Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 25-06-2009, 10:14 AM   #61
Teflon Turbo
Banned

basically melbourne storm beat NSW

hard for the STORM coach to coach against the best league team ever to dawn a gurnsey.
Teflon Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2009, 11:50 AM   #62
Flaming Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10
I have no idea what Soward has to do to get a jumper.
It is possible that NRL and NSW administrators have decided they do not want to subject their fans and viewers to the cringeworthy antics of Soward, who insists on doing a couple of ballet pirouettes, a stint of brass band marching and an Irish riverdance impression every time he needs to kick a football.

State of Origin is a brutal epic battle, played by the leagues hardest men. It is arguably the toughest stage in sport where men break bones and men bleed to conquer their rivals for the spoils of victory. It has possibly been decided that Soward’s swan like prancing “look at me, look at me” kicking routine has no place on such a battlefield.

I believe Soward’s on field form has warranted selection, but for the love of God, for the good of the game, and for all those kids out there, it is imperative that he is selected in a non kicking role. We cannot allow the rest of Australia and other codes to see those sort of nancy shenanigans going on during Leagues most brutal and toughest battle.
Flaming Mo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2009, 03:22 AM   #63
zx10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaming Mo
It is possible that NRL and NSW administrators have decided they do not want to subject their fans and viewers to the cringeworthy antics of Soward, who insists on doing a couple of ballet pirouettes, a stint of brass band marching and an Irish riverdance impression every time he needs to kick a football.

State of Origin is a brutal epic battle, played by the leagues hardest men. It is arguably the toughest stage in sport where men break bones and men bleed to conquer their rivals for the spoils of victory. It has possibly been decided that Soward’s swan like prancing “look at me, look at me” kicking routine has no place on such a battlefield.

I believe Soward’s on field form has warranted selection, but for the love of God, for the good of the game, and for all those kids out there, it is imperative that he is selected in a non kicking role. We cannot allow the rest of Australia and other codes to see those sort of nancy shenanigans going on during Leagues most brutal and toughest battle.
Thats a pretty week excuse for a comeback! I have no doubt that you have a fear of Sowards skills :

The fans love it! Remember Riddells salute before kicking, nothing like a bit of theatre in the game.

AU3 XR8 sedan - Manual, Leather, Momo wheel/gear knob
zx10 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2009, 03:31 AM   #64
zx10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenz
It's Origin, it doesn't matter how much they win by or how they do it. QLD knew how to capitalise on the opposition mistakes and NSW didn't. You're right though, NSW could have won it at any stage in the last 30mins and they couldn't pull it off. As Gould has says in the last few games, we have the origin mentality and NSW not so much....
You can not take the win away from QLD. They have won the last 4 series at the highest level of rugby league in the world.

Although I would have expected the best QLD team ever assembled to destroy NSW this season.

Congrats and hears to the next 4 years, whatever the outcome. It can only be good for the game.

AU3 XR8 sedan - Manual, Leather, Momo wheel/gear knob
zx10 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2009, 10:40 AM   #65
MNM96
LIFELONG DJR SUPPORTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10
Although I would have expected the best QLD team ever assembled to destroy NSW this season.
Lets remember the team was decimated with illness the day of the game (within 24hrs) affecting up to 7 players.
Lets also not forget that the home ground is easy worth 10 points to NSW.
Lastly, Lets not forget the Ref was worth 10 points this game.

So how many did QLD belt NSW by, in real terms?
MNM96 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2009, 01:10 PM   #66
Walt Kowalski
I use brain. Not hip.

Brett Kimmorley just interviewed on Sunday Footy Show and said "The key to the Bulldogs going forward is Mick Ennis at dummy half. Mick puts a bit of fear on opposition player faces and makes them stand on their heels and then the big blokes come on the back of that."

When asked about Kimmorley for Origin, Kimmorley (SMILING) said "Kimmorley & Ennis would be terrific combination in Origin"

Sterlo "Kimmorley's not far from the mark there"

Lewis and Vauntin say Ennis would be in their sides but you watch a repeat of the Benny Elias/Mario Fenech history. NSW don't get it.

Bring back Steve Mortimer as a selector/motivator.

Shuffleboard Turvey are out out there?
Walt Kowalski is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2009, 10:36 PM   #67
MNM96
LIFELONG DJR SUPPORTER

MNM96 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2009, 12:42 AM   #68
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Game 3 was a ripper, thoroughly enjoyable to watch.

A lot less mistakes from the Blues in this one, and 28 times more composure ensured the win.

A bit of biff is always exciting, but wasn't happy to see Pricey out like that.
Old 16-07-2009, 12:54 AM   #69
sarrge2001
SZII in Silhouette

Where did NSW hide THAT team for the first two games.....

Seriously good game - had it all!!

Strangers have the best candy.......
sarrge2001 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2009, 12:59 AM   #70
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Very good game from the Blues, they hammered QLD good and proper. The biffo while it's fun to watch carried on a bit too much IMO.

Price is a big bloke and he got his **** kicked from here to China :
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2009, 01:09 AM   #71
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarrge2001
Where did NSW hide THAT team for the first two games.....

Seriously good game - had it all!!
Spot on....the greatest side didn't see that coming : your only as good as your last game they say :hihi:
Yer sorry for Pricey genuine nice guy Hodges or Crocker I wouldn't have blinked an eye :
Finally a decent NSW squad stepping on the plate for 80min, well done Watmough had a blinder and Kimmorley where was that game when you last had a blue shirt ?! you can retire with a big fat smile you finally made it imo Origin level.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2009, 08:13 AM   #72
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluedriver
Spot on....the greatest side didn't see that coming : your only as good as your last game they say :hihi:
Yer sorry for Pricey genuine nice guy Hodges or Crocker I wouldn't have blinked an eye :
Finally a decent NSW squad stepping on the plate for 80min, well done Watmough had a blinder and Kimmorley where was that game when you last had a blue shirt ?! you can retire with a big fat smile you finally made it imo Origin level.
Sums it all up there, that was the best game of origin that ive seen in a while. And abit of biffo is what state of origin is about, well done to the blues you deserved it.
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2009, 08:16 AM   #73
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Amazing, all the cockroaches coming out of the woodwork now....................
Old 16-07-2009, 01:57 PM   #74
ebxr8240
Performance moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical advice. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY
Very good game from the Blues, they hammered QLD good and proper. The biffo while it's fun to watch carried on a bit too much IMO.

Price is a big bloke and he got his **** kicked from here to China :
Yea after a high tackle he didn't see comeing ...
Cheap shot ...
Whoever it was didn't let his had go until after they hit the ground..
Lucky there wasn't spinal damage
Dart 330ci block turbo black pearl EBXR8 482 rwkw..
Daily driver GTE FG..
Projects http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=107711
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...8+turbo&page=4
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2009, 03:11 PM   #75
Sam_Boss260
Have Boost, will use it..

Agreed, great match that had it all. Blues were the better side on the night. But what really does it for me is the Blues-announcers. I mean it is beyond a joke how biased they are towards the blues and the words that come out of their mouths is as if they are a bunch of school girls.
Rant off....
Sam_Boss260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2009, 03:29 PM   #76
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebxr8240
Yea after a high tackle he didn't see comeing ...
Cheap shot ...
Whoever it was didn't let his had go until after they hit the ground..
Lucky there wasn't spinal damage
Looked like a fairly loose hold around the neck. I haven't been able to see a replay yet. Either way shouldn't have happened.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2009, 11:04 PM   #77
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluedriver
Slater. You forgot to mention Slater.
Quote:
Originally Posted by buggerlugs
Amazing, all the cockroaches coming out of the woodwork now....................
:hihi:
Old 16-07-2009, 11:11 PM   #78
rodderz

It was a chin shot on Price by White, just before he got taken out to the ground by Waterhouse. It looked like he was out before he got taken from the side.

Having said that, how scared was NSW after the stoppage. One guy jumped into the next fight, pushed someone and ran off.....weak. They did deserve the win though.

All origin matches should be played with such ferocity!
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2009, 11:08 AM   #79
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falc'man
Slater. You forgot to mention Slater.
:hihi:
Oh yer him to, goes the :baby bott

rodderz so true but do you blame them ? the maroons were taking matters into their owns hands which should not be on.
The gang tackling and punchs going into gidley the last 5 was pathetic to see.
The complaining of this game is a joke, if it were on the other foot they'd be heroes once more :
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2009, 12:48 PM   #80
muppet

So Price kneed the other guy in the head when he was getting up from the tackle, the other guy gets up and gives him a push (this happened 20 times at least in that game). So then Price comes at him arm cocked ready to smack him, other guy goes well he is going to hit me I will get in first. Toe to toe punches are exchanged, one punch hits Price square on the jaw knocking him out instantly. What Waterhouse did had nothing to do with Price being unconscious he just saw a guy throwing punches at one of his guys so he did what all fotty players do , he came in and grabbed the bloke tiring to punch his team member. Price got what he deserved for being a dirty player and dropping the knee into someone's head.
So then Giddley cops a whole pile of cheep shots from a bunch of gutless wooses who couldn't handle the fact one of theirs got smashed fair and square. Hodges should have been sent of and on report for his forearm to Gidley's head while 3 other blokes had hold of him. Was all a bit of a girly dummy spit buy Queensland if you ask me. Did NSW all come running in tiring to kill Slater when he kicked the wolf man in the face(now thats what I call a gutless act).
I thought it was great there was a bit of biffo, about time.
Old 17-07-2009, 01:14 PM   #81
austyphoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppet
So Price kneed the other guy in the head when he was getting up from the tackle, the other guy gets up and gives him a push (this happened 20 times at least in that game). So then Price comes at him arm cocked ready to smack him, other guy goes well he is going to hit me I will get in first. Toe to toe punches are exchanged, one punch hits Price square on the jaw knocking him out instantly. What Waterhouse did had nothing to do with Price being unconscious he just saw a guy throwing punches at one of his guys so he did what all fotty players do , he came in and grabbed the bloke tiring to punch his team member. Price got what he deserved for being a dirty player and dropping the knee into someone's head.
So then Giddley cops a whole pile of cheep shots from a bunch of gutless wooses who couldn't handle the fact one of theirs got smashed fair and square. Hodges should have been sent of and on report for his forearm to Gidley's head while 3 other blokes had hold of him. Was all a bit of a girly dummy spit buy Queensland if you ask me. Did NSW all come running in tiring to kill Slater when he kicked the wolf man in the face(now thats what I call a gutless act).
I thought it was great there was a bit of biffo, about time.
blah blah blah blah!!

Price knee to the head? It was just a push, 75% of players getting up from a tackle always put a knee/elbow/palm/shove into their tackled opponent, it's a contact sport ffs! I have no problem with the actual fight, Price got a good one on his chin and was out for the count. But....

What the QLD players to offence too was the disgusting act by justin poore by picking up an unconscious Price by the jersey then dropping him back to the ground, absolutely pathetic!! What if Price had a neck injury? There was no way of knowing at the time what was wrong with him.

Unfortunately you have to wait till the end of the clip to see the incident.
click here for the footage

And it was Thurston with the flying foot on Williams, not Slater. Accidental but copped the penalty and was put on report.

Anyway 4-0 to QLD, maybe next year!!
austyphoon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2009, 02:10 PM   #82
muppet

Quote:
Originally Posted by austyphoon
blah blah blah blah!!

Price knee to the head? It was just a push, 75% of players getting up from a tackle always put a knee/elbow/palm/shove into their tackled opponent, it's a contact sport ffs! I have no problem with the actual fight, Price got a good one on his chin and was out for the count. But....

What the QLD players to offence too was the disgusting act by justin poore by picking up an unconscious Price by the jersey then dropping him back to the ground, absolutely pathetic!! What if Price had a neck injury? There was no way of knowing at the time what was wrong with him.

Unfortunately you have to wait till the end of the clip to see the incident.
click here for the footage

And it was Thurston with the flying foot on Williams, not Slater. Accidental but copped the penalty and was put on report.

Anyway 4-0 to QLD, maybe next year!!
LOL yeah Thurston not Slater :
I haddnt seen that footage , it was a dog act. So why all go and do another dog act by tring to smash Giddley.
I did say that stuff happend 20 times a game, knees to the head , a push after the play the ball. The difference with that one was Price came at him arm cocked.
I like the end of that footage where Hodges is going to get everyone. He may regret saying that when they play it at his next judiciary hearing lol.
All in all I think it was good to see a bit of fire, makes next year all the more interesting.