Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 21-04-2010, 04:13 AM   #1
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 
Default Calder Price Increase Street Meet Racing

From Calder website.

New Drag Racing Competitor Pricing
30 Apr 2010

Legal off street drag racing pricing as of 30th April will be as follows.

Street Cars: $80

Comp Cars: $130

The competitor price increase is due to a 30% hike in insurance policy costings at Calder Park, and the fact that Calder Park has not changed the competitor price in 3 years.

Also New deal Family spectator passes available

New Family Ticket Pricing
30 Apr 2010
$40 For Familys, 2 Adults And All The Kids Are FREE!

Legal off street drag racing meetings are now huge at Calder Park. With lots of familys coming down for a full nights worth of action.
Mums and Dads bring as many kids as you like they are all free. Under the new ticket pricing of $40 for 2 adults, and as many kids as you like.

In todays tough times take advantage of our new family ticketing price. Great range of food and drinks available, alcohol for sale too.

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2010, 08:36 PM   #2
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Anyone been having a go at the Fri or Sat Sessions lately?

Whats has the trak been like?

Been getting many runs during the night?
FPV8U is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2010, 09:14 PM   #3
SpoolMan

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Track has been good, cars have dropped off so numbers are lower there for more runs and they still take for ever to clean up oil downs...

Old 03-05-2010, 08:00 PM   #4
Parfrey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ah $80 sucks! we wonder why people race on the street!!
there has been less cars lately.. but still only get around 6 or 7 runs if your there most of the night.
Parfrey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2010, 09:38 PM   #5
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Thanks guys, hopefully i can get my new clutch done and get down there for some fun while its still nice and cold.
Old 06-05-2010, 08:30 AM   #6
yogi351

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoolMan
Track has been good, cars have dropped off so numbers are lower there for more runs and they still take for ever to clean up oil downs...
I dont see how half an hour for a half track clean up is forever, especially when the track is back to where is was at the start of the night......
On the original post, you need to add....
Street cars $80 (includes 3 spectator passes to the value of $75)
Comp cars $130 (includes 3 crew passes to the value of $75 max 5 crew)
Sounds like a good deal....
yogi351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2010, 01:09 PM   #7
jcxr
Tribal Elder

Why doesnt Bob Jane wake up to the fact that raising prices decreases competitors and he cant play catchup by lowering prices. He has burned drag racing in the southern states and it will take years to restore it, IF it can be restored. Its a shame more money couldnt be invested into HPR and get ANDRA affiliation.
jcxr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2010, 02:50 PM   #8
XR.1967
XR 1967

You and 3 mates for $80 and you blokes go off lol..
What do you guys want? I know I'd love a drag stip closer then 5hr away..
I can see if you didn't have 3 mates it might seem a much but but apart from that, be happy you have a strip...
XR.1967 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2010, 03:05 PM   #9
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogi351
I dont see how half an hour for a half track clean up is forever, especially when the track is back to where is was at the start of the night......
Wow Sounds like a good deal there.
Old 06-05-2010, 08:02 PM   #10
yakcam
I drank what?

G'day Yogi,

I just looked at your post history and I'm curious, what's your relationship with Calder Park? I only ask as I'd love to know what the future holds there for championship drag racing, I'd love to see the big hitters back in Melbourne on the quarter.

Cheers,

Kraig
Old 06-05-2010, 08:20 PM   #11
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

I prefer the test n tune days at Heathcote. If I ever decide to take my F6 down the qtr I will head down there.
Old 06-05-2010, 08:51 PM   #12
SpoolMan

Quote:
Must be talking about a different Friday night..... Have you ever seen a track clean up in Sydney....
My original post, maybe they should update Calder website to read this information.
Still reads like this.

Prices:

Street Cars: $80

Comp Cars: $130

Spectator: $25

Familys: (2 Adults, all kids are free): $40

Under 18: Free

===============================================

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcxr
Its a shame more money couldnt be invested into HPR and get ANDRA affiliation.
Yes JC I agree, I am sure things will continue to improve at HPR and it keeps the tag as the no:1 Family and club friendly track..

==============================================

Dont forget guys this weekend ford forums drag meet @ HPR $15 to spectate a full days racing, starts 11am we have over 100 cars...

Old 06-05-2010, 11:24 PM   #13
Boosted
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
16/4/10 oil down cleanup was more like an hour, I know because I was lined up in the dummy grid busting for a pee and was contemplating turning back.
Boosted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post