Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 21-02-2009, 10:59 PM   #1
Froudey
Banned

Default Any Other Dubbo Members Around.

As the title says. Any other Dubbo AFF members.

Froudey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2009, 11:28 PM   #2
TURBOTAXI
Turbo Falcon Fiend

Yeah mate - I am at Mendooran but work in Dubbvegas.

There was another guy with a turbo EA Chris? Have not seen him here for a while.

Then there is mothernature (aka Lisa) out here too.

The Orana Elite Ford club (I think thats there name) have a bit of profile in Dubbo. Track down Ron Burns (he has the yellow GT with gold GT-255 plates)

There are a few Mudgee. Gulgong and Wellington members too.

Too many turbo toys......
2009 FG F6 Nitro LPI LPG 290rwkw on LPG.
2005 BAMKII XR6 Turbo with LPG (ex HWP 255,000k's and counting)
Honda 2001 CR500E Road registered CR500
Honda 1985 CR500 (the one with the arm ripping power)
DT200r regoed Hack
Yamaha IT/YZ 465 Vinduro rocket
Imported IT465 and 490 back up bikes
VF1000R mid 80's racer built by HMR
Honda CR480 Air cooled project road cafe racer.
T88 Turbo XT Falcon project with 351 Cleveland (mothballed)
Plus the rest.

TURBOTAXI is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2009, 11:35 PM   #3
Froudey
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBOTAXI
Yeah mate - I am at Mendooran but work in Dubbvegas.

There was another guy with a turbo EA Chris? Have not seen him here for a while.

Then there is mothernature (aka Lisa) out here too.

The Orana Elite Ford club (I think thats there name) have a bit of profile in Dubbo. Track down Ron Burns (he has the yellow GT with gold GT-255 plates)

There are a few Mudgee. Gulgong and Wellington members too.

cool i will keep my ear out, yeah i now of ron burns but i think he has ruined his gt with all that extra stripes only the side etc is a nice car otherwise. just a question do you take much notice of the notice boards around dubbo (IGA, COLES, IGA south)
Old 21-02-2009, 11:41 PM   #4
TURBOTAXI
Turbo Falcon Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froudey
cool i will keep my ear out, yeah i now of ron burns but i think he has ruined his gt with all that extra stripes only the side etc is a nice car otherwise. just a question do you take much notice of the notice boards around dubbo (IGA, COLES, IGA south)
I think we are lucky we can do what we like to our cars! No - I dont really take any note of notice boards - why what is on there?
There is a black BA V8 getting around with trumpets out of the bonnet too.

DT200r regoed Hack
Plus the rest.

Old 22-02-2009, 03:06 AM   #5
bloggs24
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBOTAXI
There is a black BA V8 getting around with trumpets out of the bonnet too.
Yeh, i know the one, from what im told, there fake, but damn it looks good.

Obviously i live in dubbo aswell, i get around in a blue AU2 XR6.

Yeh the orana elite ford club is pretty well known here in Dubbo, they hold a few events every year, gotta love the completely done up AU falcon with the TS50 kit on it, finally got to have a good look at it when they held a car show in the repco carpark. Dunno why but its usually parked up on the Target loading dock.
bloggs24 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2009, 08:59 AM   #6
TURBOTAXI
Turbo Falcon Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloggs24
Yeh, i know the one, from what im told, there fake, but damn it looks good.

Obviously i live in dubbo aswell, i get around in a blue AU2 XR6.

Yeh the orana elite ford club is pretty well known here in Dubbo, they hold a few events every year, gotta love the completely done up AU falcon with the TS50 kit on it, finally got to have a good look at it when they held a car show in the repco carpark. Dunno why but its usually parked up on the Target loading dock.

I think they are functional trumpets. I will get a picture and post it up here. The AU with the TS50 kit bellongs to another Chris, I thought he worked out at Fletchers?
Just remembered two other cool cars - there is that pastel chopped 2 door XY with a six, then there is Jasons Yellow fat coupe (its always parked up at Hardly Normal) I know its not a ford, but have you seen Dave littles VK Commodore ute? has IRS and plenty of go. We are lucky to have some weird and wonderful stuff getting around.

Did you hear there is a new Chassis dyno in Dubbo?

DT200r regoed Hack
Plus the rest.

Old 22-02-2009, 05:24 PM   #7
Froudey
Banned

yeah MR HDT or HRT preformance or somthing up at mount batten drive ( ithink) and i don't really like that AU with the ts body kit and bonnet and gt stripes looks crap if he removed the stripes it would like a great car.

on the notice boards around town there is every now and then car show flyers etc.
Old 22-02-2009, 11:37 PM   #8
bloggs24
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Didnt know about the dyno, new shop in dubbo? might have to pay a visit, finally get a dyno result on my car :P
On that note, Dubbo really needs a motorsport/performance shop like Bluepower or G&D.
also, ive always dreamed that they'd turn the RAF base into a dragstrip/skid pan/race track, I think it would be great and would generate alot more tourism with motorsport events and other things etc the only place car shows and stuff get held here is the apex oval carpark.

Oh yeh, one of the women i work with, her father owns a completely restored chevrolet bel air, you dont see it much, only comes out once in a blue moon, last time i saw it, the bloke took it for a cruise on christmas eve. it resides somewhere up in east dubbo.
Old 23-02-2009, 11:34 AM   #9
MotherNatureVer2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Waves to all Dubvegasites ;)

Was down there yesterday in the Sprint .... she needed a wash & a run desperately or was it that I needed to give her a run. :P

I am often there in the little girly Laser ( KH, White, sunroof & little mags).

Should be over there more often now too ..... have a job interview on Thursday. Have to love that Forest Rd during dusk times .... NOT!!!!!

Ohhh If any of you guys over there know of someone who knows there stuff with performance cars let me know, Im finding it hard to find someone I trust to do the gearbox in the Sprint, no one is instilling any faith in me seemingly Im a chick so I should know nothing ...........

Last edited by MotherNatureVer2; 23-02-2009 at 11:51 AM.
MotherNatureVer2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2009, 11:45 AM   #10
EgoFG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

No longer in the central west - Grew up in YEOVAL ! HSC in DSHS.
EgoFG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2009, 06:39 PM   #11
Burnout
Falcon RTV - FG G6ET
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloggs24
Yeh the orana elite ford club is pretty well known here in Dubbo, they hold a few events every year, gotta love the completely done up AU falcon with the TS50 kit on it, finally got to have a good look at it when they held a car show in the repco carpark.
The bseries crew held a weekend meet in Sept last year at Parks, the Orana Elite Crew from Dubbo came down to show off their cars - The AU with the TS50 kit on it was there as well.

The bseries mob are planning to met in Parkes again this year:

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11235360

We had a fantastic time!

RTV Power
FG G6ET 50th Anniversary in Sensation.
While the basic Ford Six was code named Barra, the Turbo version clearly deserved its very own moniker – again enter Gordon Barfield.
We asked him if the engine had actually been called “Seagull” and how that came about.
“Actually it was just call “Gull”, because I named it that. Because we knew it was going to poo on everything”.
Burnout is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2009, 10:52 PM   #12
bloggs24
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnedout
The bseries crew held a weekend meet in Sept last year at Parks, the Orana Elite Crew from Dubbo came down to show off their cars - The AU with the TS50 kit on it was there as well.

The bseries mob are planning to met in Parkes again this year:

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11235360

We had a fantastic time!
Wish i had known about it, will be there for this years!
Old 24-02-2009, 10:10 PM   #13
Froudey
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotherNature
Waves to all Dubvegasites ;)

Was down there yesterday in the Sprint .... she needed a wash & a run desperately or was it that I needed to give her a run. :P

I am often there in the little girly Laser ( KH, White, sunroof & little mags).

Should be over there more often now too ..... have a job interview on Thursday. Have to love that Forest Rd during dusk times .... NOT!!!!!

Ohhh If any of you guys over there know of someone who knows there stuff with performance cars let me know, Im finding it hard to find someone I trust to do the gearbox in the Sprint, no one is instilling any faith in me seemingly Im a chick so I should know nothing ...........
Forro's Auto Tech, i deal with him ALOT he half rebuilt the missus old Magna, he adjusted the AU's brakes get all the rego checks there, he does everything as far as i can see, he is a top bloke.
or there is Tom Watkinsons wheel alignment he does gearboxes and alot, scott his son rebuilt a HZJ79 gearbox for us (well scott's parts)
Old 25-02-2009, 02:16 PM   #14
MotherNatureVer2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Cool thanks for that. Will have to call in & say hi next time were down there. Have been into Scotts (Im assuming thats where you work) a fair bit as we have a 80 series Cruiser as well.

Are you guys the ones advertising for the spare parts job at the moment?? If so I know someone who will fit the bill, my 18yr old son ..... or me, Im looking for a job now ;)
Old 25-02-2009, 08:51 PM   #15
Froudey
Banned

Quote:
Cool thanks for that. Will have to call in & say hi next time were down there. Have been into Scotts (Im assuming thats where you work) a fair bit as we have a 80 series Cruiser as well.

Are you guys the ones advertising for the spare parts job at the moment?? If so I know someone who will fit the bill, my 18yr old son ..... or me, Im looking for a job now ;)
i don't know yeah scotts is the place.
Old 26-02-2009, 09:49 AM   #16
MotherNatureVer2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Cool, will drop in & say Hi. I will be down there today but not sure if I will have time to call in.
Old 07-05-2009, 11:12 PM   #17
Froudey
Banned

Bump any more members from the central west Any going to the AFD at eastern Creek.
Old 12-06-2009, 09:23 AM   #18
MotherNatureVer2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Anyone know who has the ELGT who parks in Talbragar St of a morning ??? Nice looking car
Old 15-06-2009, 02:10 AM   #19
GeoNazi
Banned

Quote:
Anyone know who has the ELGT who parks in Talbragar St of a morning ??? Nice looking car
I have seen it it is a nice looking faker...

Another Dubbo person here...

What notice boards are around the place? I can only think of IGA west, IGA south, Coles and Orana Credit Union?

I think there is a heap in the hospitial (but who wants to advertise cars and stuff at a hosptial were people are mourning or have sick loved ones am I right?)

Also any Orana Elite Ford Club Members online?
GeoNazi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-06-2009, 04:06 PM   #20
eddy edgar
Mr Ghia!

Hi everyone....

I am a dubbo boy.... I am the guy driving around the burgundy ba fairmont ghia with the chrome rims and the southern cross on my back window....

and i am (i am pretty sure of it anyway), the only orana elite ford car club member on the forums. If anyone has any questions about the club, I will be quite happy to lead them in the right direction...

as for the modded au at coles, the owner is a security guard there (hence why it is always parked there...)

If you are ever wanting to know anything about any car shows around the area, Autobarn would generally be the mob to go and see... as for any ford club shows, the notice board at coles is the place to look.

Otherwise, become a member of the car club here and you will be advised and welcome to run in our club cruises... we usually try and hold a run every 2 months at least, and we are a quite social group and welcome new members...

And for those looking into the Dyno guy, Mr HDT has a dyno in his workshop... it is in douglas mawson drive somewhere between hume and eure streets. Not sure if you have all seen it but he has rebuilt his vk commorode... awesome machine... been on the dyno and recorded 1080kw..... impressive...

as i said, i would be happy to take any enquiries about the ford club here...

maybe even if anyone wants to organise a non club drive out somewhere for us dubbonians... may be an idea...
Car #1: 2002 BA Fairmont Ghia, Barossa red, all the gadgets, tinted, 18' XHP chrome Jets rims, FPV GT rear wing, 2.5' cat back exhaust system, colour coded engine bay highlights.

Car #2: 1996 xg gli longreach ute, Bermuda green, 3' quad exhaust, tinted, 2x 12' 900w clarion subs with clarion 1500w amp, 5 poster bull bar. HID low/high and driving lights, uhf radio, VHF radio and scanner.
eddy edgar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2009, 01:32 PM   #21
GeoNazi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddy edgar
Hi everyone....

I am a dubbo boy.... I am the guy driving around the burgundy ba fairmont ghia with the chrome rims and the southern cross on my back window....

and i am (i am pretty sure of it anyway), the only orana elite ford car club member on the forums. If anyone has any questions about the club, I will be quite happy to lead them in the right direction...

as for the modded au at coles, the owner is a security guard there (hence why it is always parked there...)

If you are ever wanting to know anything about any car shows around the area, Autobarn would generally be the mob to go and see... as for any ford club shows, the notice board at coles is the place to look.

Otherwise, become a member of the car club here and you will be advised and welcome to run in our club cruises... we usually try and hold a run every 2 months at least, and we are a quite social group and welcome new members...

And for those looking into the Dyno guy, Mr HDT has a dyno in his workshop... it is in douglas mawson drive somewhere between hume and eure streets. Not sure if you have all seen it but he has rebuilt his vk commorode... awesome machine... been on the dyno and recorded 1080kw..... impressive...

maybe even if anyone wants to organise a non club drive out somewhere for us dubbonians... may be an idea...
MR HDT i think shaun fardell? up near aztec signs.
GeoNazi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2009, 02:00 PM   #22
bearass
FG XR8

Originally Posted by eddy edgar
Hi everyone....

Can you PM me the details of this club?