Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 25-09-2006, 01:48 AM   #61
AMT
Come fly with P.S.I...

Ok they may have better ads but we have better cars right...thats what counts......
Old 25-09-2006, 02:02 AM   #62
Full Spectrum
Only a matter of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhanst
Ok they may have better ads but we have better cars right...thats what counts......
Had...
Old 25-09-2006, 03:28 AM   #63
slloyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJLynx
BA XR8 ad with the cops following and then that awesome V8 note.
Yeah the V8 note got me too.

It's pretty simple math, 9 out of 10 people who would consider buying a V8 are impressed by the exhaust note.
slloyd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2006, 03:28 AM   #64
slloyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickHolden
Had...
Took you 4 years to catch up.
Old 25-09-2006, 03:44 AM   #65
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Misinterpreted a post.

Other post wasn't clear.

So axe this post please.

Last edited by uranium_death; 25-09-2006 at 03:46 AM. Reason: misinterpretation from other person's poor post
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2006, 09:17 AM   #66
SunDrifter
To shreads you say?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slloyd
Have you caught up yet Slickholden, or are you still driving a VP?

...hrmmm...
I've owned Holdens and Daewoos, and had plenty of problems with Holdens and none with Daewoos. Of course, the Holden is the more desirable car to own and drive, but based on my experience it is not the higher quality of the two.
Quote:
Weight means nothing to a cars handling...
:
SunDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2006, 02:44 PM   #67
Kenaz
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by uranium_death
I like the BMW evolution advertisement. It shows the development of BMW's saloons over the years.
That's my favourite car ad of recent years.
Quote:
Ford ads aren't the best to me because of 1 ad i thought was a disgrace. The one where the mum just gave birth to a baby and the nurse is about to hand her the baby when they look she has bolted out the door more interested in buying a car so she abandons her new born.
Yeah, I thought all of those ads were pretty crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels Nov 02
It's suave, more subtle, and yet no less stirring. In fact, the boosted Ford is more polished than any big sedan Australia has ever produced. It's just so damn good, it makes the SS feel crude... Ignore the WRX. Forget the E49. Falcon XR6 Turbo is king.
Kenaz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2006, 02:53 PM   #68
DJL351
XR & FPV Owner

What about the Ford F-150/250 pulling the Mack Truck out of the mud?
That was a top ad too.

Always will remember the "Stuck in third" ad. Best one I can think of.
2005 BF GT (6sp manual - Build #183)
2015 SZ MkII Territory Titanium
2016.75 LZ Focus Sport

Quote:
probably the stupidist post on aff - congrats
Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
There was once a time when every young man in this country was familiar with firearms and many owned them privately along with a stock of ammo and some bush gear.

Now the best we can hope for is to unfriend them on facebook then SMS their commanders with !!!1!!!!!!11!1!! and then finally plank a tank.......
DJL351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2006, 03:03 PM   #69
red_hotxr6
Banned

Come on guys, the ads have nothing to do with selling a car. When i was looking for one too buy my husband wanted me to get a toyota.And that was what i bought, reliable, cheap ran well but after a couple of months i really got tired of it. Looked in the trading post and amongst all of the cars my first xr6. Saw it, drove it, loved the feel of it and that was it, bought it.A young girl wrote it off and i bought another without hesitation.7 months and i have not looked back. Lve it,love it.Go ford And it had nothing to do with any commercials or ads on tv. :
red_hotxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2006, 03:29 PM   #70
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I like the BMW evolution advertisement. It shows the development of BMW's saloons over the years.

Ford should stop the toungue-in-cheek , Mr. Smartypants commercials and stick with something more conventional yet effective.

They may be slightly amusing at first, but it wears off very quickly.

They also should choose better music.
Totally agree, the BMW ad is pretty good, something like that with the Falcon GT's would be awesome. Also the new Subura Liberty GT ad where he changes the suspension settings and has the panther running alongside, then a stallion ect before doing a powerslide is a fairly effective ad as well.
1966 Ford Mustang coupe. 347 stroker, PA reverse manual C4, TCE high stall converter, B&M Pro Ratchet, Edelbrock alum heads, Edelbrock intake manifold, MSD ignition, Holley Street HP 750 CFM carb, gilmer drive, wrapped Hooker Super Comp Headers, dual 3" straight through exhaust, Bilstein shocks, custom springs, full poly suspension, American Racing rims, Open Tracker roller spring saddles and shelby drop.

Still to go - Holley Sniper EFI with integrated fuel cell.
merlin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2006, 04:01 PM   #71
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_hotxr6
Come on guys, the ads have nothing to do with selling a car. When i was looking for one too buy my husband wanted me to get a toyota.And that was what i bought, reliable, cheap ran well but after a couple of months i really got tired of it. Looked in the trading post and amongst all of the cars my first xr6. Saw it, drove it, loved the feel of it and that was it, bought it.A young girl wrote it off and i bought another without hesitation.7 months and i have not looked back. Lve it,love it.Go ford And it had nothing to do with any commercials or ads on tv. :
Yeah, but that's because after buying a boring piece of poo on wheels, you went out and researched a bit (which includes driving).

You now realise your mistake.

I saw another new Camry today and despite all the excitement and advertising, I think it looks completely **** and I would not even take one for free, unless I was allowed to sell it and then buy a real car.
Old 25-09-2006, 04:18 PM   #72
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhanst

Quote:
Had...

Quote:
Originally Posted by slloyd
And they barely take the "better car tag", a little over 12 months and Ford will p*** all over them again!
vztrt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2006, 04:47 PM   #73
red_hotxr6
Banned

Quote:
Yeah, but that's because after buying a boring piece of poo on wheels, you went out and researched a bit (which includes driving).

You now realise your mistake.

I saw another new Camry today and despite all the excitement and advertising, I think it looks completely **** and I would not even take one for free, unless I was allowed to sell it and then buy a real car.
I am sorry but out of all of that did you not get the part where TV, ads or commercials played any part in me buying a superior piece of machinery.????
red_hotxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2006, 04:50 PM   #74
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_hotxr6
Go ford And it had nothing to do with any commercials or ads on tv. :
That's the point I've made several times.

That you can never purchase a car based on a commercial, most of which are crap.

As I said, the only way is to go out and research independently, test drive and the come to your own personal conclusion.
Old 25-09-2006, 04:52 PM   #75
SSBUB
SSuper SSpy

trivial nonsense this 'mines better than yours' crap
So what if slick drives a VP? Who are you to make fun of his ride? The back and forth banter is tiresome, but slagging another persons ride is a no-no.
SSBUB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2006, 05:14 PM   #76
Fairlane
V8 Powaah

Ford ads have been generally crap in recent years. The territory turbo ads, the fiesta ads they are all pretty bad. They do have some good ones from time to time- The courier Ad (got what the others are missing), the original BA series ad and the RTV ad. But generally i find them bad- the AU suck in 3rd ad plus the XR chic magnet/dog magnet ads just annoy me.

I think that Ford despite it significant budget even gets snotted in the advertising by smaller brands, maybe Ford should flog their Aussie-ness a bit more, hell they invented the bloody ute, theyve been making Falcons since 1960. Ford hasnt had a decent campaign in ages: Have you driven a Ford Lately, Ford: We have ignition and Ford No Boundaries have not exactly been resounding sucesses. Ford could atleast try something like the Mazda Zoom-Zoom campaign (and stick with it)- its better than nothing.

Ultimately its sad that my favourite Auto ad of the last 5 years, was the VUSS Farmer Ad, that Ad was pretty awesome.

XF S pack Sedan- AU 302 Windsor, T5, 2.77 LSD, Many Mods
Fairlane is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2006, 05:39 PM   #77
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairlane
The courier Ad (got what the others are missing)
Bloody Brilliant!
Old 25-09-2006, 06:08 PM   #78
slloyd

You have to look at their targets though. Holden generally target young-ish early 30's hoons with too much money for their commodores, Ford targets the early to mid 40's age group for the Falcon. It has always been this way, thats why Ford spent years investing in the Australian Open tennis tournament instead of V8 Supercars.

Mid 40's gentlemen and early 30's hoons dont respond to the same kinds of adverts.
Old 04-04-2009, 01:20 PM   #79
AustinA40
Tourer

Ford commercials need to be more agressive and poke s--t at Holden, and others, as long it is legitimate, some Holden ads have been misleading and had to be taken off TV.
FORD, sack your advertising mob and get somebody that does not pussyfoot around and can create decent commercials,
AustinA40 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2009, 02:11 PM   #80
HSV587
yes i drive a HSV....

Quote:
That's the point I've made several times.

That you can never purchase a car based on a commercial, most of which are crap.

As I said, the only way is to go out and research independently, test drive and the come to your own personal conclusion.

To most people on the forums and who have an interest in anything automotive,this may ring true....but to the average mum and dad who wants a shopping trolley,adverts are king.Sorta like if i was to go out and buy a new fridge.I know nothing about them,and in the end,ild pick the one in my price range with the most features printed on the front of the coulourful brochure,not knowing if it was japanese,taiwanese,korean or if it was going to blow up in a month.After working in a car dealership for a few years,it used to amaze me how many people used to make up their mind on a car by looking at brochures....
HSV587 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2009, 02:20 PM   #81
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outbackjack
Yep, holden make better commercials. Ford make better cars. I have never driven a commercial, but I reckon it can't be better than a ford. :
so true.. yeah im going to go out and drop $50k on a car because i like the commercial... :

Old 04-04-2009, 02:27 PM   #82
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

I thought when I saw the thread ........ boy has this topic been done to death! Then noticed the date! :togo:

| [/url] |

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post