Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 25-02-2009, 02:02 AM   #1
v8 hurricane

Default dodgy speed camera

About 9 months ago, I was driving my fathers car down Kelvin Grove Road in Brisbane as an identical car passed me as i went past a speed camera van. I know and am absolutely certain of my speed and i was going 55km/h. Dad got a ticket in the mail saying it was 70 km/h and the car passing me was in the picture.

After trying to explain how this other white lancer flew past me at the time, he would have none of it and so I payed the fine and was done with it.

On the weekend dad was driving his work car on the same road and in the identical spot was another camera van...funnily enough a verada zoomed past us and flash, right at dads car. We both immediately looked at the speedo and it was....55km/h....

WTF?

It's stressing dad out because he took my points and my mothers points and he himself has never had a speeding ticket...i guess until he gets mail in 2 weeks.

It's just a bit annoying that you can't drive along your own street at under the speed limit without getting a speeding fine and demerit points.

2010-2014 2008 Ford Falcon FG XT Lightning Strike
2017 2017 Ford Mustang GT Black
v8 hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2009, 02:18 AM   #2
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Did you ask to see the pic?
Old 25-02-2009, 03:16 AM   #3
ELtim
Six One Eight

What's annoying is that they're using White Vans as Traffic Patrol Cars now.

For Sale: Year Old Gas System
http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?p=2644272#post2644272
ELtim is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2009, 08:20 AM   #4
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELtim
What's annoying is that they're using White Vans as Traffic Patrol Cars now.
hows that a problem? theyre still easy to spot
GS608 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2009, 09:36 AM   #5
Bill M
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasOLane
Did you ask to see the pic?
Ha ha GasOLane, I like the axiom. Yes, you can buy a copy of the photo here in Victoria, might be worthwhile to do so. It costs the southerners $8.00 but if it saves $100 then it is worth it.
cheers
Bill.
Old 25-02-2009, 10:40 AM   #6
hdj80

Ask for the picture sequence. The camera takes two pics. If the verada is pulling away from your car in the pics then you have a fair call to make that it was the vehicle that activated the camera.

Notice the white lines in each lane with the fixed camera units (here in Qld)...pretty sure that is so they can determine which car is actually activating the camera.

That or get your speedo tested....you might be out?
hdj80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2009, 11:11 AM   #7
Bud Bud
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill M
Ha ha GasOLane, I like the axiom. Yes, you can buy a copy of the photo here in Victoria, might be worthwhile to do so. It costs the southerners $8.00 but if it saves $100 then it is worth it.
cheers
Bill.
That's fine but if the pic shows that you are in fact innocent, you should be reimbursed the $8 fee too!

What ever happened to innocent until proven guilty anyway? Shouldn't a pic be made available for a period of say 1 month on a website with a security code that is mailed to you for your own viewing? Surly with today's digital technology this should be a prerequisite policy of your accusers of your alleged offence.

Why should you have to pay anything if you are innocent?
Bud Bud is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2009, 12:32 PM   #8
v8 hurricane

yeah exactly, I know my speedo was out because of the wheels on it, but dad's work car is a 2007 model mazda 6 and we tested it. You're actually going 3% slower then the speedo. Well as far as I knew they send the 1 picture in the mail and there's not much you can do to prove you werent speeding.
Old 25-02-2009, 06:47 PM   #9
Burnout
Falcon RTV - FG G6ET
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8 hurricane
yeah exactly, I know my speedo was out because of the wheels on it, but dad's work car is a 2007 model mazda 6 and we tested it. You're actually going 3% slower then the speedo. Well as far as I knew they send the 1 picture in the mail and there's not much you can do to prove you werent speeding.
Get the photos - go to court, sounds like lazy adjudication to me.

All these seed camera photos are adjudicated in Qld. If there are 2 cars in the picture they pick one, how they do it may never be reviled, perhaps by throwing a dart/watching a fly land on paper/some sort of in-house lotto........

RTV Power
FG G6ET 50th Anniversary in Sensation.
While the basic Ford Six was code named Barra, the Turbo version clearly deserved its very own moniker – again enter Gordon Barfield.
We asked him if the engine had actually been called “Seagull” and how that came about.
“Actually it was just call “Gull”, because I named it that. Because we knew it was going to poo on everything”.
Burnout is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2009, 07:02 PM   #10
Poidevin

Here in WA i talked to a copper once regarding the 'Two cars in the one pictures scenario', he told me that they had to let it go most of the time because they couldn't tell who was speeding.

Although my dad did talk to a copper about 2 months ago and apparently the new speed cameras can now define which of the two cars in the picture was actually speeding
Poidevin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2009, 07:09 PM   #11
snappy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

sue the bastards saying it caused your father undue stress and blah blah blah .
I know it wont happen i just want some one to stick it to the man.
sick to death of these money makers clearly faulty.

P.s lucky you didn't crash your car that speeding driver would of been sent to jail.
snappy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2009, 08:56 PM   #12
v8 hurricane

The only annoying thing is that neither dad or I ever speed and there are people around that fly past and we're paying their fines...rant over