Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 08-10-2010, 08:10 PM   #61
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

I hate it when I hear bogans bagging commodores on a Ford forum, because of the stigma associated with the brand.

I own the "big" three brands. That is the Commodore, the Ford and the Valiant. Depending on what I am driving, depends on what the other branded driver says.

As for the "big" GTHO phase 3. Yeah it won Bathurst, but the "big" 351 couldn't whoop the piddly 265 over the quarter. And the Valiant nearly won bathurst. If the wheel nuts hadn't jammed, because the studs had swollon, it would have been a different story. But that's an "if". People also fail to remember that the Charger used to wipe the competition in NZ, back in the day.

Personally they can call my Commodore a snotbox, or my Ford as the driver returns on foot, or the Valiant a wogbox. At least I'm not a one eyed knuckle head, that the majority of people are, when it comes to their brand. Really, people need to open their eyes and appreciate other brands for the good things, rather than just flick them off because of a bloody badge.

Please read the manual carefully, as the these manufacturers spent millions of dollars making sure it is perfect.....Now why are there so many problems with my car, when I follow the instructions to the letter?....Answer, majority rules round here

Lock me up and throw away the key because I'm a hoon....I got caught doing 59 in a 60 zone
svo supporter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2010, 10:09 PM   #62
JimNiki
71Mach1

Bogans!!!

They're Everywhere!
Even On Ford Forums!
Some Own All 3 Brands!
violets are #0000FF
all my base
are belong to you
JimNiki is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2010, 01:05 AM   #63
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimNiki
Bogans!!!

They're Everywhere!
Even On Ford Forums!
Some Own All 3 Brands!

Na, a bogan is someone that slags off at the other brands they don't own. I happen to be a car lover that gets the poops with narrow minded people.

BTW. The Ford I own has given me more touble in the 9 months that I have owned it than the other brands put together and it's the youngest car of the lot.

Please read the manual carefully, as the these manufacturers spent millions of dollars making sure it is perfect.....Now why are there so many problems with my car, when I follow the instructions to the letter?....Answer, majority rules round here

Lock me up and throw away the key because I'm a hoon....I got caught doing 59 in a 60 zone
Old 09-10-2010, 12:00 PM   #64
302 XC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just on this
Phase 3 "yeah it won Bathurst"

The thing smashed the opposition clear out of the ball park
They were still competitive what 3-4 years after they first raced them
Didnt Moffat in qualifying smash 12 secs of the years previous track record ???
Won a race by a full lap
Good ol the slug the PHASE 3 ,wasnt it ???
Cant really claim victory without an actuall victory
Didnt ford have bad tyre issues in the GT era ???
A win is a win a lose is a lose

Im not 1 eyed as such
Ill have the first generation monaro anyday,theres a coupla nice vals i wouldnt mine
302 XC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2010, 10:56 PM   #65
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Then you could go on with the piddly LJ 202 piston popper that blitzed the V8 opposition at Bathurst.

A win is a win after all.

Old 09-10-2010, 11:56 PM   #66
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

I used to get annoyed with the childish banter most people gave me for driving my ol XE. But in the end it did not deter me in buying other fords. Yes I have been through quite a few of them, got to know a lot of stuff about them and still buy them due being great cars for your the money.

Another thing I wanted to avoid also was band wagon supporters. Too many of my friends/colleagues who I grew up with jumped on the 'Holden's are cool' band wagon to avoid being bagged by others. I just viewed them as gutless wonders.

I wouldn't say no to a HK Monaro or a VJ Charger either. I own a Holden AH Astra (wifes car)too btw. Id love a Hemi in the garage if I had the room.

As has already been said, those that appreciate all makes for their good and bad points don't really care what the 'xxxx brand is s%#t, why? because they are' LOSER brigade.

I have far more respect for the people who can have fun yes, but also appreciate a good car when they see it.

my 2c

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2010, 09:02 AM   #67
302 XC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

We could go on for ages about this

I love the old adage
"The valiant 6 was quicker then the Phase 3 over the quarter"
Most race curcuits are longer than 400ms
"Oh if only the val had a 4spd" blah blah

Yes the 6cyl torries were a little weapon
(If brock didnt run outta fuel he would have had another victory in the torrie)

But the ol bench racing
"oh but what about IF this happened,it would have been different"

It all makes the racing history of the big 3 (later the big 2) more interesting
They all have there place and all have some interesting history to reminise
302 XC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2010, 10:35 AM   #68
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i cop heaps i dont care i just say what do you own.......... i win...
pottery beige is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2010, 10:47 AM   #69
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Ive owned 2 AU's and IMO you need to be fairly thick skinned to own one. Yeah i did get a little defensive but in the end was like water off a ducks back and it came from inside the ford camp
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2010, 07:16 PM   #70
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by 302 XC
We could go on for ages about this

I love the old adage
"The valiant 6 was quicker then the Phase 3 over the quarter"
Most race curcuits are longer than 400ms
"Oh if only the val had a 4spd" blah blah

Yes the 6cyl torries were a little weapon
(If brock didnt run outta fuel he would have had another victory in the torrie)

But the ol bench racing
"oh but what about IF this happened,it would have been different"

It all makes the racing history of the big 3 (later the big 2) more interesting
They all have there place and all have some interesting history to reminise

Rather interesting this comment coming from you, when the original comments about the phase came from the same person.

Now back to the topic at hand.

Old 11-10-2010, 02:46 PM   #71
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

Don't really care what people say...I even bag Fords out.

How many of us can say we aren't guilty of bagging Holdens and their owners out...

Who gives a toss...Got bigger fish to fry.

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
XR6_661 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post