Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 02-01-2010, 03:29 PM   #1
4VCLEVO
XA GT

Default Heater is stuck on?

The heater tap has no vacume to it causing the heater to be on.
Where does the heater tap get its vacume from?
Where does the other end of the other end of the heater tap hose go?
I have the dash facier off, but can't see anything obvious wrong.
Car is a s1 XR6.

Last edited by 4VCLEVO; 02-01-2010 at 03:36 PM.
4VCLEVO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2010, 10:37 PM   #2
chief
FTF Club Moderator

There is a vacuum line that goes to a vacuum switch. The switch is located behind the washer bottle on the passangers side of the engine bay. You can see a few vacuum lines heading that direction due to the I6 intake manifold's variable length runners. From the switch it goes in through the firewall next to the wiring loom. Inside the cabin it goes to the blower fan and to the control switch.

Does anything else vacuum operated work? Such as variable length intake runners, blower fan direction, brake booster. Does the engine miss and carry on due to a possible vacuum leak?

Falcon Tickford FPV (FTF) Car Club of NSW

Fords in the Park 2010

I use and recommend Stingray Car Security.
http://www.stingraycar.com.au/
chief is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2010, 02:33 AM   #3
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4VCLEVO
The heater tap has no vacume to it causing the heater to be on.
Where does the heater tap get its vacume from?
Where does the other end of the other end of the heater tap hose go?
I have the dash facier off, but can't see anything obvious wrong.
Car is a s1 XR6.
mine went on the blink a couple of weeks ago , i have`nt got around to fixing it just yet, i bought the vacumm valve/switch $22.00 from bayford to have a go at it then realised it was the the one off the vent control not the tempreture one that i bought :(, i was`nt 100% sure that s the problem but everything else is working and i`m getting a slight hiss from the temp control on certain settings (mostly full cold and one or 2 cliks closer to hot), temporarily i cable tied the heater valve shut so there`s no heat till i can have a tinker, that temp control valve/switch can be completley pulled apart with care and a small flat screw driver if i remember correctly, i think yours would be the same as mine.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2010, 11:59 AM   #4
4VCLEVO
XA GT

Thanks for the replys.

Quote:
temporarily i cable tied the heater valve shut so there`s no heat till i can have a tinker,
I also did the cable tie trick, as I had pulled the dash apart to check the controls but it all looked ok.

Quote:
There is a vacuum line that goes to a vacuum switch. The switch is located behind the washer bottle on the passangers side of the engine bay. You can see a few vacuum lines heading that direction due to the I6 intake manifold's variable length runners. From the switch it goes in through the firewall next to the wiring loom. Inside the cabin it goes to the blower fan and to the control switch.
Thanks, I noticed the lines and just asumed that they all went inside the cabin so compleatly mised the vacume switch, that will be the next thing I check.
Yes other vacume operated things are still working, except the air selector switch doesn't seem to make air go to your feet but all other settings on the switch work.
There are no hissing noises under the dash when the car is going so it would be safe to asume there aren't any vac leaks.
Old 04-01-2010, 03:28 PM   #5
4VCLEVO
XA GT

So i checked the vacume at the switch behind the washer bottle and all is good there and I know I have vaccume at the controles in the cabin.
I did notice somthing else yeasterday, on the back of the vent control swith there is a spot for another vac hose but nothing is atached to it, I couldn't see any hoses lose in the dash so I assume that it's suposed to be like that?
I am still at a lose at where the problem is.