Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 01-04-2009, 10:02 PM   #1
LukeyST
ST fan

Default Clutch differences xr6 HP -v- VCT

Gday,

Just wondering if anyone can tell me the difference between the clutches in the HP and VCT XR6's. More to the point i want to know if they are interchangeable, as the Exedy website lists a clutch for XR6's (part number FMK-6995), but doesn't specify whether its for HP's or VCT's.

I know for sure they are different, as today when i priced genuine items i was quoted around 1100 for the pressure plate, clutch plate, and bearing for my VCT, and the bloke said if it was an HP it would of come in a kit and been much cheaper!

Also, how much would i be looking at for an Exedy OEM replacement or HD clutch kit?? I'll be making some enquires soon, but i may as well ask while im here

My car is a series 3 VCT as below.

Thanks.

Old 02-04-2009, 04:15 PM   #2
FS5
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i thought all au i6 manuals ran the same clutch.i could be wrong though...
exedy do a good aftermarket one,i thinks its called 'sports tuff ' or something.
a clutch kit should cost you around 400/$500.
Old 02-04-2009, 10:24 PM   #3
webby_191189
low wagooon

If its the series 3 VCT engine the EXEDY FMK-6995 is the correct one, The sports tuff clutch mentioned is the EXEDY heavy duty version FMK-6995HD. I had the HD installed last week and is a great clutch, very bitey you could say

webby_191189 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2009, 10:25 PM   #4
webby_191189
low wagooon

Also thats the whole clutch kit to, everything need to bolt up to the VCT, you even get a pretty white sticker

webby_191189 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2009, 02:06 PM   #5
LukeyST
ST fan

Ok thanks for the replys. From what webby said im going to assume the Exedy clutch is compatible with either HP or VCT.
Old 04-04-2009, 02:30 PM   #6
5LGhiaWgn
Banned

Hmm in all Honesty I dont see what difference there could be between a VCT and HP to make them need different clutch's, they would be running the same gearbox and flywheel it would only be the pressure plate needing to be somewhat different as the VCT puts out a little more power however that couldnt warrant a higher clamp load for the clutch as its only 10kw more
5LGhiaWgn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post