Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 27-03-2009, 10:17 PM   #1
BA Baracus
xls

Default Run-out focus negotiating.

My mum is looking to buy a new hatch around 20k and I had a thread in the pub section for suggestions. We've had a good look around now at what's on offer and have decided she's best going with the run-out focus.

Anyway, these are advertised in a manual for $18,990 (plus on-roads) with the smooth pack (cruise, leather wheel, mirrors, alloys etc). I was keen to encourage her in getting the smooth pack as opposed to a cheaper deal without the pack as I like those extra options.

She needs auto though and once you combine that with on-road costs the budget is too stretched. I've spoken to most dealerships in Brisbane about it on the phone and got rough "best price can offer" on auto with the smooth pack on-road, but it's too much for her really. I've found one dealer though that has quite a number of the run-out pov pack CL auto already sitting at dealership that will offer a drive away price prior to any negotiations of about $19,500.

We are going to actually look and probably discuss a deal tomorrow and I'm after advice on what might be best to aim for. I am of the understanding since this dealer already has these cars that the smooth pack is no longer an option to have put on any of them?

She is not overly fussed on smooth pack or not in any case herself, but the way I see it we can barter for lower price or try and get best options we can within her budget.

*If we were to barter for lower price for base auto CL (onroad) does anyone have an opinion what would be a reasonable price to aim for?

*If we were to go with one at $19-20k does anyone have an opinion on what's the best extras/accessories we should try and have fitted to the car in the deal?

Thanks in advance for any input.

BA Baracus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2009, 08:16 PM   #2
Tj-zetec
Knows nothing. Apparently

for what it's worth, especially if you're looking at run-out models, it might definitely be worth considering second hand (and no i'm not going to try and flog you my LR... unless of course your mum is interested )

I'm pretty sure you could get a nicely optioned 1-2 year old Zetec, or even a Ghia for the sort of money you're looking at.

If you look hard, you could get one that's not even a year old and still benefit from dealer warranty.

Sure it's not new, but its pretty close.

1975 Mitsubishi/Chrysler GC Galant 2-door Hardtop. 4G63 DOHC heart transplant nearly complete!
Check out the build over here
Tj-zetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2009, 09:08 PM   #3
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

I got a smooth pack in January for 20400 brand new... auto...

it can be done.. shop harder...
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2009, 07:14 AM   #4
Buzz Box
Wheel Wally

I agree either go a 1 or 2 yo ghia or zetec or shop harder and smooth pack is DEF worth it and you'll be able to get it under 20k

Previously:
2009 Ford Focus - "The Bubble Car"
2002 Ford Futura Wagon - "The Big White Wagon"
1996 Ford Falcon - "Ophelia"
1975 Jaguar XJ6 - "The Beast"
Buzz Box is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2009, 09:51 PM   #5
BA Baracus
xls

Sorry checked next couple of days but didn't realize anyone responded to this, she ended up with the base model CL as the price purchasing it from that dealer after negotiating and putting it in her business name was too good to knock back. Only had a choice of black, white, silver or titanium grey, went with the grey.

Did consider second hand higher spec'ed model but she wasn't keen on the idea, has bought her last 3 cars new and 4 prior cars were bought new and passed on by my grandparents. Car is nice to drive, fairly impressed, the indicator being on the opposite side of wheel takes some getting used to though, she's got a clean windscreen.
BA Baracus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2009, 10:40 PM   #6
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Fantastic, these Focus have been selling lately! My sister just ordered one and her housemate just picked up a runout LX.

The more the better!
Old 07-04-2009, 08:57 AM   #7
BrisVegas
Noobie

if they put an auto in the diesel they'd sell a heap more too I reckon.
LS Focus Zetec 5dr - gone
WS Fiesta Zetec 5dr - gone
BrisVegas is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2009, 12:00 PM   #8
barra240t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrisVegas
if they put an auto in the diesel they'd sell a heap more too I reckon.
The new LV has the auto option for TDCi.
Old 07-04-2009, 01:26 PM   #9
BrisVegas
Noobie

oh really! that's cool. I should get out more.
LS Focus Zetec 5dr - gone
WS Fiesta Zetec 5dr - gone
BrisVegas is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2009, 03:25 PM   #10
zetec
Zoom Zoom

yes, yes you should!

It's a 'DSG' style, twin clutch 6 speed automatic. And it's incredible.