Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 05-07-2010, 11:32 AM   #1
zdcol71
zdcol71

Default pedestrian rage

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/...-to-cross-road
Just saw this on the news this morning. Wondering how many get as frustrated as I do when "kids" act like jerks as pedestrians.
I have never run anyone down when they take an eternity to cross a road at a 45 degree angle, or with their faces firmly entrenced in a text screen, or my "favourite", the ones who push the button at the lights then cross and are long gone before the lights change and pi$$ everyone off who have to stop for nothing....not yet anyway.
Indian with a mowhawk?? Revenge on the paleface!

Old 05-07-2010, 01:01 PM   #2
388cube_edxr8
Nutty Professor

My favorite is the group of high school kids that look at you and see you coming, and then just walk out onto the road, knowing you will stop and let them cross.

I like to pretend I don't see them, and slow down quickly. Turn your head to look out the window, but keep your eyes focused on the retar- school kids.

Having a small hatchback with a truck or train horn works quite well too.
If you buy a rubbish car, what you are saying is "I have no interest in cars." If you have no interest in cars, you have no interest in driving, and if you have no interest in something, it means you're no good at it, which means you must have your driving license taken away.
388cube_edxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2010, 01:05 PM   #3
rag top
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by zdcol71
Indian with a mowhawk?? Revenge on the paleface!
don't forget the colour.....
Quote:
driver was of Indian appearance and had a blonde mohawk.
Old 05-07-2010, 01:07 PM   #4
Bluntman
Loves the blunt

This really irks me. I have a set of traffic lights outside near where I work and its next to a train station so people just keep walking across the road long after the flashing man is red and the lights have turned green and just expect the cars to wait for them.

The worst part is the green light doesn't stay on long so because the cars up the front can't go for ages hardly any cars get through the green light.

And whats with these edits that just step out onto the road while texting without even looking. I say mow them down. Darwinism at it's finest.
Bluntman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2010, 01:24 PM   #5
seduced_xr
BF XR6

i hate this, i live near the high school i went to and every day they cross the road to go to southlands shopping centre..which is directly accross from the school. they just walk out and expect you to stop, last time i dropped back to 2nd and booted it through where they were walking. if your not using the crossing attendant or the cross walk i will not stop for you.
BA Falcon XR6 [JS92WA]in Winter White, 6 Speed ZF - BF Tail Lights, Pacemaker Twin 2.5" catback DBA Gold Series Rotors, 5% tint >>ITS BACK - The REBUILD IS ON, BF 2 Ghia 3v V8 5.4L, Full Fairmont Ghia Interior with FPV GTP seats,Boss Bonnet,BF Front End, DJR 302 Rear Wing, BF steering Column with BF ignition and FG keys, <<

2010 FG Falcon XR6 [XRLNT] in Lightning Strike, 6 Speed Auto - 15% Tint, Ipod, Bluetooth, Climate Control, custom plates, DJR 302 Wing
seduced_xr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2010, 02:15 PM   #6
3vXT

Quote:
Originally Posted by seduced_xr
last time i dropped back to 2nd and booted it through where they were walking.
That's the spirit, KILL 'EM ALL!!!!
3vXT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2010, 02:19 PM   #7
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by seduced_xr
i hate this, i live near the high school i went to and every day they cross the road to go to southlands shopping centre..which is directly accross from the school. they just walk out and expect you to stop, last time i dropped back to 2nd and booted it through where they were walking. if your not using the crossing attendant or the cross walk i will not stop for you.
That's a real good idea, not like it'd be your fault if you hit them
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2010, 02:20 PM   #8
TheInterceptor
Cruising...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken2903
That's the spirit, KILL 'EM ALL!!!!

Subaru Outback '02
TheInterceptor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2010, 02:25 PM   #9
GoldCoastGTP
Luxo rocket

Scruby at it again - does this man have a brain
95% of car V pedestrian the car driver is not at fault
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/q...-1225887736371
Old 05-07-2010, 02:35 PM   #10
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Last weekend i was at a local maccas at about Midnight, had just parked with 2 mates in the car. Walking across the carpark to go inside when some ****** in a ute who had just popped out of the drivethrough while we were half way across decides we were walking too slowly and proceeds to drive straight into one of my friends. He knocked him off his feet (15-20km hit) and onto the bonnet. We then chased him down through the car park, stopped him and abused this moron. The idiot survived purely because my mate actually worked as a manager at that maccas and it wasn't worth losing his job over... Hopefully i'm not there when my mate see's him again though

Some people don't deserve the air we breathe.
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2010, 03:07 PM   #11
mytgxl
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

As once said by malcome frazier run over the bludgers!