Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 20-06-2009, 06:41 PM   #31
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Yep and it will work too. Young people never buy on credit, overspend or pay silly amount for shiny toys like mobile phones or games consoles etc., do they........

Tell me about it, no effect on the supposed target demographic but it hits the rest of us, hard. Talk about a money grab!

Guess they have to fix the massive deficit somehow, just wish I was not contributing so much.
Old 21-06-2009, 08:57 AM   #32
Blueheart
02AU2'Lane

signed the petition & passed on to friends & family... not that its terribly likely to cause a swing in QLD parliament. But , its getting harder to scrape up cash to stay on the road - unless I go drive a Morris Mini.
$869.40 for 12m rego for the Fear Lane out here in northern suburbs.
What I ask is why? This state has unbelievable wealth tied up in mineral resources, yet Bligh has us bust and selling Queenslands assets - like coal - which we appear to be in the process of flogging off ownership of to the Chinese - at least LEASE it out!
Another hike in the cost of living, anyone hearing rumours of a general pay increase coming for all Queenslanders? You're going home on the train, Bligh.
Blueheart is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2009, 09:10 AM   #33
Burnout
Falcon RTV - FG G6ET
Donating Member3

Ah! Yes, Anna BLIGHT, the workers friend.

Just like the rest of her mates from the Caxton Legal Centre.

Luv 'em all.

(Peter BEATTY) - Power will be 14% cheaper in Q'land!
Di FINGLETON - A Bill of $38 to move house on the Public purse.
Judge DEARDON - Sentencing just this week, a child molester who pleaded guilty, to a non custodial term.

RTV Power
FG G6ET 50th Anniversary in Sensation.
While the basic Ford Six was code named Barra, the Turbo version clearly deserved its very own moniker – again enter Gordon Barfield.
We asked him if the engine had actually been called “Seagull” and how that came about.
“Actually it was just call “Gull”, because I named it that. Because we knew it was going to poo on everything”.
Burnout is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2009, 09:35 AM   #34
XABEBAGT
GT Driver

I signed this partition, but I too, am sure it won't make a difference. $1,000 to register cars that I hardly ever drive. This sux. Based on last year for some of my cars that is about $4.00 per kilometre. Geez, I should be allowed to drive in transit lanes.
I'll put my hand up and say I voted for Anna. Not because I wanted her, because there was no other realistic option. Give Queensland a viable alternative government and they will surely get my vote.
Cheers
Keith
3/93 EB2GT No 204 - Cardinal Red 1 of 88
8/03 BAGT No 395 - Blood Orange
6/08 FGGT No 295 - Octane
3/64 XM 4 Door - Red
XABEBAGT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2009, 10:26 AM   #35
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XABEBAGT
Give Queensland a viable alternative government
Laurel and Hardy, Crunchie the Clown, Abbot and Costello, Keystone Cops, Three Stooges .... any of these, or for that matter ... "anyone at all" would be a huge improvement on this bunch of incompetents we currently have to endure for another two and a half years!!!!
robjh80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2009, 10:39 AM   #36
Martyvan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

makes me glad i got a 4x4 with a 4 cylinder Turbo diesel....

Lets hope Captain bligh goes down with the ship.................

She thinks she can do anything, as i bet she reckons she brought the rain back to SE Queensland....

Unfortunately the last state election was which evil do you choose? The evil you knew would stuff things up fast, or the evil that will stuff things up faster..... Donkey Kong would probably do a better job, and may well have got more votes.
Martyvan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2009, 07:08 PM   #37
BFZ Wagon
Formerly All Wheel Drive

Be careful guys.. Don't get too political :P...otherwise the PTB on the forum will chuck a tanty and lock it.

I've been asked to sign the petition but personally don't think it will do any good. They'll just do what they want whether the people like it or not.
The Govt. aren't afraid of the public any more. They should be, but they're not!

Might be time to move to NSW.. It would be way cheaper for me to live there than QLD...I can't believe I just said that! :P
Old 21-06-2009, 08:05 PM   #38
old_mate
Smash the Boost

you almost pay as much as a 6cly with the 4x4 turbo diesel mate.

1971 Fairmont Sedan

1974 SWB F100

Keyboard Warrior - A Person who, being unable to express his anger through physical violence (owning to their physical weakness, lack of bravery and/or conviction in real life), instead manifests said emotions through the text-based medium of the internet, usually in the form of aggressive writing that the Keyboard Warrior would not (for reasons previously mentioned) be able to give form to in real life.
old_mate is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2009, 03:21 PM   #39
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

LNP will restore fuel subsidy: Langbroek

http://news.theage.com.au/breaking-n...0719-dp9a.html