Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 03-08-2005, 12:45 AM   #121
EASPRINT
FPV GT-P 335!

here's my effort in the easternats driftin comp.....lol :
Old 03-08-2005, 12:58 AM   #122
John_LS1

Quote:
Originally Posted by EASPRINT
here's my effort in the easternats driftin comp.....lol :
your passenger looks like he/she was holding on for dear life! lol
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2005, 01:34 PM   #123
TUFED6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin
borg warner LSDs areCR@P! i got my LSD rebuilt in november and its rooted already after only 3 track days, and i changed the oil after each one. saving up for either a lock-rite center or a KAZZ atm, it depends on how impatient i am.
You might want to look into a 'Lokka' setup for your BW. I priced them at around $599 from 4wdsystems.com.au. As far as I know they are the same concept as a Lockrite (lock up under power). The guy was confident that they would last even behind my motor.

- John
TUFED6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2005, 01:58 PM   #124
EFFalcon
Last warning

I've got 2 videos from easternats of 2 eseries drifting :P
one is EASPRINT :P
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2005, 02:01 PM   #125
Gammaboy
Grinder+Welder = Race car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUFED6
You might want to look into a 'Lokka' setup for your BW. I priced them at around $599 from 4wdsystems.com.au. As far as I know they are the same concept as a Lockrite (lock up under power). The guy was confident that they would last even behind my motor.

- John
OK, so the locker will hold, but what are you BW diff'd guys doing for uni joints with decent hp? The only reason I'm going to go to a 9" for my car is because I know i can fairly easily kill the Unis on a BW compatible driveshaft (Pffft. 1310 unis!), and those itty bitty ubolts that hold the rear uni to the yoke kinda make me nervous... when you consider the torque multiplication, if I hook up in 1st gear there is 1750Nm available to peel the thing apart.... thats a big number (About 4.3 Tonne at the bearing caps!) for a small shaft to deal with. I like my driveshaft stating attached to the box at one end and the diff at the other....
Heck. I peeled the teeth clean off a spider gear in my BW LSD just going in a straight line on monday night.... the cone clutches just didn't protect the spiders like you'd hope....
Sorry to go off topic.
But yer. Rollin can drift.

Bish
Old 04-08-2005, 02:01 PM   #126
!Gn|T|0n
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFFalcon
I've got 2 videos from easternats of 2 eseries drifting :P
one is EASPRINT :P
well... where are they?

Still saluting the Ford flag.
!Gn|T|0n is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2005, 02:08 PM   #127
FRDXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

^^^^^^As above!
FRDXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2005, 02:18 PM   #128
EFFalcon
Last warning

not the best, but its something

www.deleted link/pics/temp/SlowEAdrift.wmv
www.deleted link/pics/temp/EBdrift.wmv
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2005, 05:09 PM   #129
Aaron_EF8
Oops, I slipped....

The 'Lokka' is a Richmond Loc-Rite, 4WD Systems have just re-named it.

A KAAZ mechanical setup would be much better suited to drifting, as you can set them up to stay fairly well locked on the decel. side, whereas the Loc-Rite will unlock once you get off the power. KAAZ centres also cost 2-3x as much though......

Quote:
OK, so the locker will hold, but what are you BW diff'd guys doing for uni joints with decent hp? The only reason I'm going to go to a 9" for my car is because I know i can fairly easily kill the Unis on a BW compatible driveshaft (Pffft. 1310 unis!), and those itty bitty ubolts that hold the rear uni to the yoke kinda make me nervous... when you consider the torque multiplication, if I hook up in 1st gear there is 1750Nm available to peel the thing apart.... thats a big number (About 4.3 Tonne at the bearing caps!) for a small shaft to deal with. I like my driveshaft stating attached to the box at one end and the diff at the other....
EB-onwards use a flat plate to bolt onto the diff yoke, rather than the old-style U-bolts.

1984 XE S-Pack 250 Sno White - LPG - Single Rail - 2.5" Exhaust

"Just because you don't understand something, does not make it wrong"

Aaron_EF8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2005, 05:59 PM   #130
Muley-EF

ahahah that was cool, any one got any more vids?
Old 04-08-2005, 05:59 PM   #131
Gammaboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron_EF8
The 'Lokka' is a Richmond Loc-Rite, 4WD Systems have just re-named it.

A KAAZ mechanical setup would be much better suited to drifting, as you can set them up to stay fairly well locked on the decel. side, whereas the Loc-Rite will unlock once you get off the power. KAAZ centres also cost 2-3x as much though......

EB-onwards use a flat plate to bolt onto the diff yoke, rather than the old-style U-bolts.
Can you get a 1330 or 1350 sized yoke for that? I did some more calculations, and my peak torque at 5000rpm gives in 1st gear puts me in past the far side of the torque rating of a 1310 spicer uni... :S
Definitly not driving the car till i've sorted something stronger.
Old 04-08-2005, 07:32 PM   #132
deankdx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gammaboy
Can you get a 1330 or 1350 sized yoke for that? I did some more calculations, and my peak torque at 5000rpm gives in 1st gear puts me in past the far side of the torque rating of a 1310 spicer uni... :S
Definitly not driving the car till i've sorted something stronger.
sorry im not sure what part numbers are above?
but heres a pic of the XY yoke fitted to my XF diff after the tailshaft broke in half and bent the axel tubes i was talking to the tailshaft guy and he said the EB type can also be fitted and also is a bit stronger, in this case the tailshaft broke before the U Bolts, i agree the strap type on EA/XFs are crap.(if interested i can take a pic of tailshaft)
deankdx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2005, 07:41 PM   #133
Gammaboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by deankdx
sorry im not sure what part numbers are above?
but heres a pic of the XY yoke fitted to my XF diff after the tailshaft broke in half and bent the axel tubes i was talking to the tailshaft guy and he said the EB type can also be fitted and also is a bit stronger, in this case the tailshaft broke before the U Bolts, i agree the strap type on EA/XFs are crap.(if interested i can take a pic of tailshaft)
Thats exactly the sort of stuff I'm worried about happening...
I've got a XF driveshaft and an XY yoke. And a big blocked input shaft (broke the small block one) equipped toploader, 325ish fwKw and 630FwNm... ah, sod it. I'll just go a 9". I'll sleep better with a 3.5" driveshaft and some big axles..
Old 04-08-2005, 07:50 PM   #134
deankdx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gammaboy
Thats exactly the sort of stuff I'm worried about happening...
I've got a XF driveshaft and an XY yoke. And a big blocked input shaft (broke the small block one) equipped toploader, 325ish fwKw and 630FwNm... ah, sod it. I'll just go a 9". I'll sleep better with a 3.5" driveshaft and some big axles..
Yeah next progression will most likely be.. 3.5" tailshaft, 28 spline axels EB type yoke on the diff. the shaft that broke was 3" custom, XF ones are 2.75"
how would a spool go for drifting? i know they cause a bit of understeer if you dont break traction no good for street use.
Old 04-08-2005, 08:07 PM   #135
T_Terror
The Guy You Love To Hate

spools is fine, robbie bolger does alright with one in his drift ute. You better keep the wheels spinning most of the tme though or that understeer will really get noticed.
T_Terror is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2005, 08:24 PM   #136
oneredED
need more boost

Quote:
I would love to see you attempt to enter a corner sideways and hold it continuously, in a 1500kg, auto, non-lsd
I realise this was not aimed at me, but i feel i have something more to add (disregard it if you want :P)
It can be done, however only in the wet (NOTE: i don't consider wet road drifting to be true drift in the slightest). I do not claim to be able to drift, however i do find that a wet road is an invaluable tool for learning car control during a slide. I do also think that to hold, as said, a 1500kg auto non-lsd car at opposite lock at 80 km/h before the corner begins requires car control, and to successfully go from through a series of corners (all hard against the lock) without letting the rear gain traction is a reasonable attempt at "learning" to drift a car. It does comprises of the "feint", "power over-steer" and the lift your foot off one that brings the rear out just after turn in.

Next thing. Sigh.... I don't like to back up someone who seems so proud of his idiotic (i'm hypocritical, but that's not the point so let me finish) driving, in fact i'm not sure which fool even said it, but i do agree that drive well on a gravel road takes a heck of a lot more skill than any bitumen you will drive on. I stand by this 100%. I will admit is easier to get a slide initiated on gravel, however the constantly differing surface characteristics require far more concentration and faster driver imput.

Jared.
Stops due to: bendix, DBA
Shifter connected to: T5 manual
Power from: ???
Interior: velour and woodgrain
Cost: stuff all :P
oneredED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2005, 08:34 PM   #137
oneredED
need more boost

Quote:
and how do you stop the auto from changing gears mid corner?
This was the very reason my car met a gutter. Being forgetful (left it in "drive" rather than 2nd) is a curse. Dont drift auto's people, they're just plain cruddy and are practically useless for it.
Stops due to: bendix, DBA
Shifter connected to: T5 manual
Power from: ???
Interior: velour and woodgrain
Cost: stuff all :P
oneredED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2005, 01:40 AM   #138
Simmo
White Lightning

sweetas. should kick hard with all that gear. nice find on the diff too. more eseries dorifto mania lol.
Simmo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2005, 04:16 PM   #139
Aaron_EF8
Oops, I slipped....

Just remember that stiffening the front springs will bias the car more towards understeer if the rear springs arent made stiffer as well. Have you thought about an adjustable front swaybar?

Whiteline sell braces that go from the upper wishbone bolts to the engine mounts to stop flex, these work really well apparently, but may not fit with the turbo going on.

1984 XE S-Pack 250 Sno White - LPG - Single Rail - 2.5" Exhaust

"Just because you don't understand something, does not make it wrong"

Aaron_EF8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2005, 08:25 PM   #140
T_Terror
The Guy You Love To Hate

Woohoo, just picked up an AU ex-taxi.

Picking up a custom v8supercar based (with much bigger front dam) kit next week and gonna do a matt black respray.

turbo goes on the week after thats finished.

Can someone proide me with a link to the Kaaz website or their distributor for victoria.

how much are they approximately for an AU nonIRS diff?
T_Terror is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2005, 09:32 PM   #141
Walkinshaw
Two > One

Kaaz = $$

Grab one of these

http://www.4wdsystems.com.au/html/lokka.htm

Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2005, 02:18 PM   #142
FRDXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_Terror
Woohoo, just picked up an AU ex-taxi.

Picking up a custom v8supercar based (with much bigger front dam) kit next week and gonna do a matt black respray.

turbo goes on the week after thats finished.

Can someone proide me with a link to the Kaaz website or their distributor for victoria.

how much are they approximately for an AU nonIRS diff?
Why the kit and respray. Leave it yellow put that little thing back on the roof and go drifting :
FRDXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2005, 03:11 PM   #143
steven95falc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron_EF8
Did someone mention Drifting???

http://home.iprimus.com.au/danshaw/randomdrift.jpg
http://home.iprimus.com.au/amattin00/RandomDrift.avi

I've been thinking seriously about buying an EA-EB to use as a drifter, I reckon an ex-Saloon car would be a good start, and adding a 4.0 with a few mild upgrades to begin with, you don't need 500bhp to drift, although it helps

Anyone got a donor car? :P
hey bloke i got an ea if you want ti minus diff centre auto and front rotors but otherwise complete car she is free to good home up to you.
steven95falc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2005, 11:38 AM   #144
mockgt

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRDXR6
I think there is major misconception of what drift is. Spinning your wheels around a corner of whipping the *** out momentarily is not 'drift'.

I would love to see you attempt to enter a corner sideways and hold it continuously, in a 1500kg, auto, non-lsd :hihi:

Like stockstandard said - how do you predict/handle the diff swapping the drive wheel? and how do you stop the auto from changing gears mid corner? it:

There wouldnt even be ONE car in Australia yet alone Japan that drifts in comps/track with auto and/or no LSD.

who said anything bout momentaraly? ill get the name of a drift video for you that has quite a few non lsd cars drifting comp. post the name of it 4 you later.

as for stoping the gear change, incase you didnt no you can put an auto in any gear by moving the shifta, or you could just deal with the change.

seems there is a lot bulls$%t being said by a lot of people on this thread (myself included) how bout every1 just waits to see what every1 else is capable of before people start looking dumb.
Old 15-08-2005, 04:09 PM   #145
MightyXR6Turbo
Boooostn'

mockgt - yes you can select a gear in an auto, but in case you didn't realise, you can only make the car stay in 1st as its only gear, if you are unfamiliar with the BTR autos you may not realise that by locking it in 2nd, it can still kick down to first... So basically what you have said is damn stupid.

1979 XD Fairmont Ghia - Silver, 302C V8, Full velour interior, slowly building her up to be a tough cruiser!

2002 Nissan Patrol ST - Desert Gold, 4.8L DOHC 6cyl petrol (Soon to be reequipped with a 5.7L LS1 V8), 5speed auto, lifted, locked, 33's, nature destruction vehicle!
MightyXR6Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2005, 04:21 PM   #146
deankdx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyEFGhia
mockgt - yes you can select a gear in an auto, but in case you didn't realise, you can only make the car stay in 1st as its only gear, if you are unfamiliar with the BTR autos you may not realise that by locking it in 2nd, it can still kick down to first... So basically what you have said is damn stupid.
can the kickdown be adjusted?
the lexus powered Toyota cressida that drifts at calder is an auto but i know it has a kickdown cable(whether its diconnected or not i dont know)
he drifts in second gear. probably does about 120kmh if hes got3.9 diff? mine did 140 in second with 3.45.
Old 15-08-2005, 04:38 PM   #147
Walkinshaw
Two > One

Kickdown signal is taken from the TPS and refrenced to road speed, current gear and ECU shift tables. Can it be adjusted, yes. Can it be adjusted easly, no.

Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post