Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 09-06-2009, 08:51 PM   #1
boogernissan
feza

Default Pay Attention!!!

it is a little bit graphic but i think it should get the msg accross(hopefully) to all idiots on the road

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xS1enJr49os

boogernissan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2009, 09:19 PM   #2
FPVF6X201
Formerly FPVwannabe

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Slotted front rotors for the TTG write-up and pics. 

Those vids should be shown at school when kids are taught driver education................................ oh wait, wer'e too stupid in this country to kids how to drive.

Borla ATAK axle back exhaust.
Hawk ceramic brake pads.
CLStech Ribbon DRL mod.
X Lume illuminated grille badge.
Injen CAI.
FPVF6X201 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2009, 09:25 PM   #3
Jack91
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Repost, but good to see it again
Jack91 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2009, 09:32 PM   #4
gtfpv
GT

I actually stopped that video at 2.00 minutes because i am weak with seeing things like that . i get your point with this topic.

just to clarify with youth though. there are courses that teach the dangers of driving and show graphics etc . a friend of mine took his daughter to a course like this , he said the youth did not seem to react to such horror graphics , he even noticed minimal concern in his daughters reactions .
after the course he pulled a course instructor aside , and made comment to this reaction.
the instructer said that studies have been done proving minimal impact running such courses because of the human young brain does not react to these situations as older people do , something along the lines of feeling immortal, this wont happen to me kind of reaction he stated that brain maturity isnt fully developed untill age 28 , and lack of concern or reaction to these things is actually documented as a normal reaction up untill the late 20's .
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2009, 09:32 PM   #5
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Pretty graphic. Except for the RTA add "Nobody Thinks big of you"
I'm no sure young people care that much. They will watch it, but then in the car with their mates, forget all about it. And do what they want, right or wrong. Only way the message will get through is when they kill someone, or somebody close to them dies, and they see it first hand. I don't think these types of video's have the impact that they should have.

Still, its a good compilation of ads.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2009, 10:29 PM   #6
Spanrz
Hmmmmmmm!!

Yeah, some TAC ad's were like that a while ago. Good and shocking.

I like the driver ed video from "Moving Violations" myself. (Blood flows Red on the Highway - or something like that)

Last edited by Spanrz; 09-06-2009 at 10:37 PM.
Spanrz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2009, 10:44 PM   #7
500SEC

Those ads are captivating, but I fear they only result in another suite of speed cameras and draconian fines, rather than any emphasis on driver training. In Australia, like most other countries, we are taught how to get a driving license, not how to drive. I drive into and out of the ACT everyday. Without fail everyday, I have at least one heart-stopping moment when I fear being hit by another driver. Why can't the police intercept bad driving; esp when it's so plain to see.
500SEC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2009, 11:27 AM   #8
GeoNazi
Banned

Default How an Anti-Speeding ad should be.

WARNING GRAPHIC LIKE CONTENT!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xS1enJr49os

Found this and sorry if this is a repost couldn't find a similair post relating to this ad

Pay Attention,
GeoNazi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2009, 11:33 AM   #9
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

Correct. Repost. Yesterday in fact ;) And many times before that
gcg2503 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2009, 11:35 AM   #10
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

: http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11262759

as stated above was only yesterday and god only knows how many times before

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jason[98.EL] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2009, 11:36 AM   #11
Scott

Default I hadn't seen this before...

Very effective clip. The couple on the wall really resonated with me and is an image I don't think I'll forget in a while. For all the road safety videos/adds I have seen, this one actually made me sit up and think.

I hope these get played here, complacency is the biggest killer on our roads and is seemingly the least targetted, perhaps because it's hard to create revenue from.

Good add, strong message - thanks for posting.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2009, 11:44 AM   #12
Kawasakirider

That's pretty damn scary. Howcome the RTA only showed some of it? I know why, it's too graphic... But seriously, no one will listen to the adds otherwise.
Kawasakirider is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2009, 11:51 AM   #13
futura97
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

I don't mind re posts - Its good for people who aren't on these boards 24/7, where a topic can disappear to the second page within an hour sometimes...And while I can't speak for everyone, rarely do I go to 2nd page and beyond...

Thanks for the post
futura97 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2009, 08:48 PM   #14
Thankfull
Banned

A very good Video as a teaching tool to make young people aware.....

As a Christian the only part I object too, is where it shows the Spirit of one of the people killed in the Car accident going upwards as if to heaven...

Ye shall not surely die....was the first lie ever told.

The Living know that they shall die.....but the dead know nothing !!

Cheers all
Thankfull is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2009, 10:00 PM   #15
500SEC

Lol....I don't know what you're talking about. The victim died right? Where's the lie? And please don't tell us about an afterlife, I'm happy with this life. There are some great books on this topic "God is not Great" by Christopher Hitchens and "The God Delusion" by Richard Dawkins.
500SEC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2009, 10:18 PM   #16
DECIM8

Got my attention
DECIM8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2009, 10:50 PM   #17
TERMINATOR X
3000 CCA STARTER MOTOR

Thats shocking. And whats worse is the comments a certain user " Ps2Peter " is leaving.
I hate pricks like that. They should run this during home and away adds. I mean home and away is basically a " DON'T DO THIS KIDDY'S " show anyway. May as well get a few more points across. And good ones at that!
TERMINATOR X is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2009, 11:22 PM   #18
futura97
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TERMINATOR X
Thats shocking. And whats worse is the comments a certain user " Ps2Peter " is leaving.
I hate pricks like that. They should run this during home and away adds. I mean home and away is basically a " DON'T DO THIS KIDDY'S " show anyway. May as well get a few more points across. And good ones at that!
Whats even more disturbing than that is how the author removed replys to ps2peter, but did not remove ps2peters...
futura97 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2009, 10:26 AM   #19
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

They show this one in schools. I know someone in grade 12 at a college here in Cairns.

They have traffic people, police, etc come in every week to talk about road safety to them, show graphic pictures, videos, etc.

They also have guest speakers come in. The most recent was a bloke who crashed his motorcycle, has been in and out of hospital for the past couple of years. Used to work in the mines, cashed up, not a worry in the world. Now he has nothing and is struggling to get by all because he made the choice to do stupid stuff...

I think it's a great way to get this across to kids. And it does actually get through to some. But there will still be the minority that it won't get through to. And these are the people that to watch out for.

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
XR6_661 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post