Old 08-05-2009, 01:02 PM   #61
BlackLS
yum

2 Words: Zoom zoom.

BlackLS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2009, 02:24 PM   #62
JutroXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

does anyone know how many vehicles FPV & HSV sold?

FGX XR8, Auto, Black.

WG Fiesta ST Manual, Black.
JutroXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2009, 04:12 PM   #63
Paxton
Cobblers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackLS
One Word. Supply.
Roses are red. Violets are blue. OS X rocks. Homage to you.
Paxton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2009, 06:03 PM   #64
phillyc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always factual and beneficial. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackLS
Nissan GT-R 66 0

Two words: Vroom, Vroom!

66 sales is huge. Obviously many pre-ordered. Wheels magazine was saying that the servicing costs are horrific. Nearly twice that of a Porsche 911 Turbo's costs. Eek :(

Boss349 built. Not yet run. Waiting on a shell.

Retrotech thread
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...1363569&page=6
phillyc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2009, 08:59 PM   #65
DanielXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paxton
One Word. Supply.
Oh please. With the economy like it is in Europe, it would be a case of how many Mondeos do you want? The boats can sail tomorrow if you have the cash.

Really that line was worn out about three months after they landed in Australia and the early adopters had their cars and the rest of Australia took no notice of Mondeo. It was a good line to keep the media from looking too closely at Mondeos shaky start, but thats about all.

The car had modest sales targets to start with (which tells you something) and has struggled, rightly or wrongly since then to meet them. Blame the badge, Falcon centric dealers, the economy or many others things, but supply these days isn't the problem.

New Mazda 6 has had a lukewarm reception too. Price drops and equipment upgrades and it still looks a pale imitation of the series 1 sales. The car just isn't that attractive and looks more Aurion then sporty. Lack of an MPS edition in the new model, doesn't help Zoom Zoom credability either.

Dan
DanielXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2009, 09:04 PM   #66
DanielXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSbaby
Why is the Mazda6 selling at twice the rate of Mondeo?
Because Mazda dealers won't do warranty repairs on Mondeo. Would help sales if Ford could swing it though.
DanielXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2009, 09:14 PM   #67
Marty
Starter Motor

Scrappage scheme didnt work in the US, it has now been stopped.

BF MkII XR6 Breeze
XW Falcon
Marty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2009, 09:21 PM   #68
duaned
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wretched
I will disagree with you on this.
I am a very proud Focus owner and have not regretted my purchase.
However the VW Golf is a big step up and certainly is the benchmark for hatches, whether the standard or warmed over performance hatches.
Yes they do cost more, but when you sit in one you instantly feel where the $$ have gone, the quality of materials exceeds any other in it's class, even challenging the much more expensive A3, this is also reflected in the positive reviews by journalists.

The R&D spent on the Mark V Golf (most of it on the suspension) ensured VW wouldn't make a profit out of it. The Mark VI Golf has only improved on this. All this shows in the car, the handling is sublime and while you may look at the final $$ price, when you look at what you get for the $$ it isn't all that much more than others. The least value for $$ hatch would have to be the Corolla.
As for servicing and maintenance? No more really than any other Euro car. My Focus certainly is more expensive to service than the Falcon.
+1. Couldn't agree more.
duaned is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2009, 11:11 PM   #69
Gobes32
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by last fairlane
If its true as stated that Toyota sells only 2000 Camrys a month then goes on to say they sell 100000 Camrys to OS countries per year thats about 8500 per month well wouldnt that make them the biggest car producer in OZ by far over 10000 camrys per month as compared to GMH at 3000 odd Commodores and Fords 2000 odd Falcons
hope I got the maths right
(note I said maths with an S
not like USA slang starting to creep in as in math)
thanks John

That is correct, Toyota have a huge manufacturing capacity here in oz, which is why they are bending over backwards to secure Kluger production. Hence why Toyota are the enemy.......lol
Gobes32 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-05-2009, 12:20 AM   #70
Supercharged

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPFS1
That's no rumor.

He asked a question of the audience, how many of you have driven here today in aFord?? Please stand up! He then basically continued to say, not to worry, it's only 5 of you (this is out of more than 100 people in the meeting).

He then went on to explain Ford's commitment and ongoing investment in Geelong etc, yet asked quite 'directly', so where's YOUR support????
That's a fair comment, they should support the company that supports them.
Supercharged is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-05-2009, 12:33 AM   #71
CAMS290
trying to get a leg over
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobes32
Rumor has it that at a recent "save geelong manufacturing" meeting he took a mental note of Fords in the car park as opposed to o'seas models. He then proceeded to rip into everyone along the likes of "you want to save geelong manufacturing?, how about driving geelong built cars?????"

I love it...........
I have bought 2 top of the range Tickford/FPV utes since 2001, and the after sales experience has left a sour taste in my mouth, Ford really need to lift their game in that area, there are a lot of people that wouldn't buy another Ford, because of it.

Terry rust problems, brake hoses etc....the way it has been handled is not good enough imo.

That is probably why people aren't driving Geelong built cars !
Old 09-05-2009, 03:25 AM   #72
ColourHide
Boooooost

Has anyone else noticed since we updated the fg fuel economy to 9.9lt, toyota has stopped with their class leading fuel economy ads ?.
Old 09-05-2009, 03:33 AM   #73
Ohio XB
Compulsive Hobbiest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobes32
Correct, Thailand will be the hub for asia pacific sales. Dealers can only get 1-2 Fiestas a week at the moment.

There's a plant in Spain coming on line producing the Fiesta.

Steve

My XB Interceptor project

Wife's 1966 Mustang

My Artworks and Creative Projects Site
Oil Paintings, Airbrushing, Metal Sculpture,
Custom Cars, Replica Movie Props, Videos,
and more!
Ohio XB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-05-2009, 08:53 AM   #74
robertjp

Ford dont make cars in Geelong, it's there casting and stamping plants.
robertjp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-05-2009, 11:38 AM   #75
imugli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio XB
There's a plant in Spain coming on line producing the Fiesta.

Steve
Will this be supplying Oz or will we have to wait for Thailand? My understanding was that Cologne would supply ours until Thailand came on board...
imugli is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-05-2009, 11:48 AM   #76
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by imugli
Will this be supplying Oz or will we have to wait for Thailand? My understanding was that Cologne would supply ours until Thailand came on board...

Cologne until early next year, then Thailand - a juicy free trade agreement means no Tarriff on Thai cars !!
Fordman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2009, 06:40 PM   #77
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Bit of a wrap up from the ABS.

http://business.theage.com.au/busine...0521-bgs5.html

Quote:
Car sales driven by govt handouts
May 21, 2009 - 3:29PM

New vehicles sales rose for the first time in four months in April as government handouts gave a boost to consumers.

Vehicle sales rose by 0.9 per cent, seasonally adjusted, in April after a 3.3 per cent fall in March, Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) figures show.

In April, 70,814 new vehicles were sold, but this figure was 20.3 per cent below the same month 12 months ago.

CommSec economist Savanth Sebastian said it was good to see that vehicle sales were up in April after the significant falls of previous months.

"It may be that you have had such depressed sales over the past few months, that pent up demand was probably flowing through.

"You have had stimulus cheques come in, tax rebates come through, but overall vehicles sales are still down 20 per cent year on year.''

Passenger car sales rose 1.4 per cent in April, while purchases of four wheel drives were up 3.4 per cent.

"Even though sports utility vehicles have had some reprieve, they are still down 19 per cent year on year,'' Mr Sebastian said.

Purchases of other vehicles slumped 3.5 per cent to 14,990 units in April, the lowest number of sales in the category since September 2003.

Mr Sebastian said that although car sales were likely to continue moderating, the sector would pick up from 2010.

"Going forward, we will probably see over the next six months the low point in the cycle for car sales before they trend higher next year,'' he said.

"With interest rates low and car affordability at a 25-year highs, things do look a bit more positive.''
Victorian sales of new vehicles fell to its lowest level since June 2002.

AAP