Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Ford Forums Central > Site Support

Site Support If something isn't working or you have a suggestion ( a nice one !! ) let us know here.

Old 25-05-2009, 09:10 PM   #1
Teflon Turbo
Banned

Thumbs up Suggestion?

Sorry if this is not the right place but I did look to put in the most appropriate section.

Not sure if this has been mentioned but here goes.

The For Sale section from this site is very functional. I have bought and sold a fair few things from here over time.

My suggestion is this, why not have a buying and selling type reputation amongst users and even site sponsors.

Kind of like the feedback sytem on eBay, but not as full on.

I have noticed it on another forum running a similar set up to this.

It might go a long way filtering out shifty buggers.

Teflon Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2009, 10:22 PM   #2
JD86
DELANY

i like it

but lets see what the mods think
Old 16-06-2009, 07:59 PM   #3
FORCED F6
VIC The Place to Boost

I think its a splendid idea...

Just so we get an idea of who we are dealing with...
Old 16-06-2009, 08:46 PM   #4
outside
off in outer space

what was the other site that used this?
Old 16-06-2009, 08:54 PM   #5
xr6turbo2005
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i see merit in this, but this is a forum site, not ebay.

so yes, lets see what the mods think.

2008 FPV GT - Auto, Seduce Red, Leather Interior, Herrod Performance Air Box with K&N Pod Filter.

2018 4WD Everest Trend - Blue Reflex.
xr6turbo2005 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2009, 08:23 PM   #6
Teflon Turbo
Banned

be that as it may, there is a hell of a lot of selling and buying here.
Old 18-06-2009, 09:04 PM   #7
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Good idea ..... but already have the 'Smileys' happening and to introduce another rating type system, it will get a bit ratings overload I would think.

There are mods watching whats happening closely to weed out as many problems possible. Can't get them all but some think its too heavily modded but when it comes to people doing business and money trading hands constantly, it needs to be and is.

Because of this, I would like to think that everyone in the Sales Yard is above board. Of course some won't be ..... but even those with heaps of thread counts and smileys can slip up or turn dodgy. Someone who could have a trading rate of 20 can be as bad as someone with none anyway .....

Also, I beleive the Sales Yard isnt the reason there is this Forum and that the actual discussion pages is why everyone is here? There are heaps of other places to sell goods and this is just a service offered. People selling or buying should be cautious of new people selling ... if any concerns, let a mod know. Can't always fix it but will try our best

Bit long winded sorry but to sum it all up ...... Recognition should be given to those who contribute to the general forum areas and not for those who have made the most money from the site. Let the mods weed the indesirables the best we can and if anyone who is or 'seems' to be doggy PLEASE let admin or a mod know. Which everyone does anyway

| [/url] |

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2009, 10:45 PM   #8
b2tf
not here much anymore

As above we do try and jump on any users we come across that are dodgy but as with everything on the internet there will always be a certain element of risk. There are a number of guidelines in place which are stickied in the FS forum and I'd encourage all who use that area of the forums to be familiar with them.

I'll also make it known here that we do go to lengths wherever possible to sort things out - the forums has a blanket policy of not being involved nor responsible for any transactions that take place through the site - be it with other users or site sponsors, the forums is not liable for these and it is very much a case of 'buyer beware'. I would hope though that most of our regular members are honest and those that are not are found out quickly - please do report anybody who you think may be a bit shifty in terms of a deal, because we do look into it - I myself have personally contacted police in a number of states to pass on details of users who have withheld goods after payment etc.
Old 18-06-2009, 10:56 PM   #9
FORCED F6
VIC The Place to Boost

Yeh makes sense I guess, although it would have been good to have something like this... Thanks for sharing your thoughts on it anyways (mods) and still a good suggestion (Torquen Turbo)

Regards Oz
Old 18-06-2009, 11:31 PM   #10
Teflon Turbo
Banned

just for the record, I never suggested this because I have been burnt. I haven't.

anyway, thanks for that.

Chris