Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 01-08-2009, 11:39 AM   #1
suttoo

Default Samsung LCD HDMI not working

I have a Samsung 32 inch LCD have had it for about a year now and have nevr been able to play my playstation 3 on HDMI, first they told me it could be the cable so tried another, no luck then I tried the unit on a Panasonic plasma we have and it worked no probs. So I just continued to play it on there for a while. Then i got fed up with it and samsung told me to take it to the repairers so I did and they check all connectors and tested it and it wa fine and told the cable was faulty when I know it wasnt. Got it back and tried it and got nothing once again. Is there anyone out there that knows any tricks to these things or should I ring Samsung again?

Cheers, Tyson

1997 EL GT, #102, Manual, 27000kms.
2002 AU3 TS50 #114, Auto
suttoo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-08-2009, 11:49 AM   #2
Daniel
F6 - with sugar on top

I would be taking both the panel and the PS3 to the repairer for them to evaluate the entire setup..

HDMI usually wouldn't have issues like this and if you have tried a few different cables (of varying quality) then I trust you have done pretty much all you can as it works on another panel.

Stick it to Samsung, they have 3yr wty for that specific panel if I recall correctly.
Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-08-2009, 12:06 PM   #3
Bent8
Long live the GT !

Quote:
Originally Posted by suttoo
I have a Samsung 32 inch LCD have had it for about a year now and have nevr been able to play my playstation 3 on HDMI, first they told me it could be the cable so tried another, no luck then I tried the unit on a Panasonic plasma we have and it worked no probs. So I just continued to play it on there for a while. Then i got fed up with it and samsung told me to take it to the repairers so I did and they check all connectors and tested it and it wa fine and told the cable was faulty when I know it wasnt. Got it back and tried it and got nothing once again. Is there anyone out there that knows any tricks to these things or should I ring Samsung again?

Cheers, Tyson
There are known issues with Samsung LCD's and PS3's.

Some are suggesting it could be lack of HDCP compliancy and others think it's just the brand name.

My friend bought a brand new 19" Samsung LCD, plugged it into his PS3 with HDMI and it just would not work. He tried 3 different HDMI cables before giving up and buying an LG.

Hasn't had a problem since!

"Whatya think of me car, XR Falcon, 351 Blown Cleveland running Motec injection and runnin' on methanol... goes pretty hard too, got heaps of torque for chucking burnouts, IT'S UNREAL !!" - Poida
Bent8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-08-2009, 12:21 PM   #4
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

HDMI version 1.2 or 1.3?
Keepleft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-08-2009, 12:30 PM   #5
suttoo

where do i find that?
2002 AU3 TS50 #114, Auto
Old 02-08-2009, 12:48 AM   #6
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Feels like I've logged onto a Samsung site...

Have you tried all available HDMI ports?

Worked fine on my 40" and works fine on my 46" LED Samsung.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2009, 03:12 AM   #7
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

Sometimes it can be due to the 'ms' millisecond refresh rate of the lcd, if it's not fast enough (usualy around 8milliseconds '8ms' minimum) then alot of hdmi devices cause drama from my experience, reason I stick to Plasma Tv's !.

:eclipsee_
XR6-VCT-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2009, 12:07 PM   #8
duaned
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6-VCT-2000
Sometimes it can be due to the 'ms' millisecond refresh rate of the lcd, if it's not fast enough (usualy around 8milliseconds '8ms' minimum) then alot of hdmi devices cause drama from my experience, reason I stick to Plasma Tv's !.
Sorry mate, but that comment is bogus! Refresh rate has nothing at all to do with HDMI compatibility, but at least you made a suggestion. As for Samsung panels, yes there are known issues with HDMI compatibility between them and the PS3. However, I have experienced this before ( with a customer's supplied HDMI cable) and instead used a Belkin HDMI cable and it all worked fine. HDMI cables do have different standards, contary to what most believe. What HDMI cable have you been trying to use with the Samsung?
duaned is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2009, 12:22 PM   #9
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have a Samsung 32" LCD and a PS3. No problems here.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2009, 08:27 PM   #10
xtremerus
FG XR6T trayback

Does the PS3 work with the AV connectors, rather than the HDMI??
xtremerus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2009, 11:34 PM   #11
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremerus
Does the PS3 work with the AV connectors, rather than the HDMI??
I will try if I can find my cables but I bet my nuts it will. You're missing out if you don't go HDMI though IMO. Unless your TV doesn't accept that then that's cool.
Old 02-08-2009, 11:37 PM   #12
suttoo

Yeah it does, have component cable on it atm. But having played it on HDMI I want it to work
2002 AU3 TS50 #114, Auto
Old 03-08-2009, 02:25 AM   #13
ChipXR6
Gassed XR6

Default Hdmi

Hey Suttoo,
Go to a Dick Smith Electronics outlet, try a Belkin HDMI cable.
At least at DSE you can return the item within 14days and get yur money back if it doesn't work! Belkin works fine on my Samsung 101cm LCD. Cheers.
ChipXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2009, 06:13 PM   #14
ea90gl
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I also have a 32 inch Samsung LCD using a PS3 through HDMI and its pretty much faultless except on the odd occasion the screen will go blank for a couple of seconds. Picture reappears and it might do it again afterwards. It will sometimes do this about 5 times then go back to normal. Not sure what it may be, wondering if anyone else experiences this and is it something that will get worse?
ea90gl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2009, 07:16 PM   #15
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ea90gl
I also have a 32 inch Samsung LCD using a PS3 through HDMI and its pretty much faultless except on the odd occasion the screen will go blank for a couple of seconds. Picture reappears and it might do it again afterwards. It will sometimes do this about 5 times then go back to normal. Not sure what it may be, wondering if anyone else experiences this and is it something that will get worse?
Only thing that I can think of is it's changing resolutions when you first switch to the HDMI input.

For instance when I watch TV it it is 1920x1080 but it changes the refresh rate and resolution for a particular game on PS3. 5 times seems a bit odd though.