Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 31-03-2010, 01:47 AM   #1
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Default Camaro Package Confirmed

Confirming earlier rumors of a “heritage edition” of the new 2010 Camaro that would appeal directly to their largest fan base, deep sources inside GM have signaled that the Camaro WT is indeed headed for production later this summer.

Available on both the V6 and SS models, the WT package will celebrate the look and theme that has appealed to thousands of Camaro owners and fans in modestly priced neighborhoods and manufactured home developments. The decision was made after initial market launch of the new 2010 Camaro was not bringing enough brand loyalists into the dealerships.

“It was a controversial subject in our meetings”, says our inside source at GM. “Do we really go for it and offer straight from the factory the genuine article? Or do we let time and the JC Whitney's of the world take their course. Many people were against the WT package, wanted to keep the new model clean of its past. In the end we need to sell cars and we think the WT edition will speak to the soul of our Camaro buyer base. It was time get honest with ourselves. It was come to Jesus time for us ”.

Similar to the concept photos shown, the production version of the new WT edition will feature mis-matched body panels in most factory colors. A new matte clear coated "distressed" primer finish unique to the WT package will also be randomly applied to various panels using a new patented paint process at the Ontario, Canada production facility. Wheels will include a variety of up to 3 different 20” styles randomly installed on the production line as well. Attention was paid to assure that wheel weights were all different to assure a genuine WT driving experience that Camaro loyalists will expect.

“We are able to create these unique cars pretty easily in our plant by simply changing the computer programming on the line. We mix up the wheels, doors, hoods, and other body panels randomly and bolt them on. Every car will be different, further making the WT package more desirable to our customers,” said our inside source. Each WT Camaro will come with a numbered plaque on the console, though GM is not planning to limit production.

2010 Camaro

Inside, the WT package will feature a unique leatherette upholstery with pre-printed tears and duct tape patches. The Camaro design team wanted to use genuine duct tape for seating surfaces but they found durability issues that might create warranty hassles. In addition GM worked with 3M to create the new leatherette material which is resistent to minor burns caused by a cigarette cherry for example.

A roll of genuine GM logo duct tape will come in the trunk of every WT Camaro to allow customers to customize their car however. There will also be a selection of “heritage” graphics packages buyers can have dealer installed to further personalize their Camaro.

Other standard items in the package include the smokers group which replaces cup holders with a large ashtray. Inside the console storage compartment is a cooler that can hold a six pack of 12oz cans. An enlarged locking glove box with thick foam floor will now accommodate most handguns and an extra ammunition clip without rattling around.

“This is the ****ing ****”, said Toby Van Sander, a long time Camaro owner and enthusiast we spoke to in Tennessee. “It’s a ****ing badd-*** ride man! Chevy rules and Ford sucks! Found On Road Dead, yep this new Camaro is gonna kick some serious Mustang ***! Whoo hoo! **** yeah!" The sentiment seems to be unanimous across the group of Camaro owners and enthusiasts who are stoked that Chevrolet has creating this special edition just for them.

The package price is pretty steep at $1885, but that is the price of individuality (Holden badge optional). GM says it expects most buyers will pair the WT package with the V6 Camaro to save on both the purchase price and insurance costs. Inside market research showed that most potential buyers are sensitive to vehicle and insurance prices due to challenged driving records, child-support, court ordered debt repayments, and other legal encumbrances.

Asked if he was going to buy one Van Sander said, “**** an A! I sure as ****ing plan to as soon as I can afford one. “ He laughed casually and added, “That car is gonna take a lot of ****ing gas station robberies……just kidding.” Our calls to Ford Motor Company asking how they planned to respond to this new competitive threat to the 2010 Mustang were not answered.

Falc'man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2010, 02:13 AM   #2
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Man that's funny.
Are there any other cars that they've done this to??
Old 31-03-2010, 02:16 AM   #3
snappy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What the hell its a bit early for a april first . I had a good chuckle though
snappy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2010, 09:58 AM   #4
ZA-289
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

They can't be serious.
ZA-289 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2010, 10:10 AM   #5
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

bahaahah White Trash..

But where's the Dashboard Jesus??
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2010, 10:24 AM   #6
Chilliman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Can't wait to see what local GM arm, Holden, do for the Commodore

"Torque is the new horsepower"
Chilliman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2010, 10:44 AM   #7
DABOSS
BA Black Edition

And I suppose the South will rise again.
Old 31-03-2010, 10:50 AM   #8
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Hmmmm.

A day early it would seem, 31 days in March remember
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2010, 12:59 PM   #9
auxr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Bummer - someone always leaks the details. I've already pre-ordered, and being one of their first customers, my optioned package was updated to also include the fake vomit and plastic doggie do do's, that when accurately placed on the dash, floor or window will provide the ultimate optioned interior set up.

pps - this list also includes the option of either having a Chev, GMH, H#lden or a Ford badge to place on front grill.
auxr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2010, 01:11 PM   #10
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilliman
Re-release VN, lowered by 4 inches with steel wheels, and a similiar color scheme to the Camaro.

I think a huge Tacho on the dash would be part of the package also...
Fordman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2010, 01:15 PM   #11
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barraxr8
Re-release VN, lowered by 4 inches with steel wheels, and a similiar color scheme to the Camaro.

I think Holden are running displays at Noble Park Maccas.
Old 31-03-2010, 03:33 PM   #12
SM1DY
LIKE A BOSS 351

Quote:
“This is the ****ing ****”, said Toby Van Sander, a long time Camaro owner and enthusiast we spoke to in Tennessee. “It’s a ****ing badd-*** ride man! Chevy rules and Ford sucks! Found On Road Dead, yep this new Camaro is gonna kick some serious Mustang ***! Whoo hoo! **** yeah!"
Well there it is, definitive conformation that Chevrolet is top dog, from a reliable red-neck, trailer trash, country bumpkin source. :baby bott
SM1DY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2010, 11:24 PM   #13
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Haha Russ, if it was meant for an April 1st joke it would have been (and still is, actually :Up_to_som ) a good idea to fool those somewhere on a GM forum. You can't fool this mob.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barraxr8
Re-release VN (with VY HSV front and rear bumpers), lowered by 4 inches with steel wheels, and a similiar color scheme to the Camaro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt
I think Holden are running displays at Noble Park Maccas.
Gold!

Barra, I modified your post
Falc'man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2010, 04:14 AM   #14
BFZ Wagon
Formerly All Wheel Drive

That's hilarious.. I can actually see that happening with local GM cars.. Oh wait.. It already does.
It's funny ya know, everytime I see a GM or Holwoo crappadore product.. I get the Area 7 song 'Nobody likes a bogan' stuck in my head..I have nooo idea why? ;) :
Old 01-04-2010, 10:39 AM   #15
bigdude1011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilliman
They'd probably place a Chevrolet badge and Altezza lights on it, along with a cheap-looking, fake HSV bodykit.
bigdude1011 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2010, 10:56 AM   #16
gtxb67
moderator ford coupe club

Quote:
Originally Posted by auxr
pps - this list also includes the option of either having a Chev, GMH, H#lden or a Ford badge to place on front grill.
what about a hogster badge
gtxb67 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2010, 01:03 PM   #17
auxr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtxb67
what about a hogster badge

Tried to find it on the option list - but disclaimer said hogster badge was too cheesy even for this product, though a mandatory half eaten quarter pounder decomposing in the back was the next best thing.
auxr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2010, 02:12 PM   #18
351@GT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

someone else thought it was a good idea too.
photo shopped also?
351@GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2010, 02:40 PM   #19
drone

VW actually has a big involvement in the car show/tuning scene overseas. They actually ended up releasing this from factory

"Volkswagen originally created the Design series to tour at International Auto shows. Due to the huge public response of the original four Design series, 60 more were produced. Eventually, 275 were produced. Harlequins were produced by building four Golfs of different colors and swapping panels

During the 1990s, Volkswagen sponsored three high-profile rock bands' European tours, and issued a special-edition Golf, with distinctive exterior markings, for each: the Golf Pink Floyd Edition (1994), the Golf Rolling Stones Edition (1995), and the Golf Bon Jovi Edition (1996)."
drone is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2010, 06:03 PM   #20
Bossxr8
Peter Car

It will also come with a shovel, and the boot already covered in removable plastic sheet, so the muderer/owner doesn't have to do it themselves.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2010, 06:17 PM   #21
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 351@GT
someone else thought it was a good idea too.
I expect a car like that to roll up to a kid's birthday party with about 15 clowns and an elephant inside.

Don't snap my undies.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2010, 08:29 PM   #22
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Any car that comes with a copy of Iron Maiden's S/T is awesome IMO.

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post