Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 24-07-2009, 07:07 PM   #31
Ghiadude
FORMERLY TX3DUDE

Black Navara with canopy in sutherland / miranda. dodging its way through traffic.
Ghiadude is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2009, 07:09 PM   #32
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfiipursuit
Errmm ummmm im not sure about that one old mate!! My belief is its illegal Australia-wide now...
Seen one at Chermside shopping centre last night Brent. Felt like knocking on the window and asking them to turn them off as it was blinding me.

As for that A8 Audi, what a mess
Old 24-07-2009, 07:11 PM   #33
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTE72
Mango Hill cops in Qld have a maroon Subaru liberty unmarked car getting around. Surprisingly easy to spot( Once it has its hidden lights lit up chasing the guy who just went past you 30 over!)
Has a yellow hard hat on the parcel shelf.
Also seen a black Golf GTi getting around there to, didnt know till i seen the disco lights in the rear window light up :lookedat:
Old 25-07-2009, 12:46 AM   #34
Dave R

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Valued contributor especially in the FG threads. Offers help and information to all. Posts are always in a positive manner. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasOLane
You may have seen it over the last 6 months, but you can bet that it hasn't been the constantly for that time. They get moved from station to station.
Maybe, I haven't really been following it so I'll assume you're correct. Either way, it's doing its job as far as making people think twice on the road.

Quote:
By Hi viz I meant regular marked cars. Either HP or GD. Almost anyone on any highway -not quite so much in the city- that sees a marked car backs off.
This is my point about the new 'high visibility' cars - the existing ones are noticable enough as it is, the lightbar on the roof can be seen from ages away. This is why I would focus the campaign on unmarked cars, even if they didn't put any more on the road, but just to scare people into thinking there are heaps of them out there and not just Commodores/Falcons. It's seemed to have worked well in my area, but QLD might be different.
Dave R is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2009, 08:19 AM   #35
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Seen a Honda Accord last night had pulled over a biker on the M1 at Robina, Also seen a few Golf GTi's and such. It's all part of their new "q-car" program, very stealth, much more so than regular unmarked HWP cars
GS608 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2009, 10:12 AM   #36
NC1183
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
You may have seen it over the last 6 months, but you can bet that it hasn't been the constantly for that time. They get moved from station to station.

By Hi viz I meant regular marked cars. Either HP or GD. Almost anyone on any highway -not quite so much in the city- that sees a marked car backs off.

Don't even need the light-bar on the roof around here hey Gas, those two unmarked SS HWP car's may as well have the light-bars on them.
There is a green and a red one, slip into town in the middle of the night, usually have a couple people nabbed first thing in the morning during the school zones, do a couple of runs up and down the newel then gone, but you can still spot them, can't see the passengers seat, squatting low in the back end.

2005 FPV BF Super Pursuit

The new toy (now sold)
The SP

The old ute (sold)
www.aufalcon.com/nc1183

Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6T
If you look closely you can see the remains of a Hyundai excel that’s been sucked into the intake.
about the pic of 'CHOP YA' F6

Last edited by NC1183; 25-07-2009 at 10:29 AM.
NC1183 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2009, 10:24 AM   #37
NC1183
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ooops double post

2005 FPV BF Super Pursuit

The new toy (now sold)
The SP

The old ute (sold)
www.aufalcon.com/nc1183

Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6T
If you look closely you can see the remains of a Hyundai excel that’s been sucked into the intake.
about the pic of 'CHOP YA' F6
NC1183 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2009, 11:16 AM   #38
x series

spotted a under cover police car attending a accident on the M5 , black chylser 300c and well equipped !
x series is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2009, 09:33 PM   #39
Karnage
Finger Painter

Pa trolling caboolture area at the moment black 300c 22" chrome wheels and limo black (illegal) tint. Also a silver vz statesman......They also seem to have a fleet of Camrys and astras
Karnage is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2009, 10:00 PM   #40
last fairlane
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Question Under cover cops

seen the other month at Darra on the Centenary hwy a black BA/F XR8 ute with lights in the window and last year I got pulled up by a silver VX Commodore with pink personal plates so go figure
thanks John
last fairlane is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2009, 11:34 PM   #41
santb

on northern gold coast there's (at least) a couple of commie utes, falcon sedans, vee-dubs and 1 guy i saw being booked by a uniform in a mitsi 300... he didn't look happy!!
those special vehicles are chase cars; not meant to scare, just to catch... not enough of them.
qld we have no signs for speed traps(not all of them anyway), but here they do show up in the same spots pretty regularly.... so same diff.. good luck to em. p plater skylines and bikes doing 300 k's and crossing 4 lanes in one go deserve what they get... pity even a death or 20 doesn't get the message across..

Last edited by santb; 25-07-2009 at 11:40 PM.
santb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2009, 11:36 PM   #42
santb

ps new aurion patrol cars look cool!!! (sorry!) talked a couple of boys in blue about them and they reckon they go unreal...
santb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post