Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 10-02-2009, 05:50 PM   #1
Cam
Stroking it...

Default Auto Service in Brisbane?

As the title suggests, I am after someone to service my auto in brissy, I am in the Camp Hill hill / Carindale area.

And yes I do realise that this is an easy job, but I am also after the bands tightened and i dont entrust the safety of the AU's gearbox in myself :yeees:

Thanks in advance

Now: Busted assed EB Wagon - 5sp and Dual Fuel.
Cam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2009, 11:36 PM   #2
gregaust
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Greg always goes out of his way to provide assistance and support to members of AFF. Greg freely shares his knowledge with people who ask for help and often assists them with obtaining parts and repairs.  A great member of the AFF community. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always happy to offer assistance from his own experiences and often posts up photos when someone is having issues finding/locating something they are trying to repair or replace. 

Mate in an AU the band adjustment is not a normal adjustment. They are set up on assembly and usually left for the life of the trans.
In saying that they can be done but the valvebody must be removed and a knowledge of how the shims are set up .It is not a simplethread type adjuster as in earlier models . Just bought it up so you know the facts and don't get ripped off.
gregaust is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2009, 07:39 AM   #3
Cam
Stroking it...

Hrmm, thanks for the advice. The box has not been serviced since being rebuilt, and I was informed that the bands would have to be adjusted (dunno if it makes any difference but the box aint stock?)

Either way, surely someone has had their box serviced in brissy! I dont like the idea of taking my car to "anyone", to get the gearbox serviced!
Old 11-02-2009, 12:21 PM   #4
ronwest
All Bran = Regular Member

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam
surely someone has had their box serviced in brissy! I dont like the idea of taking my car to "anyone", to get the gearbox serviced!
Cam, I didn't answer earlier because I'm out on the northside but I have great faith in a guy at Geebung and also one at Brendale.

If you want to travel out this way I'll chase up their names and let you know.
ronwest is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2009, 03:11 PM   #5
Cam
Stroking it...

THanks for that

Anyone else recommend anyone closer???
Old 16-02-2009, 10:42 AM   #6
GreenMachine
Mopar/No Car

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Sensational write up about drum brakes. 

Band Automatics at Wooloongabba, just behind Southside Ford... Have been using them for years, they do great work.

'72 Plymouth Scamp
'80 Courier
'13 Kawasaki ZX14-R
'13 Berlina
'92 Suzuki DR650

If you don't fight - You lose
GreenMachine is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2009, 12:04 PM   #7
Cam
Stroking it...

Thanks heaps mate, will give them a call now!