Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 25-12-2009, 07:22 PM   #61
cosmo20btt
Fordaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtxb67
not really - the monaro that ran was nothing like standard. it may have been close to the w427, but that was not yet a car and from memory, it looks nothing like the one that raced
also i am happy to be proved wrong, but the monaro was playing on an unlevel field. to my understanding all of the other nation cup cars were fairly close to what was available on the showroom floor. the monaro though never had a 427 at the time
There was a little mystery at the time, welcome to be corrected on this but I thought Holden said it was going to do a small batch run with the 427 I think for that particular race. In the end I suppose they did build it, a couple of years later.
cosmo20btt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-12-2009, 07:31 PM   #62
gtxb67
moderator ford coupe club

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmo20btt
There was a little mystery at the time, welcome to be corrected on this but I thought Holden said it was going to do a small batch run with the 427 I think for that particular race. In the end I suppose they did build it, a couple of years later.
that is true, but all of the other cars it was racing against were actual cars - the 427 was not a vehicle at the time and took many years to become one

to my understanding, it was not a sports sedan formula but a formula based on high performance exotics of which the 427 monaro was not one at the time
gtxb67 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-12-2009, 07:50 PM   #63
stevz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUF_302
New Monaro's are just two door commys, if you want a real one get a HG/HT GTS
And the old Monaros were just two door Kingswoods, so what's the difference?
stevz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-12-2009, 07:54 PM   #64
gtxb67

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevz
And the old Monaros were just two door Kingswoods, so what's the difference?
while they did nothing for me - they virtually looked the same from any angle at 100 metres, at least as some have suggested, they were a pillar less couple the current ones have just had their rear doors welded up and their rear windows glued shut
Old 25-12-2009, 11:08 PM   #65
Chopped
as in chopped

Forget Holden / What will be the most collectible Ford since they re-introduced the V8 ?
Old 25-12-2009, 11:57 PM   #66
Saraco

The 427 MONARO entered by GRM/HOLDEN MOTORSPORT, was a sham! Those things had hardly anything production based about them. There are still other teams seething about that BATHURST 24HR scam of a victory! Those cars were shells over tube frame nothing remotely production based! Plenty of people, walked into their friendly local holden dealer pluncked their money down and bought one of those things!! YEAH RIGHT!!!! Those things should have NEVER been allowed to race, the Bathurst 24HR lost ALL credibility after that, DAMN CHEATS!
Saraco is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-12-2009, 11:59 PM   #67
data_mine
GT-P With An Ego
Donating Member2

Holdens ways of winning...

- Cheat
- Can't beat 'em, buy 'em

Ford Performance Club of ACT
data_mine is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-12-2009, 12:32 AM   #68
Chopped
as in chopped

Loopholes are loopholes and many brands have taken advantage of them to great effect.

The race car was based on the HRT427 concept and loopholes in the rules allowed it to compete. It dominated the 24hr Bathurst event two years running and showed what was possible (Aussie car wise) with some proper engineering and a big V8.

As for the HRT427 about 80 deposits were taken but prices blew out and the HRT427 didn't happen. The W427 was the toned down result.

Mmmmm 7 litres..drool...anyway back to the topic. (As you can guess I love big capacity V8's (anybrand))
Old 26-12-2009, 02:01 AM   #69
gtxb67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopped
Loopholes are loopholes and many brands have taken advantage of them to great effect.
it seems that holden are allowed many more loop holes than ford. the a9x was allowed to race before it legally should have been and yet ford's bonnet scoop in the same year was not allowed - two different rules for each manufacturer

and regarding the nations cup, i have no doubt that the rules would never have been bent like they were if ford was claiming to build a big block ho

holden and the powers that be are cheats - always have been and always will be - and most of their team owners are not much better
Old 26-12-2009, 02:27 AM   #70
Chopped
as in chopped

Quote:
.......if ford was claiming to build a big block ho......
If only they had the balls.....
----------------------------

The last 10 years of V8 supercar championships has each brand at 5 all.

Anyway back to the topic, yes I believe the Monaro will out perform the XR8 resale wise.

Last edited by Chopped; 26-12-2009 at 02:32 AM.
Chopped is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-12-2009, 10:26 PM   #71
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by svov88
The 427 MONARO entered by GRM/HOLDEN MOTORSPORT, was a sham! Those things had hardly anything production based about them. There are still other teams seething about that BATHURST 24HR scam of a victory! Those cars were shells over tube frame nothing remotely production based! Plenty of people, walked into their friendly local holden dealer pluncked their money down and bought one of those things!! YEAH RIGHT!!!! Those things should have NEVER been allowed to race, the Bathurst 24HR lost ALL credibility after that, DAMN CHEATS!
It was basically a V8 Supercar. Even had a Hollinger gearbox, V8SC brakes and whatever gear Garry Rodgers had laying around the workshop that he could take from V8SC and fit. Was a total farce, all the cars it competed against were essentially road cars with rollcages, suspension mods and other minor upgrades, whereas the 427 was basically built from the ground up as a racecar.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-12-2009, 10:53 PM   #72
Saraco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
It was basically a V8 Supercar. Even had a Hollinger gearbox, V8SC brakes and whatever gear Garry Rodgers had laying around the workshop that he could take from V8SC and fit. Was a total farce, all the cars it competed against were essentially road cars with rollcages, suspension mods and other minor upgrades, whereas the 427 was basically built from the ground up as a racecar.
Exactly!Also, have you noticed that the 24HR concept fizzed out after that, people switched off!
Old 26-12-2009, 11:28 PM   #73
Rev28K
re

Location: Victoria - where being slow & incompetent is considered being "safe"

There was an article in The Age today (written by David Morley so there is a strong element of fiction involved) on possible future collectables that may eventually be worth something and amongst the Fiat X1/9, Nissan 200SX (S15), Honda Integra Type R (DC2), original Subaru WRX and original 1.6 litre Mazda MX5 they listed ...... the Holden Monaro (Commodore coupe).

They mentioned that the W427 should go up in value (I agree) even if it it is too expensive at the moment (agree) and that the CV8 versions of the Monaro will be a future collectable.

Personally I wouldn't mind any of them in my garage.

I know a guy who has plenty of cars (VW R50, Porsche 911 GT3, BMW M3, Toyota Celica GT4 Carlos Sainz, Honda S2000, etc and he had to get a Monaro CV8Z because of the looks and appeal)

and the nations cup 427 Monaro was a joke of a production car (wouldn't mind owning the one that escaped Holdens clutches though)
Scuderia Rev: Otto the tow pig - 2007 3.0 litre Coupé, vernünftig schnelle aber kein peilstab, Bathurst 2007 und 2010 zwölf Stunde Gewinner Jaffa the angry ant - mid 70's Honda 市民の, 73 と立方インチ LSD Elle "the body" shell - early 70's Datsun フェアレディ coupe. いい体は彼女の内側、内側と土台を待つ
Rev28K is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-12-2009, 12:54 PM   #74
Chopped
as in chopped

WHAT WILL BE THE MOST COLLECTIBLE FORD since they re-introduced the V8 ?

Anyone ? - I'm guessing maybe the GT(any year/any sticker specials inc) but I think the dark horse will be the F6 R-spec.

Just as Ford had the most desired and collectible cars of the seventies I do believe Holden now has that mantle for the noughties.

All you guys/girls just b.i.t.c.h about Holden doing this, Holden doing that...cry cry cry...almost like a Holden obsession....I thought this was a Ford forum !!
Old 27-12-2009, 01:37 PM   #75
gtxb67

Quote:
All you guys/girls just b.i.t.c.h about Holden doing this, Holden doing that...cry cry cry...almost like a Holden obsession....I thought this was a Ford forum !!
some of us are obsessed with the powers that be giving holden everything and ford nothing - thereby not only creating an unfair playing field, but breeding so many more delightful people who stand arm in arm with fellow mob members in their hsv jarmies (it would be a polo shirt, but the last of their dole money was spent on a slab) pouring oil in front of their torry's/commode dore's rear tyres laying some fully shick status lines outside the local mcdonalds
Old 27-12-2009, 01:53 PM   #76
Chopped
as in chopped

Quote:
some of us are obsessed with the powers that be giving holden everything and ford nothing - thereby not only creating an unfair playing field, but breeding so many more delightful people who stand arm in arm with fellow mob members in their hsv jarmies (it would be a polo shirt, but the last of their dole money was spent on a slab) pouring oil in front of their torry's/commode dore's rear tyres laying some fully shick status lines outside the local mcdonalds
Fair enough but I think it has reached an obsessive almost paranoid stage.

PS : Holden and Ford both attract bogans !
Old 27-12-2009, 01:58 PM   #77
gtxb67

Quote:
Fair enough but I think it has reached an obsessive almost paranoid stage.

PS : Holden and Ford both attract bogans !
probably quite correct on the first point - unfortunately my memory is too good, and i cannot let some little things go
i guess when you are starved of success, it does become an obsession - and those little things are pivital points in your mind - gee, i have it with not only ford but the western bulldogs - now they are an obsession to me

and the second as well - i do think there is a higher percentage of morons in the holden camp, simply because there are more fans. ford has their share of morons too, just as holden have their share of smart people
Old 27-12-2009, 02:05 PM   #78
FPV+fteT3
Performance Inc.

Quote:
Forget Holden / What will be the most collectible Ford since they re-introduced the V8 ?
Cant understand why you would want to backtrade from an XR8 to something with a kitten or chebbby badge on it?

As for the most collectable it would be a ford performance not hsv mass produced rubbish and the list of ford contenders is too long and if your on this forum you know all the special low build number fords made in the last 10 years.

I'm not biased I love all fords equally

FPV Super Pursuit Build no 0080/91
Lotus Exige S/C S240

Kart Hasse Chassis 100J Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Rental cars, the equipment of choice to get to destinations where 4WDs fear to drive......
FPV+fteT3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-12-2009, 02:21 PM   #79
Chopped
as in chopped

Low build numbers does not guarantee collectibility or the supercharged Aurion would be the most collectible !!
Old 27-12-2009, 02:29 PM   #80
FPV+fteT3
Performance Inc.

Mate your own post says most collectable ford so how does an aurion fit inn?

FPV Super Pursuit Build no 0080/91
Lotus Exige S/C S240

Kart Hasse Chassis 100J Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Rental cars, the equipment of choice to get to destinations where 4WDs fear to drive......
FPV+fteT3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-12-2009, 02:34 PM   #81
gtxb67

Quote:
Low build numbers does not guarantee collectibility or the supercharged Aurion would be the most collectible !!
nothing guarantees collectibility, but for collectibility to happen, there probably needs to be enthusiasts for the brand and to a lesser extent car
i would think 400 late model cobras would have a much greater level of collectibility than 400?? supercharged aurions. most people my age at least, still perceive ford as a peformance type manufacter. most people perceive toyota as reliable, but boring manufacturer. i think a low number ford (that created passion) would do much better than a low number aurion
the ford may not even need passion from the start - superbirds and goss specials are testament to that. as long as the basic shape is there, the ford fans from 401+ will make do with another type of falcon of the time
Old 27-12-2009, 02:36 PM   #82
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Has anyone noticed the OP hasn't even come back to reply in his own thread?

As for the collectability debate IMO low build numbers doesn't automatically guarantee collectability. The car should also have had some influence on the brand it's from too.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-12-2009, 02:39 PM   #83
Chopped
as in chopped

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV+fteT3
Mate your own post says most collectable ford so how does an aurion fit inn?
Of which you didn't actually answer. ( " oh the list is too long " - lol )

The Aurion was an example that low build numbers can mean that no one wanted the vehicle in the first place.
Old 27-12-2009, 02:48 PM   #84
Chopped
as in chopped

Please tell me the most collectible Ford will not be the "sticker specials" Cobra, 40th Anniversary - as that is LAME (and none of you see that !!!)
Old 27-12-2009, 02:55 PM   #85
gtxb67

Quote:
Please tell me the most collectible Ford will not be the "sticker specials" Cobra, 40th Anniversary - as that is LAME (and none of you see that !!!)
it probably will be, because people can identify with it straight away - and also there are many who would love an xc cobra but cannot get one. in reality the original cobras were just a sticker pack except for 30 of them anyway
personally i would rather a bf gt-p over a bf cobra, but the average earthling would most likely notice a cobra before a gt-p. therefore the popularity of the cobra has probably already put it ahead in collectibility stakes

however, in 30 years time, who knows
Old 27-12-2009, 03:03 PM   #86
Saraco

Quote:
ABSOLUTELY PRICELESS!!
Old 27-12-2009, 03:06 PM   #87
Chopped
as in chopped

Quote:
it probably will be, because people can identify with it straight away - and also there are many who would love an xc cobra but cannot get one. in reality the original cobras were just a sticker pack except for 30 of them anyway
personally i would rather a bf gt-p over a bf cobra, but the average earthling would most likely notice a cobra before a gt-p. therefore the popularity of the cobra has probably already put it ahead in collectibility stakes

however, in 30 years time, who knows
Yes I know what your are saying, they do have that "wow it looks pretty special" look....a shame they didn't whack a big block in it to make it special !
Old 28-12-2009, 03:00 PM   #88
302 XC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

what a good read !!!LOL
the old ford v holden debate and the rage continues LOL
why do people still believe that new cars ,muscle or so called collectibles will be worth big $$$ in 30 or so years ???
i very much doubt that ANY new car will be worth the sort of $$$ or collectibility that the GT falcons,GTS monaros,chargers, GTR-XU1 or any muscle cars from the 60s-70s
these cars are in the blood of nearly all aussies males and females who grew up around them,watched them,or drove them
think back to even the early eighties and young 10 year old boys ,myself included,still stopped in there tracks to watch a GT drive past
the young generation now get off on hyundais with storm water pipe size exhaust
you would only buy the current crop to drive not for collectibility
302 XC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-12-2009, 03:41 PM   #89
Rev28K
re

Location: Victoria - where being slow & incompetent is considered being "safe"

If I was going to hang on to a Monaro it would be the HSV Coupe 4 version or the CV8-Z
Scuderia Rev: Otto the tow pig - 2007 3.0 litre Coupé, vernünftig schnelle aber kein peilstab, Bathurst 2007 und 2010 zwölf Stunde Gewinner Jaffa the angry ant - mid 70's Honda 市民の, 73 と立方インチ LSD Elle "the body" shell - early 70's Datsun フェアレディ coupe. いい体は彼女の内側、内側と土台を待つ
Rev28K is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post