Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 29-03-2010, 08:07 PM   #31
duaned
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
A long time ago in a galaxy far far away the was car enthusiast, lets call him Richard Moffatt.

Now Richard is a blue blooded Ford enthusiast. He always buys Ford Falcons because Ford Falcon is king of the road.
He hates Holden with a vengance. He has never actually owned a holden and when ever any holden enthusiasts speak of features of thier holdens he refuses to listen and just abuses them because they are holdens and Ford is best.

One day Ford announced that they were dropping the V8. Richard was livid. Especially as Holden had V8s. But when it was time to buy a new car he bought a 6 cylinder manual Falcon.

Then Ford dropped the manual transmission. Richard what not happy. But when it was time to buy a new car he bought an auto Falcon because he was a Falcon man.

Then Ford changed to FWD. Richard spewed. But when it was time to buy a new car he bought an auto FWD Falcon because he was a Falcon man.

Then Ford closed Broadmeadows and opened a factory in China where they made RHD mondeos but badged than as Falcon. Richard was apoplectic. But when it was time to buy a new car he bought an auto FWD chinese Falcon because he was a Falcon man.

So finally Richard decided to do something about it. He drove his FWD 4 cylinder Falcon hatchback into the city to visit Fords Corporate Headquarters (a small serviced office as everything was now in China), parked his auto FWD chinese Falcon between two manual RWD V8 commodores and stormed up into the office of the General Manager and screamed at him "WHY DID YOU MAKE THE FALCON A FWD AUTO CHINESE HATCHBACK INSTEAD OF A MANUAL V8 RWD STORTS SALOON YOU BASTARD?"

To which the General Manager replied, "Because you kept buying them so you must have agreed with what we did. If you had started to buy Holdens because they were RWD V8 manuals we would have made them too as we want you to buy our cars but if no one from the public tells us what to make we have to listen to our 'experts'. So it is your fault".

And that boys and girls is why we have so many speed cameras.......
Yawn!
duaned is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2010, 08:16 PM   #32
duaned
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV GT
Why do the motoring public accept badly aligned panels, creaks and moans from interior fitout, and the like, as well as excuses such as "it’s within tolerance"? (not brand specific both Ford and h&lden)
When and why has this been allowed to happen?
Complaints are made, and I guess depending upon your tenacity and reserve for following it through, the situation maybe resolved. Why have we got to this state?

BA owners accept driveline shunt. Why? Because its within tolerances.
I was in a 20 year old BMW a while back, over 170k on the clock, no bangs moans or creaks. Only ever had the fluids changed.

In addition, unfortunately this is only part of the rot that we in Australia "put" up with.

LCD TV’s give out 13 months after purchase…sorry no warranty.
First model Phillips 104cm scart TV's still going strong 17 years after purchase.

Why have we become acceptable to this ????

Regards
Paul

Couldn't agree more. And yet again, we allow the manufacturers to continue to make a rubbish product by us continuously buying it. Banks and their fees and interest on interest charges are another one. Why don't people simply change to another institution so they get the message? Thank christ there are better products, more customer and fee friendly organisations to choose from out their in our sometimes cruel world.
duaned is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2010, 08:25 PM   #33
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

If I watch TV it seems that saying something bad about speed cameras makes you stupid, uniformed and speed cameras save live.....the job is done and Australians are conditioned that speed cameras are the only way to save lives.

Oh and Flappist I would have switched makes when the manual was discontinued.
Old 29-03-2010, 09:51 PM   #34
Revolver
Big Member
Donating Member1

Well after re-reading flappists post, I get it now. Why do we accept this?

We do, but DEEP DOWN, we dont want to. We know if one person stands against it they will be pulled down. Why? Because DEEP DOWN after that feeling of doing something that is within our beliefs, we also have the FEAR of being pulled down, and/or not being supported. If you reading this & do agree with flappist, (if you are posting I assume you do), but dont agree with what I've said, then why havent YOU done anything about this??? (I'm in this catergory too)

However, really flappist, I dont want to sound negative, what will this thread do mate? We can whinge, whine complain, & debate, but without action, this wont be going anywhere. So, if your going to step up to the plate & start something in light of this thread then I'm with you, or stuff it, I might just start it myself. But guys, it has to be more than just us two.

However without support as a GROUP no one will listen to me/you. Is that what your calling for?

BBII

P.S. It has to be a bloody big group though!
/////Alpine Sound.
EBGT Momo Woodgrain Steering Wheel
The Scarlet Fairlane Build Thread

Project "White Knight"
93 ED XR6
ROH Alloys
Momo wheel
Cruise
Sunroof
Premo Sound
Manual
HO Goodies
PWK Build Thread

1990 Yamaha FZR 250: 59000ks & climbing. New fairing, old tank, my angry mosquito in a coffee tin! 14.977 1/4mile.

Last edited by Revolver; 29-03-2010 at 10:08 PM.
Revolver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2010, 10:33 PM   #35
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Beast II
Well after re-reading flappists post, I get it now. Why do we accept this?

We do, but DEEP DOWN, we dont want to. We know if one person stands against it they will be pulled down. Why? Because DEEP DOWN after that feeling of doing something that is within our beliefs, we also have the FEAR of being pulled down, and/or not being supported. If you reading this & do agree with flappist, (if you are posting I assume you do), but dont agree with what I've said, then why havent YOU done anything about this??? (I'm in this catergory too)

However, really flappist, I dont want to sound negative, what will this thread do mate? We can whinge, whine complain, & debate, but without action, this wont be going anywhere. So, if your going to step up to the plate & start something in light of this thread then I'm with you, or stuff it, I might just start it myself. But guys, it has to be more than just us two.

However without support as a GROUP no one will listen to me/you. Is that what your calling for?

BBII

P.S. It has to be a bloody big group though!
Maybe think about how this may apply to a real life situation, you know, some situation where your favorite is not doing what you want and is gradually causing you more and more disappointment and despite your overwhelming devotion you have to do something to get their attention....... for example a STATE ELECTION...........
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2010, 10:43 PM   #36
Revolver
Big Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Maybe think about how this may apply to a real life situation, you know, some situation where your favorite is not doing what you want and is gradually causing you more and more disappointment and despite your overwhelming devotion you have to do something to get their attention....... for example a STATE ELECTION...........
But (correct me if I'm wrong), havent you noticed that most of the time, the opposition never really changes what the previous government has put in place? (workchoices is an exception), so it doesnt really matter....... The new government is just looking at the bottom line & the money rolling in.
/////Alpine Sound.
EBGT Momo Woodgrain Steering Wheel
The Scarlet Fairlane Build Thread

Project "White Knight"
93 ED XR6
ROH Alloys
Momo wheel
Cruise
Sunroof
Premo Sound
Manual
HO Goodies
PWK Build Thread

1990 Yamaha FZR 250: 59000ks & climbing. New fairing, old tank, my angry mosquito in a coffee tin! 14.977 1/4mile.
Revolver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2010, 11:25 PM   #37
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Quote:
Another option as you're a QLDer is to start an e-petition on the QLD govt site. Would take some work to garner support amongst like minded people but if you get a significant following it can make a statement.
cs123 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2010, 12:35 AM   #38
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Beast II
But (correct me if I'm wrong), havent you noticed that most of the time, the opposition never really changes what the previous government has put in place? (workchoices is an exception), so it doesnt really matter....... The new government is just looking at the bottom line & the money rolling in.
You are kidding right?

Do a little bit of research....

You live here in QLD. How many times has emergency services been re-organised? The electoral boundaries? The local government boundaries?
Speed limits? P plates on cars? Gun licenses? Electricity? Water? Education? Health? Corrective services? Transport Department?

Do you need more.......
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2010, 12:47 AM   #39
Scott

Quote:
Because doing something is better than doing nothing right? Now, where are those deck chairs.....
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2010, 08:57 AM   #40
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
You are kidding right?

You live here in QLD. How many times has emergency services been re-organised? The electoral boundaries? The local government boundaries?
Speed limits? P plates on cars? Gun licenses? Electricity? Water? Education? Health? Corrective services? Transport Department?

Do you need more.......

Very nice original post and a great fable.
Pity it took some so long to understand it. :monkes:
Adding on from what you've said already, think boat people.

Quote: