Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 21-02-2010, 02:23 AM   #1
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thumbs up Ford Fiesta Titanium

Ford Fiesta Titanium

Experience the power of seduction with the all new Fiesta Titanium. This is sumptuous, contemporary luxury at its finest. With functionality to match its impressive form, the all new Fiesta Titanium offers a superior level of technical innovation normally reserved for much bigger cars.
New Fiesta Titanium

Key Features of the Ford Fiesta Titanium (additional to the Ford Fiesta Zetec)

* 16" 15-spoke alloy wheels
* Cruise control
* Power-operated folding door mirrors
* Privacy glass
* Electronic Automatic Temperature Control (EATC)
* Automatic headlamps
* Automatic wipers
* Two rear speakers
* Perimeter alarm

I cann't see it coming here, but would be nice !!!!
More info Ford UK site

Old 21-02-2010, 12:09 PM   #2
etht26
Starter Motor

leather seats sounds good :
Old 21-02-2010, 12:27 PM   #3
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Seeing as we get some of that already on our Zetec, it would make the Titanium a little less exclusive. When I first read the post I was devastated, I wanted the Power Fold Mirrors, Auto-Headlights, Rain-Sensing Wipers and Ford Power starter button and thought this was an official announcement from Ford. But I'm happy with the manual features on my car, seriously it's not hard to turn the headlights on haha, and the fact it's built in Germany. Still, I would have loved a Titanium spec.
Old 21-02-2010, 02:02 PM   #4
GoesLikeAZetec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

same as danny....

can we ask europarts to send us rear seat covers to cover the metal on the back of the seats? i reckon everyone would want a set!
GoesLikeAZetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2010, 06:53 PM   #5
vegabass
BASS ON BOARD!

Thats about as special as a "limited edition" FPV. Some stickers, wheels, and stitching on the seats. yay.

The only thing that interests me in that list is the "EATC" AKA Climate control.

Leather seats and a re map of the ecu would make it more attactive.
Old 21-02-2010, 07:24 PM   #6
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegabass
Thats about as special as a "limited edition" FPV. Some stickers, wheels, and stitching on the seats. yay.

The only thing that interests me in that list is the "EATC" AKA Climate control.

Leather seats and a re map of the ecu would make it more attactive.
That's a whole lot more than a 'sticker special' look at all the additional features, and it does come with leather seats.

Ford needed this model here to begin with. Most of us here have the premium Zetec model, and with people moving to smaller cars they still want all the features, just better fuel economy and more size savvy. I would have got one.
Old 22-02-2010, 01:36 PM   #7
vegabass
BASS ON BOARD!

Key Features of the Ford Fiesta Titanium (additional to the Ford Fiesta Zetec)

* 16" 15-spoke alloy wheels - Zetec gets 16" wheels standard
* Cruise control - standard
* Power-operated folding door mirrors - cool but the novelty wears off
* Privacy glass - I have window tint, but slight saving on aftermarket tint.
* Electronic Automatic Temperature Control (EATC) - would be fantastic, Id option it (if the a/c worked better lol)
* Automatic headlamps - cool but is it really hard to turn the current switch
* Automatic wipers - if it’s a cheap system its more hassle than its worth
* Two rear speakers - standard
* Perimeter alarm - Its just a fiesta, not a high performance, highly desired by thieves eg WRX

From goggling pics of the titanium, the leather looks absolutely AWESOME! If I was in charge of the titanium project I would have given the 17" wheel upgrade, leather trim, rear passenger courtesy lights, climate control, an ECU re-map and a few small exterior decals.

What I have listed would be a great seller, the list above is mostly standard or useless after thoughts. I wonder if we could order the leather trims direct form ford UK?
Old 22-02-2010, 01:58 PM   #8
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You have to keep in mind our Zetec is a mish-mash of the Euro models. I think those features would be more than enough to bring the Titanium spec down under. It also comes with Ford Power keyless start and entry sensors. Definitely not a gimmick and very handy. Auto headlights and wipers can be a gimmick, but there's enough call for it to warrant a Titanium spec having it. Power-fold mirrors, would have been my first option if available. Very handy for small streets, and parking.
Old 22-02-2010, 02:46 PM   #9
JClarke
Deaf Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyhilton
Seeing as we get some of that already on our Zetec, it would make the Titanium a little less exclusive. When I first read the post I was devastated, I wanted the Power Fold Mirrors, Auto-Headlights, Rain-Sensing Wipers and Ford Power starter button and thought this was an official announcement from Ford. But I'm happy with the manual features on my car, seriously it's not hard to turn the headlights on haha, and the fact it's built in Germany. Still, I would have loved a Titanium spec.

"Power Fold Mirrors, Auto-Headlights, Rain-Sensing Wipers and Ford Power starter button"

I'm with you, dude. I so want it, but - can't they just intergrate into our available zetec models? :evil3:
Old 22-02-2010, 03:03 PM   #10
vegabass
BASS ON BOARD!

How much would those IMO "unessential" features add to the cost of what is ment to be a small affordable car? surely by the time you add all those bits and bobs your probably better off buying a focus or mazda 3?

Sure the list of what I would option will push the price but at least its all very functional and not just a "hey mate check out my folding mirrors and fancy start button".
Old 22-02-2010, 06:59 PM   #11
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think you're missing the point mate. As people downsize in an effort to cut costs, 'save' the environment and whatever else, while their budget decreases they still expect the same of their car. So someone coming from say a Mondeo sized car would expect the same features in a Fiesta sized vehicle regardless. Offering these 'useless' features offers big car practicality with small car efficiency and maneuverability. The Fiesta has never been much of a first car type of car. Most of these sales go to the likes of the cheap as chips Barina and Getz. These cars are for second cars, downsizes or people who like premium small cars. As it's well noted, many people are choosing the Zetec over the LX or CL, and the same goes overseas. Most people choose the Zetec S or Titanium model, and I think that would be the same here. We don't agree here so best to agree to disagree I think.
Old 23-02-2010, 09:57 AM   #12
vegabass
BASS ON BOARD!

Yep agree to disagree.

Its funny how people think that by buying a small car will result in lower costs.

My EL XR6 is cheaper to run and maintain than the fiesta.
Old 23-02-2010, 11:20 AM   #13
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

I agree that an old Falcon or Commodore is cheaper to own than a new small car but (for example) your EL XR6 is at best 12 years old, so shes been around the block more than a few times, wouldn't do as well in a crash test, misses out on alot of 21st century features (yes some are suspect) & design, and just isn't as 'funky' a product as the Fez.
LeadFoot81 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2010, 05:14 PM   #14
trento
Audiophile

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyhilton
I think you're missing the point mate. As people downsize in an effort to cut costs, 'save' the environment and whatever else, while their budget decreases they still expect the same of their car. So someone coming from say a Mondeo sized car would expect the same features in a Fiesta sized vehicle regardless. Offering these 'useless' features offers big car practicality with small car efficiency and maneuverability. The Fiesta has never been much of a first car type of car. Most of these sales go to the likes of the cheap as chips Barina and Getz. These cars are for second cars, downsizes or people who like premium small cars. As it's well noted, many people are choosing the Zetec over the LX or CL, and the same goes overseas. Most people choose the Zetec S or Titanium model, and I think that would be the same here. We don't agree here so best to agree to disagree I think.
My first was (RIP little Red) and my second car is a fiesta... I guess I should consider myself lucky
Plus I agree with Danny, These features may seem gimicky, but my parent's 407 has all of the auto features plus the folding mirrors, and it just makes driving more simple. You don't have to worry about anything, well except for concentrating on the road of course.

ZOOM ZOOM: 2009 Mazda 3 MPS (2nd gen) 256bhp through the front wheels... hello torque steer!!!
trento is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2010, 07:39 PM   #15
shroomies49

Next thing you know cars will drive themselves....
shroomies49 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2010, 08:22 PM   #16
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by shroomies49
Next thing you know cars will drive themselves....
One of the top of the range Lexus' can reverse park itself, the new Prius can do it too. Soon instead of fighting over manual vs auto, we'll be fighting over manual steering vs the car driving itself/
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2010, 10:41 PM   #17
trento
Audiophile

mmmm, in the peugeot all you have to do is steer, the cruise control is active so it will maintain the distance from the car in front... it will even it stop itself. So freaky!!!

ZOOM ZOOM: 2009 Mazda 3 MPS (2nd gen) 256bhp through the front wheels... hello torque steer!!!
trento is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2010, 11:07 PM   #18
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by trento
mmmm, in the peugeot all you have to do is steer, the cruise control is active so it will maintain the distance from the car in front... it will even it stop itself. So freaky!!!
My boss has a new Titanium Mondeo that does that. Very cool, but even I think that's taking away from driving. The again most people don't like driving and a car is just an A to B thing, so it works for nuff nuffs like that. Cool feature though.
Old 24-02-2010, 05:44 PM   #19
vegabass
BASS ON BOARD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeadFoot81
I agree that an old Falcon or Commodore is cheaper to own than a new small car but (for example) your EL XR6 is at best 12 years old, so shes been around the block more than a few times, wouldn't do as well in a crash test, misses out on alot of 21st century features (yes some are suspect) & design, and just isn't as 'funky' a product as the Fez.

Well, sure my XR6 has about 130k has never given me any dramas, fun to drive, easy to source parts and they are cheap. I have a range of about 1350kms between LPG and Petrol and the GRUNT. My car has cruise, power steer, trip computer, ABS, central locking, Power windows, REAR passenger lights and cold A/C! ( lol ) etc etc.

I can see the funky side of the fez, hell I own one but just a pain in the a$$ when you try and get a few people in with a baby seat and then have to rev its little heart out just to get the thing moving, while the wife is yelling at you "STOP REVVING THE CRAP OUT OF MY CAR AND DRIVING LIKE YOUR SOME FAILED V8 SUPER-CAR RACER!"

I think ill bail on this thread, I'm more performance based with the essential mods cons balance, but not interested in the marketing extras.
Old 24-02-2010, 06:18 PM   #20
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I tired to not comment but I can't help myself. I have the Fiesta, and my company car is an FG Falcon. As I drive both about the same distance each week this is a fair call. The Falcon is using 9.8 L/100km and the Fiesta 5.7 L/100km. Insurance, registration, fuel bill, pretty much everything is cheaper on the Fiesta apart from servicing costs which on last check is slightly more than a Falcon. Considering the Fiesta is still not a high seller, I can deal with the latter.

Expecting a Fiesta to do everything a Falcon does just as well is ignorant. I can easily fit four decent sized adults, and five at a squeeze, but if it's long drives or carting people your want, yes, that's why Ford have the Falcon. The Fiesta may only have a small engine, but it's got the most power in it's class, equal to the Jazz VTi. For what it is, it's bloody amazing. Call it marketing ploys, I call it connivence.
Old 25-02-2010, 10:55 AM   #21
JClarke
Deaf Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegabass
Well, sure my XR6 has about 130k has never given me any dramas, fun to drive, easy to source parts and they are cheap. I have a range of about 1350kms between LPG and Petrol and the GRUNT. My car has cruise, power steer, trip computer, ABS, central locking, Power windows, REAR passenger lights and cold A/C! ( lol ) etc etc.

I can see the funky side of the fez, hell I own one but just a pain in the a$$ when you try and get a few people in with a baby seat and then have to rev its little heart out just to get the thing moving, while the wife is yelling at you "STOP REVVING THE CRAP OUT OF MY CAR AND DRIVING LIKE YOUR SOME FAILED V8 SUPER-CAR RACER!"

I think ill bail on this thread, I'm more performance based with the essential mods cons balance, but not interested in the marketing extras.

Persude the wife to chuck in the supercharger and then you'll love it more ;)
Old 25-02-2010, 11:13 AM   #22
WASP
Whipple Induced

A bit more luxury is always nice, but if they got rid of the 1.4 engine + 4 speed auto and upgraded this with a more suitable combination I would be a lot happier. Bloody nice little car besides that.

After owning a Zetec for almost a year now the performance and economy (or lack of) in this model (auto only) is rediculous:
Old 25-02-2010, 12:27 PM   #23
partsguy
Fan of torque steer

interestingly Ford AUS have registered 'FIESTA TITANIUM' as seen here
2015 LZ Focus ST, Frozen white with tech pack. Mountune intercooler, intake, Mountune sports cat, Mountune cat-back and Cobb stage 3 tune. FSwerks short shift and the best performance upgrade yet - Michelin Pilot Sport 4's. Quaife LSD.
partsguy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2010, 04:58 PM   #24
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Seeing as the first video on the Thai site is a video of the Titanium model (taken from Europe) I guess they might be making the Titanium model. While I hope they do, I'll be kinda unhappy as I wanted a Titanium to begin with. But if it helps Fiesta sales, bring it on