exhaust.

Awards: AFD '07 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '09 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '10 RSOC O/all Best Focus, AFD '10 CFC O/all Best Focus.
Fast Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2010, 07:10 PM   #12
leakey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Got a pic?
Old 18-09-2010, 07:16 PM   #13
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2010, 01:54 PM   #14
Neale
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

heres a couple of pics, I havent tried to fit the front bar but ive been told that to get it to fit properly you have to fit the different front wings aswell, but a replica ARC car would look cool & something different without being totally out there. ive exeeded my upload so I cant post anymore pics but if you msg me I can email you them
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WshopRra.jpg (72.6 KB, 76 views)
Old 20-09-2010, 12:03 PM   #15
Mad_Aussie
what-tut-tut-tut

That looks good. I'd love to get a set of Enkei 'Gravel' wrc rims... The $2500/set price tag is a little severe though.

Also, make an account at www.photobucket.com (or log in there with your facebook details)... Free image upload/hosting, its what I use.
Old 14-10-2010, 06:45 PM   #16
Neale
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

cheers Mad Aussie, ive finaly got around to it, so here are some pics

Old 14-10-2010, 06:53 PM   #17
Mad_Aussie
what-tut-tut-tut

Do those guys specially import a 2-door for their rally cars? We certainly missed out in Aus by not getting that model.

You definitely need to get the rest of the team pirtek vinyls on there mate! Spoiler looks good, just a little out of place imo...
Old 15-10-2010, 02:49 PM   #18
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

Was the spoiler an easy fit??

Exterior Enhancements: ST170 Wheels, Richbrook Shorty Aerial, Euro-Spec Hatch Handle.

Performance Enhancements: Ate Callipers/EBC Rotors/EBC Greens Stuff Pads, ST170 Suspension, Herrod's Custom Tune, Ford Racing Coated Exhaust Manifold & Bespoke 2.25in Exhaust.

Awards: AFD '07 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '09 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '10 RSOC O/all Best Focus, AFD '10 CFC O/all Best Focus.
Fast Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2010, 10:20 PM   #19
Velociraptor82
Eat my Brake Dust

That looks nuts!!! Did you notice a handling improvement???
Small Ford Sunday 2010 - Best Modified Car presented by the EuroFord Club

If I'm going to Hell, I'm going in a Ford

Velociraptor82 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post