Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

View Poll Results: DID I DO THE RIGHT THING?
Yes 288 97.63%
No 7 2.37%
Voters: 295. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 14-04-2009, 10:46 AM   #91
Coogs289
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by banarcus
I think that you did the wrong thing because you obviously hurt his feelings and he had a cry. You shouldn't make people cry, thats cruel.
how does that work? he didn't hurt the kids feeling. he just advised him that he is better off staying where he is rather than running off.
he was only crying because he knew he was going to get into trouble.
Old 14-04-2009, 11:46 AM   #92
LTDterri
SY TS Territory

I agree with most here, you did the right thing, if it was the first time he has done something so stupid you may have scared him into not attempting it again and so he has learned a valuable lesson, now all this kid needs is his parents to make him pay for the damage either now or when he gets a job, hold it over his head to further remind him of the stupid act, this kid could have gone on to causing a serious accident, so coming accross you was HIS lucky day..if he were my son he would'nt be able to sit for a week
Old 14-04-2009, 11:58 AM   #93
EL_Mont

Quote:
Originally Posted by velocity_avisGT
how does that work? he didn't hurt the kids feeling. he just advised him that he is better off staying where he is rather than running off.
he was only crying because he knew he was going to get into trouble.
lol i think banarcus was being sarcastic?
Old 14-04-2009, 12:07 PM   #94
Coogs289
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL_Mont
lol i think banarcus was being sarcastic?
lol, i thought he was, but i just wanted to add my two cents worth_2:
Old 14-04-2009, 04:56 PM   #95
motorcycles4eva
love the xa's

Quote:
Originally Posted by banarcus
I think that you did the wrong thing because you obviously hurt his feelings and he had a cry. You shouldn't make people cry, thats cruel.
yea but he made him cry.. then he said she said.. then him cried about he.??
now i'm crying...:evil_laug
Old 14-04-2009, 06:54 PM   #96
au11futura
ROCKING THE EL FUTURA

ok well i spoke to the cops today, and they advised me that i was a good cavillion for caring about the community, also they have provided my insurance with the details for his pearents insurance company.

Now heres the tricky part if his pearants say yes without their knolage he took the car (theft) the insurance is not liable, but the police know from his statement that it was theft.

so im up for $300 ecces to fix my car, unless the pearents agree to pay for the damage which would be $600.

also the accesor said it would be close to $600 to fix my car.

As for the kid he has a criminal record for life as the laws have changed and it dosent get wiped when you turn 18 anymore.
Old 14-04-2009, 06:58 PM   #97
au11futura
ROCKING THE EL FUTURA

At the end of the day alot of kids restrain themseves from getting into cars when unlicenced, my view because off all who have supported me in this is this, IF YOU COMMIT THE CRIME YOU DO THE TIME, no matter if your 15 or 50 years old.

And again many thanks to all those who have supported me through this you have been a huge help, and if this was to happen again i would do the same thing.

Dont forget if i let him go it could be your Mum, Dad, or loved one he could of killed and i can't live with that.
Old 14-04-2009, 07:14 PM   #98
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Don't most insurers have no excess if you provide the at fault party's details?
The insurance might refuse to pay because he doesn't have a licence, doesn't really matter if he had permission to use the car, he legally can't drive. Insurers will take any way out they can get. It's likely the money will have to come from the parents' pockets.
$600 isn't too much of a stretch for the parents to pay, unless the parents are scum and won't play ball, then you should get your money.
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
Old 14-04-2009, 07:25 PM   #99
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by au11futura

As for the kid he has a criminal record for life as the laws have changed and it dosent get wiped when you turn 18 anymore.

That's right. It's not wiped. If he's a naughty boy again, it won't be mentioned in the court room, but the judge knows about it
Old 14-04-2009, 07:48 PM   #100
alter_EGOXR
BF MKII XR6

you did the right thing...now he will think twice before he goes for a joy ride...
Old 14-04-2009, 08:44 PM   #101
Pinch
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I thought that if you provided the at fault party's details - name and address then they will take it up with them and you pay no excess. They stole a car so don't have insurance, sucks to be them. Looks like that $10 a week pocket money is theirs no more. Same if someone with no third party hits you, your insurance fixes you car, and if you can provide details of the at fault party then they will get the money from them somehow (usually by instalments) and you pay no excess.
Old 14-04-2009, 10:16 PM   #102
Rob's 76 Effy
Lion Tammer

His name was Brian and yes he's a naughty boy, just pay the 600 and get on with your life, theres more important things in life than a car with a minor dent behind a number plate, blah blah blah
"When you push a car past 180mph, the world starts to get awfully fuzzy. When you go past 200mph it actually blurs. The Bugatti Veyron is mind-blowingly, stunningly brilliant. It deserves 12 stars. Simply as good and as fast as it gets"
Don't drive faster than your Guardian Angel can fly
Old 15-04-2009, 03:53 AM   #103
motorcycles4eva
love the xa's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explorer_Me
His name was Brian and yes he's a naughty boy, just pay the 600 and get on with your life, theres more important things in life than a car with a minor dent behind a number plate, blah blah blah
and what if that is 600 dollars he (the one who started the thread) doesn't have?? and if it is that simple i'll steal a part from your car worth 600 dollars.. who cares.. its illegal..just like driving at 15.. just pay the 600 dollars and we'll all move on in life..
you have kids?? if so do you let them get away with murder??
has anyone stollen from you? (illegal and in same category as a 600 dollar bill you don't need)
or hit and run with your car?? he didn't ask for this to happen remember??
this is a discussion thread so before you get your nickers in a knot i'm discussing how i dissagree with your answer..
the principle? respect?? anyone remember that word??
yea you can tell me to blow it out my aaarrrsssee . i'm sorry mate but i dissagree with your reply cause it happened to me but i didn't catch the little c......t.

i'll give you another example..different but simular..
i have a cafe.. a kid on drugs broke into my business looking for money.. next day i was devastated. i didn't ask for it.. either way 800 dollars for windows and doors came out of my pocket. when the police brought him to me (surprising) they asked if i wanted to press charges. f...k yea i said!!!
i didnt get my 800 back but the kid went to rehab as part of his charge..
a year later unexpectedly the kid came in on his own and appologised.. said he was clean.. that was good enough for me.. let alone him..
did i do him a favour?? who knows??
you get the picture..

Last edited by motorcycles4eva; 15-04-2009 at 04:01 AM.
Old 15-04-2009, 06:43 PM   #104
au11futura
ROCKING THE EL FUTURA

Quote:
And how do you know his name? May i Ask.

If you do know him id love to ask his pearents what morals and values they are teaching there son.
Old 15-04-2009, 06:49 PM   #105
au11futura
ROCKING THE EL FUTURA

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorcycles4eva
and what if that is 600 dollars he (the one who started the thread) doesn't have?? and if it is that simple i'll steal a part from your car worth 600 dollars.. who cares.. its illegal..just like driving at 15.. just pay the 600 dollars and we'll all move on in life..
has anyone stollen from you? (illegal and in same category as a 600 dollar bill you don't need)
this is a discussion thread so before you get your nickers in a knot i'm discussing how i dissagree with your answer..
yea you can tell me to blow it out my aaarrrsssee . i'm sorry mate but i dissagree with your reply cause it happened to me but i didn't catch the little c......t.

i have a cafe.. a kid on drugs broke into my business looking for money.. next day i was devastated. i didn't ask for it.. either way 800 dollars for windows and doors came out of my pocket. when the police brought him to me (surprising) they asked if i wanted to press charges. f...k yea i said!!!
a year later unexpectedly the kid came in on his own and appologised.. said he was clean.. that was good enough for me.. let alone him..
you get the picture..
mate for me $600 is a weeks worth of wages plus some o/t.

And you are right, i have just gone into huge debt to buy a house to start my own family, obviously you know how expensive that is, so $600 to me is quite abit of cash, also like i said in a prev post i bought the carto have something nice for a change as ive only owned dented cars all my life without the help of my oldies so the value of the dollar for me is huge.

At least you and alot of other forum members understand me, not like others who have obviosly been raised with a silver spoon.

I hope to catch up with heaps of you in person on a cruze some day because you speak with respect for others.
Old 15-04-2009, 06:54 PM   #106
au11futura
ROCKING THE EL FUTURA

also this kid didnt even say he was sorry.

but like i said its not for cash, but the way its going i can turn into arrogant pr#ck and say yep stuff the little ill sew for everything, but i havent.

you dont understand what stress this has put me under for the last few days, its bloody frustruting.
Old 15-04-2009, 07:25 PM   #107
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by au11futura
And how do you know his name? May i Ask.

If you do know him id love to ask his pearents what morals and values they are teaching there son.

Brian as in Monty Python's "Life of Brain", or maybe his name was Wodeny ?
Old 15-04-2009, 09:14 PM   #108
Rob's 76 Effy
Lion Tammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorcycles4eva

you get the picture..
Well if your intent on stealing 600$ worth of parts of my car PM me with your # and i'll send you my addy and we'll see how far you make it out the driveway with the items :
"When you push a car past 180mph, the world starts to get awfully fuzzy. When you go past 200mph it actually blurs. The Bugatti Veyron is mind-blowingly, stunningly brilliant. It deserves 12 stars. Simply as good and as fast as it gets"
Don't drive faster than your Guardian Angel can fly
Old 15-04-2009, 09:38 PM   #109
motorcycles4eva
love the xa's

Quote:
Well if your intent on stealing 600$ worth of parts of my car PM me with your # and i'll send you my addy and we'll see how far you make it out the driveway with the items :
funny that.. reverse the role and who doesn't like the results now??
its only 600 dollars. just pay it and get on with life.. i'm sure there are far worse problems to worry about..
hey?? sound familiar???
f...ken oath it does hey??!!!
exactly my point mate.. exactly his point too.. mate..
Old 15-04-2009, 09:42 PM   #110
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Over 100 posts have about covered this topic, we are done.
Closed Thread