Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 19-11-2009, 09:05 PM   #31
chrisfpv
Browsing here and there..

I have a magnetic one in the front and a plastic one behind my number plate at the back. No problems at all.
chrisfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-11-2009, 10:30 PM   #32
Antwon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have one of those full sticky ones on the front, its fine, you do know your soposed to lick/wet them for them to re-stick?

And on the back i have a suction cap one, but with no suction caps, its just wedged between the parcel shelf and the window, works great.
Old 20-11-2009, 12:39 AM   #33
block58
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Velcro dots:

block58 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-11-2009, 08:17 AM   #34
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Looks like lots of people don't read the thread properly before posting hey ILLaViTaR. Only one person has your answer and thats the P/L plate holders that you buy from the local parts shop or BIG W etc. I believe they are generally a multi fit style holder for the numerous plate styles. They are also easily bendable to adapt to the shape of the car. Made of cheap metal but they only need to last a few years so who cares. P's can then be put and removed easier than any other system and aren't hidden. Always remember to either remove them if leaving the car for any length of time or expect them to be stolen. And carry a spare couple of sets. Good luck.
Old 20-11-2009, 10:43 AM   #35
MercurySilver
Isn't it obvious?
Donating Member1

god damn its been that long i can even remember what type i used.
the windscreen ones i think

do the spin around on the number plate trick
sounded like the best option
MercurySilver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-11-2009, 01:01 PM   #36
bigdude1011

Quote:
Originally Posted by deesun
Looks like lots of people don't read the thread properly before posting hey ILLaViTaR. Only one person has your answer and thats the P/L plate holders that you buy from the local parts shop or BIG W etc. I believe they are generally a multi fit style holder for the numerous plate styles. They are also easily bendable to adapt to the shape of the car. Made of cheap metal but they only need to last a few years so who cares. P's can then be put and removed easier than any other system and aren't hidden. Always remember to either remove them if leaving the car for any length of time or expect them to be stolen. And carry a spare couple of sets. Good luck.
My holders are plastic, bought from a Repco store. It doesn't fit properly unless there are screws on all four corners of the numberplate though.

Even then, I've only seen the holders on cars in NSW and the ACT
bigdude1011 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-11-2009, 12:07 AM   #37
oopsiownaf100
Starter Motor

Stupid laws just to make money. we never had p plates in qld when i was young lol.

my thoughts are to approach this from a different side, find a way to permanaltly fix the plates then cover them when your parents drive them. some people umm who use government vehicles on weekends cover the govy stickers with a white magnet, the same principal may work
oopsiownaf100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-11-2009, 01:50 AM   #38
Coyote mk3
Clutch Cable Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdude1011
My holders are plastic, bought from a Repco store. It doesn't fit properly unless there are screws on all four corners of the numberplate though.

Even then, I've only seen the holders on cars in NSW and the ACT
I would say use these too however use the metal ones, My brother (P's) and me on my L's both have these on our cars and they are very easy to slide in and out and do no damage to the paint at all.

The reason I say metal is that these can be bent into different positions to suit the car. Here are ours, and bigdude1011 you have now seen them on QLD plates too
P.S. suits normal plates better then slimline, shows up bad on the white lol.
HID projectors, lowered on King SL and Koni Shocks.

Daily - 2002 AUIII SR
Stock as she comes.

Coyote's EL XR6

^^Click Me^^

15.132@ 91.51 MPH

Photos by Me https://www.facebook.com/PhotosByMatthewWylie
Coyote mk3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post