Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 18-01-2010, 02:10 PM   #1
monkeymojo
Starter Motor

Default does anyone know much about hilux's and interchangeable parts???

im looking at buying an old 84 2wd hilux.
Its a bit rough and wanted to spend a few $$ to tidy it up for a daily.
Looking at chrome front ends, can anyone tell me which model will pretty much go on to an 84 hilux?
any other help would be much appreciated

monkeymojo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2010, 06:16 PM   #2
Bmobile
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

84-86 lux are same shape. Dont know if the hilux surf import goes that early they may be different if they do. The surf seats which have a heap of adjustment and are more comfy may fit { bolt straigt in******** I know my 93 they do.

I would look at the 4runner and surf in that year and see what they offer that will change over as they are more upperclass than the UTE.
Bmobile is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2010, 07:29 PM   #3
Airmon
King of the Fairy's.

4runner and Surf are mostly different from memory. a Surf chrome front wont fit.

You can get aftermarket chrome fronts. the 4by guards look great on them aswell. Most stuff between 4by and 2WD are interchangeable. I havnt started to look at newer lux' yet so not entirely sure what fits. I've been told the power steer box out of an early 90s model will fit but cant say I've tried it.
Airmon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2010, 10:18 PM   #4
Alby1
you'd be popular too

Yeah all the 4wd guard look good on a 2wd as they bulge out more over the wheels

A link to my old ute it was a 94 but you get the idea

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11255195

Al
Alby1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2010, 10:38 PM   #5
GUTLES
Adam.

Why not look at a early 90's Hilux? They look alot better IMO & wouldn't cost much more?

We've got an 85 & 96 in our graveyard @ work, the 96 looks like a Mini Truck in the making lol.

2007 BF Mk2 Winter White E-Gas Wagon, 6 Seater.

2002 AU3 XR6, Liquid Silver, Manual, Sunroof, LPG, Rebel Kit, BA GTP's, Momo Steering Wheel & Gear Knob.
GUTLES is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2010, 10:40 PM   #6
cheek
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

www.downundertruckin.com for all you minitruckin needs
I think ford falcon wheels fit on them too
cheek is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2010, 11:51 PM   #7
Yaw
Ford Fanatic

Don't know if this will help at all but Hilux Surfs and Ford Raiders are esentially he same car.
Old 19-01-2010, 10:28 AM   #8
monkeymojo
Starter Motor

thanks guys.

Yeah, wanna do the chrome front with 4wd guards, thats mainly what my query is about. What ive looked for chrome fronts thay all say 88 - 94 etc. Just want to know what i can put on a 84 without too much hassle.

did look at later models, but at this stage theres not too much around, especially in SA for my budget - wanna use the hilux for landscaping. I sold my custom ef xr for $7 and kinda wanna use some of that towards the house.

im looking at a simple 84 sr5 model which has been resprayed in deep blue, is straight, clean interior and the guy only wants $1650.
monkeymojo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2010, 07:27 PM   #9
Airmon
King of the Fairy's.

I've got an 85 and plan on doing the same, Chrome grille and bumper and 4by guards.
I haven't looked yet but I've seen chrome bumpers for the previous model up to 83. They are repo items. Im sure there would be minitruck places out there that sell them.
Airmon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post