Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 11-08-2005, 02:29 PM   #1
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Never pay speeding fines again

STOCKHOLM (Reuters) - Tired of parking fines and speeding tickets? A Swedish company offers insurance against both, claiming to be the first in the field.

Swedish drivers who register with the Bisso company at the Web site www.bisso.se and pay an annual fee of 850 crowns ($112) are covered against three speeding tickets a year, as long as they are not more than 30 km an hour (19 miles an hour) above the limit.

For an extra fee, drivers can buy cover against parking fines. Fines in Sweden, which has one of the best road safety records in the world, range from 800 to 2000 crowns for speeding and 425 to 700 crowns for parking offences.

"We believe drivers are under economic pressure and there is no room in household budgets to pay fines. We offer economic protection," said Dan Glimmeras, head of marketing at Bisso.

He told Reuters insuring against speeding fines was not illegal, but repeat offenders could still lose their license.

Several thousand people had signed up for the insurance since May, Glimmeras said.
Source

1966 Ford Mustang coupe. 347 stroker, PA reverse manual C4, TCE high stall converter, B&M Pro Ratchet, Edelbrock alum heads, Edelbrock intake manifold, MSD ignition, Holley Street HP 750 CFM carb, gilmer drive, wrapped Hooker Super Comp Headers, dual 3" straight through exhaust, Bilstein shocks, custom springs, full poly suspension, American Racing rims, Open Tracker roller spring saddles and shelby drop.

Still to go - Holley Sniper EFI with integrated fuel cell.
merlin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2005, 02:35 PM   #2
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ive heard about this company before and i think there is one of its type in australia. I doubt it would protect demerit points which is what id be worried about.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2005, 03:11 PM   #3
HP1966

cool!
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2005, 04:56 PM   #4
Yaw
Ford Fanatic

HAHA, I wonder if there is an excess to pay
Old 11-08-2005, 05:06 PM   #5
SunDrifter
To shreads you say?!

That would be great in Australia, except we'll hear people whinge that they should be paying less for coverage because they are on lower incomes despite the fact that they are on the road more and get more fines, whereas people that get a better wage/salary should pay more despite being on the road less.
I've owned Holdens and Daewoos, and had plenty of problems with Holdens and none with Daewoos. Of course, the Holden is the more desirable car to own and drive, but based on my experience it is not the higher quality of the two.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickHolden
Weight means nothing to a cars handling...
:
SunDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post