Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 22-09-2009, 11:02 PM   #31
Dave R

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Valued contributor especially in the FG threads. Offers help and information to all. Posts are always in a positive manner. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peuty
I saw a cop stop at Maccas for lunch once.
The nightshift coppers are always at Maccas where I live. One night I wanted a McFeast at about 11pm (yeah I'm weird like that), I had to wait with others outside the night-serve window in the freezing cold. A copper turns up, they let him inside the shop, where he casually buys his meal then eats it at one of the tables as if it's part of his job. All this while the rest of us are waiting outside freezing while they give him priority service.

:
Dave R is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2009, 11:17 PM   #32
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrenaline
The nightshift coppers are always at Maccas where I live. One night I wanted a McFeast at about 11pm (yeah I'm weird like that), I had to wait with others outside the night-serve window in the freezing cold. A copper turns up, they let him inside the shop, where he casually buys his meal then eats it at one of the tables as if it's part of his job. All this while the rest of us are waiting outside freezing while they give him priority service.

:
Why shouldn't they? Some of our maccas let us in too. Sometimes it is nice to go inside when you are on nightshift, cold, tired, been dealing with crap all night and still have to be ready to go in a seconds notice. Not just because we have an urge, because we have to eat while we have a chance, otherwise we might not get one.

One night, my partner and I stopped at a servo, we grabbed a pie and drink each and then lined up with everyone else. No one thought to be nice to the tired paramedics and made us wait. We got to one more person left in front of us, code 1 chest pain, had to go. Dropped the stuff on the counter, said sorry to the operator, she said it's ok guys. Then off we went, red and blues going, siren on, we did not get another chance to eat, 13 hours of night shift and no meal :

Shame so many think those that keep them safe don't deserve a bit of special consideration :
Old 22-09-2009, 11:21 PM   #33
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Yeh I don't have issue with emergency services / police getting priority, least you know they aren't going to come in drunk and cause trouble...
2024.50 Mustang GT 10A Grabber Blue Nite Pony Package. Due Aug 24.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2009, 11:24 PM   #34
V3RSAC3
... Fear it!

They'd be one you'd want to pick up from an auction an EX F6. .. No doubt would have SOME work done.?
Chrysler 300C Sedan
SY Territory Ghia
V3RSAC3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2009, 11:26 PM   #35
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfiipursuit
Yeh I don't have issue with emergency services / police getting priority, least you know they aren't going to come in drunk and cause trouble...

Very true, unless they are actually on a bucks party :
Old 22-09-2009, 11:29 PM   #36
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Quote:
Originally Posted by V3RSAC3
They'd be one you'd want to pick up from an auction an EX F6. .. No doubt would have SOME work done.?

They woud be completely stock, but the servicing schedule is extensive.
Old 22-09-2009, 11:39 PM   #37
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Quote:

:
Nothing wrong with that. At least the Maccas staff will know they won't be as drunk as a fart and wanting to cause trouble. I see no issue.

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2009, 11:44 PM   #38
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckoGT
Why shouldn't they? Some of our maccas let us in too. Sometimes it is nice to go inside when you are on nightshift, cold, tired, been dealing with crap all night and still have to be ready to go in a seconds notice. Not just because we have an urge, because we have to eat while we have a chance, otherwise we might not get one.

One night, my partner and I stopped at a servo, we grabbed a pie and drink each and then lined up with everyone else. No one thought to be nice to the tired paramedics and made us wait. We got to one more person left in front of us, code 1 chest pain, had to go. Dropped the stuff on the counter, said sorry to the operator, she said it's ok guys. Then off we went, red and blues going, siren on, we did not get another chance to eat, 13 hours of night shift and no meal :

Shame so many think those that keep them safe don't deserve a bit of special consideration :
People just don't think of stuff like that. I have 10 or so friends who are police, and the number of times I've heard them say that they didn't get to eat at all while on duty, is awful.

Friend had an incident at 2am one morning when she went to fuel a marked police car while in full uniform, and the servo attendant wouldn't let her in. :
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2009, 11:49 PM   #39
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

I have even had an episode on a long and busy shift with no meal where my blood sugar level went down to a point that I was an altered level of consciousness (BSL 2.1 for those that understand). My partner had to give me treatment!

But hey, we are just doing our job and deserve it. How dare we think that we deserve niceties!

Rant over, happy thoughts now.
Old 22-09-2009, 11:51 PM   #40
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
They woud be completely stock, but the servicing schedule is extensive.
They come iwth a bigger battery / alternator too. so you can refit those party lights LOL>
Old 22-09-2009, 11:56 PM   #41
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Probably a very good way to buy an FPV if you do not have to have a brand new one, even without the disco lights.

I wonder if the servicing is a stringent as our ambulance vehicles, they get serviced every month (usually less than 5000km).
Old 22-09-2009, 11:59 PM   #42
V3RSAC3
... Fear it!

I have the disco lights anyway :P ... Ill just take them out of my AU and put them in :P
Chrysler 300C Sedan
SY Territory Ghia
V3RSAC3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-09-2009, 12:00 AM   #43
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Probably a very good way to buy an FPV if you do not have to have a brand new one, even without the disco lights.

I wonder if the servicing is a stringent as our ambulance vehicles, they get serviced every month (usually less than 5000km).
They are over serviced due to the workplace health and safety issues and the kms they do...

They go thru pads quick too, they use even softer pads on these cars, and tyres only last about 9000 kms apparetnly, as they dont run them till wear indicator...
Old 23-09-2009, 12:04 AM   #44
Shockwave Blue
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peuty
I saw a cop stop at Maccas for lunch once.
Did he get fries with that???
Shockwave Blue is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-09-2009, 12:04 AM   #45
Dave R

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Valued contributor especially in the FG threads. Offers help and information to all. Posts are always in a positive manner. 

Quote:

I have no problem with paramedics, they don't hang out at the local Maccas. I said what I said about the copper out of experience in my own area. To everyone else disagreeing with my point - you are correct, but incorrect in terms of my area. You need to see it to believe it when I say they are ALWAYS there. It's not uncommon to drive past at midnight and see 2 or 3 cop cars there with the officers just hanging around, then go past again 40 mins later and see the same coppers still sitting around, getting paid for it. And on top of that, they treat anyone and everyone like garbage. I respect good coppers, but in my area I rarely come across them. I see the same coppers all the time at Maccas just hanging out. It disgusts me that they are getting paid for it.

Then aside from seeing them constantly bludging at Maccas (which, by the way, is given to them for free), some of them dishonour the badge. Too often I am sworn at, accused of things that just don't make sense. For example, last week I was accused of stealing and dumping my own car, then accused of having drugs in the boot, then having the vehicle searched... for absolutely no reason. They swore at me constantly, then I swore (not at them, just in a normal sentence) and they threatened to arrest me for swearing in public. Crooked or what? If I was being an idiot, fine, but can't I park my car in my own area outside my mate's house? They over-abuse their power and it is disappointing, because I run into so many good coppers that are brought down by these bludging a**holes. Another example, I called for police to shut up some idiots having a hugely loud party down the street at 1 in the morning (about 2 months ago). An hour goes by, no coppers arrive. I can't sleep so I drive down to get something to eat and what do I see? Police having a gasbag at Maccas.

But yes, in most cases you are right. I respect coppers, it just disappoints me when I see what goes on in my area.
Old 23-09-2009, 12:09 AM   #46
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Quote:
I have no problem with paramedics, they don't hang out at the local Maccas. I said what I said about the copper out of experience in my own area. To everyone else disagreeing with my point - you are correct, but incorrect in terms of my area. You need to see it to believe it when I say they are ALWAYS there. It's not uncommon to drive past at midnight and see 2 or 3 cop cars there with the officers just hanging around, then go past again 40 mins later and see the same coppers still sitting around, getting paid for it. And on top of that, they treat anyone and everyone like garbage. I respect good coppers, but in my area I rarely come across them. I see the same coppers all the time at Maccas just hanging out. It disgusts me that they are getting paid for it.

Then aside from seeing them constantly bludging at Maccas (which, by the way, is given to them for free), some of them dishonour the badge. Too often I am sworn at, accused of things that just don't make sense. For example, last week I was accused of stealing and dumping my own car, then accused of having drugs in the boot, then having the vehicle searched... for absolutely no reason. They swore at me constantly, then I swore (not at them, just in a normal sentence) and they threatened to arrest me for swearing in public. They over-abuse their power and it is disappointing, because I run into so many good coppers that are brought down by these bludging a**holes. Another example, I called for police to shut up some idiots having a hugely loud party down the street at 1 in the morning (about 2 months ago). An hour goes by, no coppers arrive. I can't sleep so I drive down to get something to eat and what do I see? Police having a gasbag at Maccas.

But yes, in most cases you are right.
Well they must have the best posting in australia. I work with cops every day and I know their workload never allows them to hang around "gasbagging" in fact I have had to wait for a car to become available to help us with a violent psych, trust me they don't make us wait if they can help it.

I might ask to go to your local ambulance station, where are you, sounds like the place to be, I might get fed.
Old 23-09-2009, 12:14 AM   #47
EgoFalcon
The Villan

Not very good experience from coppers I see Adrenaline. You can have my sympathy, I know how that feels.

On the right topic, f6 yea woo!

The PX Ranger has arrived! XLT Metropolitean Grey

Previous Ride - 2007 BF MK II XR6 in Lightning Strike
EgoFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-09-2009, 12:32 AM   #48
Dave R

Quote:
Well they must have the best posting in australia. I work with cops every day and I know their workload never allows them to hang around "gasbagging" in fact I have had to wait for a car to become available to help us with a violent psych, trust me they don't make us wait if they can help it.

I might ask to go to your local ambulance station, where are you, sounds like the place to be, I might get fed.
Right here:

Police station and Maccas are part of the same complex. Never seen an Ambo officer there in my life though, it seems to be exclusively a police leisure. And back to the topic, I'm sure there is an F6 in the police parking lot
Old 23-09-2009, 05:13 PM   #49
b2tf
not here much anymore

Could we get back on topic please.
Old 25-09-2009, 10:20 AM   #50
STHSV8

saw 2 octane FG F6's alongside 2 marked HWP cars near Kings Cross in Sydney the other night. looked like they were setting up an RBT.
STHSV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2009, 10:38 AM   #51
Elks
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
I saw a police car today too...
Rare for Victoria, I thought they had all been replaced by Tennix contractors with camera's.
Old 25-09-2009, 10:58 AM   #52
JClarke
Deaf Driver

Quote:

:
Dude, that's no good. Maccas is a 24 hour service, but have no idea why they wont let people inside after 11pm, I am a staff at a local McDonald's - these police officers comes by to order food, but they dont get it free, they are at 50% off, becuase they are doing their job. For these police officers using specific maccas where they give them free food, is not a good idea. These coppers better get on their *** on catching bad guys, come on!
Old 25-09-2009, 11:30 AM   #53
HLC
Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoolMan
When I was in Sydney 10 days ago, I was getting my F6 washed at Minchinbury at the same time they just finished washing a Police Blue FG F6, moments later a Police Red BF F6 turned up for a wash..
Officers sit and read the paper drink coffee while there car is being washed dried off and vacuumed.
they also come into my work at like 1:30am for "debrief"

ie, as they explained to me, talk sh ite and drink coffee lol get to have a chat to a few of the regulars so hopefully it gets me off a ticket one day
Old 25-09-2009, 11:32 AM   #54
HLC
Audi S3

Quote:

:

is that Minchinbury? cause there are always tons of coppers, ambo's whatevers inside there when regular customers are locked out. ive worked there (manager) i normally work on the M4 and the coppers/emergency guys are allowed inside, however general public arent. its a safety issue and in the area, you should know what some of the locals can be like. especially if they are drunk and their order gets screwed up...
Old 25-09-2009, 01:18 PM   #55
chris0

I too have seen the nitro FG F6 on the M7, as well as an Octane one too. They look unreal. But, they are still noticeable as an unmarked police car.

On a side note, Has anyone noticed the increase in Motorcycle police presence on Syd motorways?
Old 25-09-2009, 11:47 PM   #56
Dave R

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLC
is that Minchinbury? cause there are always tons of coppers, ambo's whatevers inside there when regular customers are locked out. ive worked there (manager) i normally work on the M4 and the coppers/emergency guys are allowed inside, however general public arent. its a safety issue and in the area, you should know what some of the locals can be like. especially if they are drunk and their order gets screwed up...
It's actually Macquarie Fields. I'm not really sure why it's a 24 hour Maccas, nobody is ever there past 12 except for coppers and the odd weirdo (usually me).

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris0
On a side note, Has anyone noticed the increase in Motorcycle police presence on Syd motorways?
I certainly have. Just today on the M5 (near the heathcote exit) I saw someone pulled over by a bike and I saw another one on the M3 last week.