Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 05-05-2010, 09:24 AM   #1
Jack91
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Who did those intakes?

I remember a while ago there was a full stainless intake available to go from the pod filter to the throttle body. Who did these and are there any pics/prices? Sick of airbox and its stupid clips.

Jack91 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-05-2010, 09:55 AM   #2
Jack91
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Found the info
Difillipo charge $440. You dont get a filter and need another bend to get to the t/b
JMM charge $390. You get a pod filter and its complete

Trying to get pics of the JMM setup, if it look good Its tempting to get it.
Old 05-05-2010, 09:58 AM   #3
low au classic
EA FALCONED

intrested in some pics of there set up so if you get any can you please post them up

SVO wheels 16x7 & 16x8
SVO MOMO steering wheel
SVO rear spoiler
SVO dash cluster
SVO RECARO trim
SVO headers
SVO grille
Sounds good pity it hasn’t ran in 3 years
low au classic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-05-2010, 09:58 AM   #4
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Exhaust shop will do it much cheaper.

I had one on my EL, made 2/3 of stuff all difference. Idle turned to crap though.

You'd be better off getting your hands on one of those airboxes.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-05-2010, 10:03 AM   #5
Jack91
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

No pics of the JMM setup unfortunately. RG, Ive done the ring around to exhaust shops before and they all say we dont carry and we dont do stainless. Yes even the big guys. Thats Tasmania for you. Airboxes are good, but if I pay double I can have the whole thing. I can get cheap angles, but I cant get the car into town to measure them, I dont have a TIG, and I figure I might as well just do it right the first time around. Might still go with an airbox though. Whats whoosha want for one nowadays?
Old 05-05-2010, 01:18 PM   #6
HLC
Audi S3

just use that cheapo intercooler piping and silicon joiners from supercheap/repco/whatever.

my mate just did it on his BA and it looks alright to me. i wouldnt waste my money on my AU doing it but each to their own really!
Old 05-05-2010, 02:06 PM   #7
Jack91
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLC
just use that cheapo intercooler piping and silicon joiners from supercheap/repco/whatever.

my mate just did it on his BA and it looks alright to me. i wouldnt waste my money on my AU doing it but each to their own really!
Theyre plastic, not metal. I think thered be a good chance of it melting. Im going to assess the sitch when I get home. Might just get a 1m straight of it and substitute it in where I can. Straights are only $35. Then just get a sheet of stainless, cut a 3inch hole in it, line it with rubber and bend it into a sort of square, so the pod is protected.
Old 05-05-2010, 02:23 PM   #8
Jack91
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Would it be OK to use aluminium? Theres a few on ebay like $200 for a universal kit with joiners in 3inch. I dont see a problem with aluminium, is it OK to use?
Old 05-05-2010, 02:32 PM   #9
HLC
Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVO_XR
Theyre plastic, not metal. I think thered be a good chance of it melting. Im going to assess the sitch when I get home. Might just get a 1m straight of it and substitute it in where I can. Straights are only $35. Then just get a sheet of stainless, cut a 3inch hole in it, line it with rubber and bend it into a sort of square, so the pod is protected.
i meant the chrome looking pipe stuff with silicon joiners. not that ribbed tube rubbish!!!
Old 05-05-2010, 02:32 PM   #10
HLC
Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVO_XR
Would it be OK to use aluminium? Theres a few on ebay like $200 for a universal kit with joiners in 3inch. I dont see a problem with aluminium, is it OK to use?
thats the stuff i was referring to. and yes it would be fine.
Old 05-05-2010, 03:12 PM   #11
Jack91
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Damn. I just called JMM back to order one of theirs (ebay ones are too complicated and I know I'll get ripped) and he said they havent done them for years. Only option is defillipo but thats getting way up there and JMM said that the defillipo ones touch on everything anyway. He suggested just a 3inch pipe to the first right angle bend as thats where all the restriction is in the au intake. I'll keep you all posted.
Old 07-05-2010, 06:46 PM   #12
broken_suave
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

HLC - the chrome piping from SCA is plastic. Looks like polished stainless or chrome, but its just 'hard' plastic.

Previously:
98 AU Futura 4.0 - Wildcat Extractors, 200cpsi Stainless Cat, Custom 2.5" Mandrel Bent Exhaust, Tickford Snorkel, Fram 'Airhog' Panel Filter - Daily

79 P6 LTD Silver Monarch - Project
broken_suave is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2010, 09:52 PM   #13
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by broken_suave
HLC - the chrome piping from SCA is plastic. Looks like polished stainless or chrome, but its just 'hard' plastic.
They do sell stainless steel intercooler piping as well though! a range of bends and straight pieces
GS608 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2010, 11:13 PM   #14
broken_suave
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'll have to keep a look out. I've only ever seen the plastic ones.

I asked if they had any chrome/stainless piping, and the floorstaff pointed to the plastic ones. I said "no, I dont want plastic ones, I want proper piping," he goes on to tell me that its 'alloy', so it just feels like the weight of plastic. He then proceeded to 'prove' this by pulling out one of the pipes. He pointed out the 'metal casting lines'. Then another staff member walked past and said, "yeah these are plastic, we dont stock any stainless piping."

I didnt get another word from the first guy, he just walked off.

Previously:
98 AU Futura 4.0 - Wildcat Extractors, 200cpsi Stainless Cat, Custom 2.5" Mandrel Bent Exhaust, Tickford Snorkel, Fram 'Airhog' Panel Filter - Daily

79 P6 LTD Silver Monarch - Project
broken_suave is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2010, 11:23 PM   #15
MMD

i have the JMM intake,
my car is not here at the moment, probably wont see it for a week or 2, so it will be hard to get a pic of it.

there is nothing special with the kit, the whole bend part of the intake is stock
then there is a 3" pipe bent to the correct angle to get to the airbox, and a pod filter with adapter.
MMD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2010, 11:43 PM   #16
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

you sure i can get stainless through my old work in 3 inch, any grade, i actually got some through my old work to do my full stainless intake at some stage

Posted by Xcabbi, Does it slap or rattle? Rattle is more to do with timing chains and tensioners. Slap is more to do with lifters, rings, bearings or GENIII boat anchors
frd906 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2010, 11:53 PM   #17
Jack91
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ive bought just over 1m of polished stainless tube, a clamp and a silicone memory joiner hose thing. Originally planned just going from first right angle to the pod filter with the straight piece but tomorrow if the weather is good Im going to see if another $35 joiner can go right to the throttle body. If it works Ill throw up pics and a DIY. Going to cost around $100 by the time I get another joiner and Im going to use the mount holes already there as I have a great idea how to easily utilise them without welding a bracket on the tube.
Old 07-05-2010, 11:56 PM   #18
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

How much did the tube cost, DAVO XR

Posted by Xcabbi, Does it slap or rattle? Rattle is more to do with timing chains and tensioners. Slap is more to do with lifters, rings, bearings or GENIII boat anchors
frd906 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2010, 12:39 AM   #19
Jack91
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

$38/metre
Old 08-05-2010, 12:45 AM   #20
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by broken_suave
I'll have to keep a look out. I've only ever seen the plastic ones.

I asked if they had any chrome/stainless piping, and the floorstaff pointed to the plastic ones. I said "no, I dont want plastic ones, I want proper piping," he goes on to tell me that its 'alloy', so it just feels like the weight of plastic. He then proceeded to 'prove' this by pulling out one of the pipes. He pointed out the 'metal casting lines'. Then another staff member walked past and said, "yeah these are plastic, we dont stock any stainless piping."

I didnt get another word from the first guy, he just walked off.
haha, thats just goes to show how clueless 90% of staff at supercheap really are.

Pretty sure it was on sale with all this calibre junk they sell with the silicone joiners and the plastic ones you saw.

Here we go on their website. Go to Types and click Intercooler piping
http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/onl...rts.aspx?id=57
GS608 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2010, 03:07 PM   #21
blackers10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

When i worked at the Supercheap distribution centre they had SOME steel piping of some sort and the rest was crappy plastic

just find a steel tube supplier and order stainless donuts and some straights then just take the whole shebang to a welder who does TIG and give them a drawing of how it all needs to go and you will be sweet